Unexpected Shoreside Concierge Invitation to GO Princess Lounge at Port Everglades

CalTexCruiser

21 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Unexpectedly, I received a call and email on Friday from a Princess Shoreside Concierge inviting us to the GO Princess Lounge on the day of embarkation next Tuesday because we are in a full suite.  This lounge appears to be outside of the port area, on the first floor of Princess Cruises HQ. 

Apparently, they will handle our luggage and a shuttle will take us to the terminal.  The email said "that waiting in line can be a hassle, so we want to make sure you can get onboard as quickly and smoothly as possible."  Not sure what that means. 

We don't have our medallions so wonder if the concierges in the lounge can produce those for us.

The concierge also said that we can "book any onboard experiences you may be interested in," presumably including the Sanctuary.  It'll be interesting if that's the case, as suite passengers (at least in Port Everglades) would have first dibs ahead of other passengers (except for B2B passengers). 

I have not heard of a shoreside lounge as a service for full suite passengers, but then again this will only be our third time on Princess so I may have just missed the announcement on this.

If indeed this lounge will allow full suite passengers to check in at a relaxing lounge and provide a fast lane to board it will be a great feature. 

Went this year. Was fantastic. Here’s a short video. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We will be in a suite on the Emerald out of FLL next month, and hope we get an invitation for this lounge. Prior to our cruise we will be staying at a hotel in the Dania Point area and would normally take a shuttle to the port.  Does any one know if these shuttles could drop us off at the lounge, or would a taxi/uber be better?

4 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

We will be in a suite on the Emerald out of FLL next month, and hope we get an invitation for this lounge. Prior to our cruise we will be staying at a hotel in the Dania Point area and would normally take a shuttle to the port.  Does any one know if these shuttles could drop us off at the lounge, or would a taxi/uber be better?

If you are using one of those generic shuttles that pick up at several hotels in a zone and head to the port, I wouldn't count on it,  Although, you might get a driver would detour over there after dropping everyone else off at various piers before heading back for more.  I'd say an extra nice tip would be required. 

(We never use those shuttles over getting own transportation to the pier).

Based on your location, the shuttle is going to drop anyone off at the south piers and work his way up to pier 2.  It isn't much out of the way to exit up onto 17th and drop you at the Princess office.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Guardsy said:

They do transport your luggage, but ship side you are asked to check out a special area to see that all of it is there, so it doesn't get to your suite ahead of you. 

Why?  My luggage is patient.   It has never complained about having to wait for me to arrive.

It just chats up the other young attractive suitcases.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you are using one of those generic shuttles that pick up at several hotels in a zone and head to the port, I wouldn't count on it,  Although, you might get a driver would detour over there after dropping everyone else off at various piers before heading back for more.  I'd say an extra nice tip would be required. 

(We never use those shuttles over getting own transportation to the pier).

Based on your location, the shuttle is going to drop anyone off at the south piers and work his way up to pier 2.  It isn't much out of the way to exit up onto 17th and drop you at the Princess office.

Any chance you have the address for the Princess office in FLL? 

On 10/21/2023 at 12:11 PM, SCX22 said:

The Medallion development HQ is in Fort Lauderdale near Terminal 2 and 4 (terminals Princess uses most often) of Port Everglades. The suite lounge is here and as far as I know only Port Everglades offers this service for suite guests.

image.thumb.jpeg.dffe0042ba689033b2940324e784d0f6.jpeg

Address circled in red - top right.

Darn! We are in a full suite on this same cruise. Got a call from 661-753-2050 on Friday which is a Princess # but missed the call! Tried to call back to see if the call was the invite but it sounded like a party was going on in the background so guessing I was just routed to a customer service person. Eventually just hung up after being on hold for quite so time. To top it off can’t get into my email right now! Tempted to just show up assuming the call was an invite! What’s the worst thing that can happen, right 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, Steelers36 said:

Or, it is just another dangling carrot stick.  If driving to port, guest would need to park in the garage (for example) and then get transportation over to the office - or walk if dropped off other guest and luggage first.  May not be worth it if parking at the garage.

Yes, I agree.
I probably won’t ever get to cruise in a full suite, but I don’t understand the attraction of having to make an extra stop if you park a car. It means moving your luggage twice. My least favourite part of a travel day. 

I guess if you just take an Uber or other public transportation straight there, it might be worth it. 
You also wouldn’t book the Princess transfer, unless it makes an out stop there. 

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Yes, I agree.
I probably won’t ever get to cruise in a full suite, but I don’t understand the attraction of having to make an extra stop if you park a car. It means moving your luggage twice. My least favourite part of a travel day. 

I guess if you just take an Uber or other public transportation straight there, it might be worth it. 
You also wouldn’t book the Princess transfer, unless it makes an out stop there. 

There are atleast 3 hotels within walking distance to this location. So for some of us, it is a benefit, as a couple of posters who have actually taken advantage of it have expressed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

Darn! We are in a full suite on this same cruise. Got a call from 661-753-2050 on Friday which is a Princess # but missed the call! Tried to call back to see if the call was the invite but it sounded like a party was going on in the background so guessing I was just routed to a customer service person. Eventually just hung up after being on hold for quite so time. To top it off can’t get into my email right now! Tempted to just show up assuming the call was an invite! What’s the worst thing that can happen, right 😀

In all likelihood I don’t think they would turn you away.  The concierge person I spoke to mentioned that the reason we were getting the invitation is because we are in a suite.  No other factor was mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, dog said:

There are atleast 3 hotels within walking distance to this location. So for some of us, it is a benefit, as a couple of posters who have actually taken advantage of it have expressed.

Somehow I had not considered walking with all our luggage, but of course you are right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Somehow I had not considered walking with all our luggage, but of course you are right. 

I have stayed across the street at the Renaissance several times and have paid for transportation to the very busy, crowded terminal. So, we travel light and it makes sense for us.

• Like 2

I would say that most people don't drive to the cruise terminal (my own opinion) and we would never take a Princess transfer from the airport.  We fly a day early and uber to port so this is perfect for us.  The population is small to begin with.  And if you do one of those methods to get to the terminal, you might as well just go right there.  It's not a terrible experience anymore anyway.

I will definitely take advantage of this in December and will be on the lookout for the phone call!  🙂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Yes, I agree.

As it was explained to us when we made use of the lounge, it isn't designed for those who have a suite and drive.  It is for those who have a suite and are flying in, either late the day before or same day.  Besides, there are lots of folks to move your luggage at the lounge and at the port, so...........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the GO lounge now waiting for the all clear to get on Regal, which was 3 hrs late coming in

better to wait in lounge than at the terminal due to delay in boarding

Sanctuary booking:  the concierge walks around with his phone and you inform him of dates and whether you want loungers or cabana, and shaded or not.  He sends request to ship, and 40 minutes later he told us that our Sanctuary bookings were confirmed. No drawings

medallions.  They check you in and if you don’t have medallion they give you card to use to pick up the medallions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Also not all suite guests are extended invitations 

they said it is random selection and if you are not invited don’t show up

they said they are also going to increase the size of the lounge

What !  since there's a delay and your stuck there, I want you to do some more investigating.  "random selection" what the he11 does that mean?   " not all suite guests are extended invitations"  I'm guessing mini suites are out.  Picture of the lounge ? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

In the GO lounge now waiting for the all clear to get on Regal, which was 3 hrs late coming in

Sanctuary booking:  the concierge walks around with his phone and you inform him of dates and whether you want loungers or cabana, and shaded or not.  He sends request to ship, and 40 minutes later he told us that our Sanctuary bookings were confirmed. No drawings

medallions.  They check you in and if you don’t have medallion they give you card to use to pick up the medallions

That’s so great. Enjoy the experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Thank you!!!

First hand experience is wonderful!

Any photos?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, c-boy said:

What !  since there's a delay and your stuck there, I want you to do some more investigating.  "random selection" what the he11 does that mean?   " not all suite guests are extended invitations"  I'm guessing mini suites are out.  Picture of the lounge ? 

32 minutes ago, dog said:

Thank you!!!

First hand experience is wonderful!

Any photos?

See post 26 for video

14 hours ago, dog said:

There are at least 3 hotels within walking distance to this location. So for some of us, it is a benefit, as a couple of posters who have actually taken advantage of it have expressed.

Agree.  I'd be using it for certain if I booked suites.  If for nothing else than to nail Sanctuary space and not have to be first on board race through the ship to get there.  

Thanks for the info.  I suppose when the request goes, you could request a location given past familiarity and give them a couple of ideal choices where you want to be.  Sounds like a text message is sent and not a conversation.

Also not all suite guests are extended invitations 

they said it is random selection and if you are not invited don’t show up

they said they are also going to increase the size of the lounge

That was my impression from last Spring.  I think I'd want to just drop in for a minute just to get the rep to make a Sanctuary res.  LOL.