Gaining Elite Status During a Multi-Segment Princess Cruise

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, booking them separately is $160 dearer, so not worth it for the extra $50 of OBC. Both Barb and I have the same Captains Circle number with a different letter on the end so I don't think I would try to pull the wool over their eyes.

I wonder if it would be worth booking segments separately if one of the earlier segments would qualify you to become an Elite member of the Captain's Circle. My understanding is that you need to have spent 150 days onboard or have completed 15 cruises to gain Elite status. 

13 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I wonder if it would be worth booking segments separately if one of the earlier segments would qualify you to become an Elite member of the Captain's Circle. My understanding is that you need to have spent 150 days onboard or have completed 15 cruises to gain Elite status. 

Plenty have Sparky.

These little 2 nighters between Sydney and Melbourne or Brisbane have lots of passengers ticking boxes. Also the 3 night cruises to nowhere on P&O are rolling over the completed cruises. Plenty have grabbed elite from doing less than 50 days that way.

And to answer the topic title - if you reach elite on a segment of a multi-leg cruise, you will be get elite benefits for the following segments.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

...if you reach elite on a segment of a multi-leg cruise, you will be get elite benefits for the following segments.

Even if you booked it as one cruise rather than individual segments?

I'd like to think so. Then again I'd like to think that they'd give you shareholder OBC credit for each segment but apparently that's not the case if you book it as one cruise.

1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

I'd like to think so. Then again I'd like to think that they'd give you shareholder OBC credit for each segment but apparently that's not the case if you book it as one cruise.

Depends. If you booked a complete world cruise, you still get 4 x cruises credited to your Captain's Circle. The 11 night combo I am planning is being sold as a single cruise, so I doubt it will be worth two credits when booked that way. Some might be inclined to book it as 2 cruises, a 7 nighter and a 4 nighter. Others will just go with the 4 nighter, thinking 7 is too big a number to be fast tracking a cruise credit.

• Like 1

When cruising returned (June 2022?) we were going to fly to Qld for a holiday, nice hotel etc. for cheaper than one week in Port Douglas Sheraton Mirage, We booked 4 B2B in a suite (when we met you for first time Sparky74 😁), 3 day, 4day, 7 day and 4 day, Out of Brisbane. This was cheaper than a week in Sheraton. It also gave us 8 cruise credits (2 for staying in suite) which took us right to elite. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

During the World Cruise, people I know moved up the 'loyalty ladder' during the cruise even though they had booked the whole cruise, not in segments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the few good things about the ridiculous price they often charge singles is they give you 2 cruise credits per cruise. I did 2 cruises that I booked as single cruises that I received 4 cruise credits for as they were 2 cruises. I shot to Elite in no time. Each time I got on the ship I had a different coloured card. I always choose a cruise I want to do for the ports and the loyalty perks have just been a bonus. Now I'm over the black medallion, so I've started buying the 'ship design' as a memento. 😎

• Like 2

Hi, we booked a lengthy South America cruise as one cruise. It shows as one cruise in our Princess cruise count, however on the cruise our door card changed colour meaning we switched up to a higher loyalty level. Maybe it will depend on the length of your cruise? We're Platinum and there's no particular benefit to us of being Elite - I do my own washing in the cabin and it's years since I wore shoes that needed polishing 😄

• Like 2

Just now, Jean C said:

Hi, we booked a lengthy South America cruise as one cruise. It shows as one cruise in our Princess cruise count, however on the cruise our door card changed colour meaning we switched up to a higher loyalty level. Maybe it will depend on the length of your cruise? We're Platinum and there's no particular benefit to us of being Elite - I do my own washing in the cabin and it's years since I wore shoes that needed polishing 😄

Don’t you get a mini bar set up?

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Don’t you get a mini bar set up?

Hi, I can take it or leave it - I'm no drink connoisseur and I don't do fizzy drinks (soda, for our US/Canadian readers). Even OJ doesn't do much for me. Coffee and water is my preference, although I drink wine and rum based drinks when in drinking company. I'm a cheap date! 

8 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I can take it or leave it - I'm no drink connoisseur and I don't do fizzy drinks (soda, for our US/Canadian readers). Even OJ doesn't do much for me. Coffee and water is my preference, although I drink wine and rum based drinks when in drinking company. I'm a cheap date! 

We don’t drink alcohol ourselves so we’re even cheaper 😁😁😁 we like ginger ale so usually swap to that since we can no longer get a coffee card swap.

I am happy getting our laundry done and Franks shirts are ironed better than I do so that’s a bonus. Looking fwd to sailing Sydney to NZ in March 2024 to celebrate Franks 85th Birthday! Yep I know, I’m married to a spunk 🥰🥰🥰 taken in our last cruise may 2023 😁

IMG_4244.thumb.jpeg.9f96d61128745e7df28c9b54cbf7a1d0.jpeg

• Like 3

He's definitely a good looking dude and looks so young too! You're a lovely couple and I hope you have a wonderful time on your March cruise.

Keith (friend) does his own ironing 🤣 I also don't really like sugary drinks, nothing to do with health, as a Brit I was brought up on cups of tea which I later switched to coffee so I wouldn't have used tea bags/leaves to deal with!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

He's definitely a good looking dude and looks so young too! You're a lovely couple and I hope you have a wonderful time on your March cruise.

Keith (friend) does his own ironing 🤣 I also don't really like sugary drinks, nothing to do with health, as a Brit I was brought up on cups of tea which I later switched to coffee so I wouldn't have used tea bags/leaves to deal with!

I’m a pom too, my kettle never goes cold 😁 I had never drink coffee til I came to Australia. The teapot was never empty 😆

• Like 1

PS @Sparky74, a friend disembarked a two week Princess cruise in the Med last month. The promo he booked was for a 14 night cruise. He said a lot of new passengers came on after the first week. He travelled as a solo and has been given 4 cruises sailed credits for the one cruise, so there is hope for you. Let us know how you get on 🛳 🥳 😊

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jean C said:

PS @Sparky74, a friend disembarked a two week Princess cruise in the Med last month. The promo he booked was for a 14 night cruise. He said a lot of new passengers came on after the first week. He travelled as a solo and has been given 4 cruises sailed credits for the one cruise, so there is hope for you. Let us know how you get on 🛳 🥳 😊

It was more of an academic question. 
We don’t have a multisegment cruise planned at the moment. 
To date we’ve sailed with Princess twice and have another one booked. 
We’ve sailed four times with P&O and have two booked for next year. 
So that makes 9 cruises. Only another 6 to make it to Elite! 🤣

Not that we sail for the loyalty status!

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

It was more of an academic question. 
We don’t have a multisegment cruise planned at the moment. 
To date we’ve sailed with Princess twice and have another one booked. 
We’ve sailed four times with P&O and have two booked for next year. 
So that makes 9 cruises. Only another 6 to make it to Elite! 🤣

Not that we sail for the loyalty status!

Any extra benefits are worth having up your sleeves so you'll reach another 6 before you know it. Our cruises tend to be longer ones so no. of days is our target - another 14 to go, after the two upcoming cruises 🙃

• Like 2

On 10/19/2023 at 7:46 AM, Cbtours said:

When cruising returned (June 2022?) we were going to fly to Qld for a holiday, nice hotel etc. for cheaper than one week in Port Douglas Sheraton Mirage, We booked 4 B2B in a suite (when we met you for first time Sparky74 😁), 3 day, 4day, 7 day and 4 day, Out of Brisbane. This was cheaper than a week in Sheraton. It also gave us 8 cruise credits (2 for staying in suite) which took us right to elite. 

The fares for those cruises were exceptionally cheap. And 18 days on a cruise beats a week at the Port Douglas Sheraton Mirage any time as cruises include all meals and entertainment. We used to holiday in Port Douglas regularly until we discovered cruising. Not any more! 😊

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 2:22 PM, Jean C said:

We swap our minibar out for bottled water these days as we drink quite a lot of that. It saves us having to get it from the bars every night or so. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2023 at 2:35 PM, Cbtours said:

We don’t drink alcohol ourselves so we’re even cheaper 😁😁😁 we like ginger ale so usually swap to that since we can no longer get a coffee card swap.

I am happy getting our laundry done and Franks shirts are ironed better than I do so that’s a bonus. Looking fwd to sailing Sydney to NZ in March 2024 to celebrate Franks 85th Birthday! Yep I know, I’m married to a spunk 🥰🥰🥰 taken in our last cruise may 2023 😁

IMG_4244.thumb.jpeg.9f96d61128745e7df28c9b54cbf7a1d0.jpeg

He's also a sweetie! 

• Thanks 1