Equinox dry dock

Cruiscs

3 hours ago, hcat said:

where do the cigar smokers hang out on Silhouette?  we'll be on board in Dec.. My husb  enjoys  his nightly cigar ( ugh)  and chatting with other cigar smokers!

I believe the smoker area is the Port side of the Sunset bar. There may be a couple other outside places, but no smoking is allowed in the inside areas of the ship.

6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I don‘t think so. Hence switched my booking to Silhouette…

In the last year we have been on both the Apex, 12 nights, and the Edge, 22 nights, and we never heard any cabin creaking noises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

In the last year we have been on both the Apex, 12 nights, and the Edge, 22 nights, and we never heard any cabin creaking noises.

The creaking was a very big issue on the Ascent when we sailed over past year.

We were told it was the sounds of the ship settling since it was brand new at the time. 

No idea if it's still occurring. 

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My original post referred to Beyond and Ascent.

10 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Other than some carpets, I'm not sure there's much more for me to get pictures of but if anybody knows anything specific they'd like to see, let me know and we'll grab pictures.

Hi There, Thxs for sharing pics. I was following your earlier quoted bid for the upgrade to Family cabin/ Ultra deluxe cabins, did you happen to sneak a peak at the 4 cabins, if the door happened to be open when being cleaned. I have put a bid in, but no-one at Celebrity CS can tell me if they were upgraded at drydock.

Thanks, and enjoy your trip

9 minutes ago, beenthereonce said:

Hi There, Thxs for sharing pics. I was following your earlier quoted bid for the upgrade to Family cabin/ Ultra deluxe cabins, did you happen to sneak a peak at the 4 cabins, if the door happened to be open when being cleaned. I have put a bid in, but no-one at Celebrity CS can tell me if they were upgraded at drydock.

Thanks, and enjoy your trip

I haven't but it's only day 2 of a 9 day cruise. 

If you know the cabin numbers, I can try to get a look.

I'm confident they were recategorized as suites but I guess that doesn't mean they were revitalized so I'll try to check.

4 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I haven't but it's only day 2 of a 9 day cruise. 

If you know the cabin numbers, I can try to get a look.

I'm confident they were recategorized as suites but I guess that doesn't mean they were revitalized so I'll try to check.

Thanks for prompt reply. Cabins are 7107, 7108, 8107 & 8108

It is confusing, On 2025 cruises they are listed as Horizon suites, on the move-up bid now, they are listed as Ultra-deluxe / Family cabins. I also saw on another site, they may not get "suite designation" because of small Balcony sizes and noise.

My TA " thinks" they were renovated

3 hours ago, beenthereonce said:

It is confusing, On 2025 cruises they are listed as Horizon suites, on the move-up bid now, they are listed as Ultra-deluxe / Family cabins. I also saw on another site, they may not get "suite designation" because of small Balcony sizes and noise.

On the November TA they are listed Horizon Suites 

IMG_7285.thumb.png.48fea45866ce5c9f8e88712684563b02.png

4 hours ago, beenthereonce said:

Celebrity website is selling them as Horizon Suites for cruises right now.  It would be pretty crappy to book one of those and wind up with the tired sad looking "family veranda" rooms that they have been up to now.  As far as the balcony is concerned, Silhouette already has these cabins as Horizon Suites so I don't think that has any validity.  The 2 on deck 8 have a slightly larger balcony and the noise from docking is "supposedly" much less on that deck.

We have one booked for early December and don't what we would do if we boarded and found them not updated........

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Hi Terry,

Have you been on the Beyond yet ?
We are booked on her in September, always appreciate your thoughts.

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Hi Terry,

Have you been on the Beyond yet ?
We are booked on her in September, always appreciate your thoughts.

Hey Mike, The only E Cass ships we have sailed on are the Apex and Edge but I think the Retreat Luminae change on the Beyond to the 15th deck is something we would like. However, with all the changes of Retreat amenities and huge price increases we are taking a break from Celebrity. We have done 6 retreat cruises post Covid but with prepaid gratuities and large OBC taken away the retreat is no longer as appealing as it once was.  Our last 3 cruises on the Apex (Sept last year) and Edge (B2B in January) were very disappointing when the butlers for Sky Suites were taken away, I know they are now back now but too late to keep my business. The 40% or more increases in Sky Suite pricing started late last year, was the final straw for us. Our next 2 cruises will be on Oceania and Holland America and if we sail again with Celebrity depends how those 2 cruises go. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Beyond.

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Hey Mike, The only E Cass ships we have sailed on are the Apex and Edge but I think the Retreat Luminae change on the Beyond to the 15th deck is something we would like. However, with all the changes of Retreat amenities and huge price increases we are taking a break from Celebrity. We have done 6 retreat cruises post Covid but with prepaid gratuities and large OBC taken away the retreat is no longer as appealing as it once was.  Our last 3 cruises on the Apex (Sept last year) and Edge (B2B in January) were very disappointing when the butlers for Sky Suites were taken away, I know they are now back now but too late to keep my business. The 40% or more increases in Sky Suite pricing started late last year, was the final straw for us. Our next 2 cruises will be on Oceania and Holland America and if we sail again with Celebrity depends how those 2 cruises go. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Beyond.

Thanks Terry,

We did a cruise on HAL Rotterdam last March , ABC islands.

It was fantastic. Hope your upcoming cruises are just as enjoyable for you.

All The Best 🍀👍🚢

On 5/18/2024 at 6:40 AM, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I was going to bid on an upgrade for one but the minimum bid is $1650 PP and the cost to upgrade from our Aqua Sky Suite is $1700 PP (+ we'd be losing the thermal spa).

If they had more realistic bid prices we'd do it.

So I think Move Up screwed up royally because they offered me a bid of $365 (CAD) on an "ultra deluxe veranda" which I'm pretty sure is supposed to be the new Horizons suites that they are also offering bids of $5,335 on simultaneously.  Are they not the same cabin?  Here's a photo of my $365 bid.

Screenshot 2024-06-08 135046.png

22 minutes ago, desibee said:

So I think Move Up screwed up royally because they offered me a bid of $365 (CAD) on an "ultra deluxe veranda" which I'm pretty sure is supposed to be the new Horizons suites that they are also offering bids of $5,335 on simultaneously.  Are they not the same cabin?  Here's a photo of my $365 bid.

Screenshot 2024-06-08 135046.png

I'm not sure what that cabin is, but Horizon is the new name of the suite (previously it was Family Suite).

1 minute ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I'm not sure what that cabin is, but Horizon is the new name of the suite (previously it was Family Suite).

The only 2 bedroom forward facing cabins are the Horizon suites.  That's why I said Move Up made a whoopsie doodle by offering the Ultra Deluxe Veranda Staterooms that the Horizon suites used to be for a vastly different bidding point.

6 minutes ago, desibee said:

The only 2 bedroom forward facing cabins are the Horizon suites.  That's why I said Move Up made a whoopsie doodle by offering the Ultra Deluxe Veranda Staterooms that the Horizon suites used to be for a vastly different bidding point.

Gotcha, I agree that you're right about things.

I doubt anybody wins the bid for them at that price but maybe you get lucky!

• 1 month later...

Hey y'all,

I'm torn on whether I should even share this as I don't want it to come across as self-promotion, but we posted a video to our YouTube channel that shows the changes up on the Lawn Club at the aft of the ship for any of you interested in seeing more than just the pictures.

I'm linking directly to where we walk around this area of the ship so you can skip everything else - but if you're interested to see what changed, this will give you a good look as we do a full walkaround so you can see all of it.

I hope you're all doing well...happy sails and safe travels wherever you may be headed next!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

the changes up on the Lawn Club at the aft of the ship

Thank you for sharing the video.  Interestingly this video represents VERY sparse distribution of furniture in the newly-decked-over, formerly grassy areas of the lawn club on board Equinox.  In sharp contrast, my recollection of our recent Silhouette sailing features a much greater abundance of furniture in these areas.

6 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Thank you for sharing the video.  Interestingly this video represents VERY sparse distribution of furniture in the newly-decked-over, formerly grassy areas of the lawn club on board Equinox.  In sharp contrast, my recollection of our recent Silhouette sailing features a much greater abundance of furniture in these areas.

I would agree with that, there is definitely room for more seating than what they have available. 

I shot this video around 3pm on embarkation day (doors closed at 3pm, sail away was at 5pm) and this was about as crowded as I ever saw it, but I would imagine when they return to the Caribbean, they are going to need to add more seating to accommodate everybody. 

4 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Hey y'all,

I'm torn on whether I should even share this as I don't want it to come across as self-promotion, but we posted a video to our YouTube channel that shows the changes up on the Lawn Club at the aft of the ship for any of you interested in seeing more than just the pictures.

I'm linking directly to where we walk around this area of the ship so you can skip everything else - but if you're interested to see what changed, this will give you a good look as we do a full walkaround so you can see all of it.

I hope you're all doing well...happy sails and safe travels wherever you may be headed next!

Too bad they didn't finish the Retreat Sun deck that only got partially done in 2019.

• Like 1

Just now, terrydtx said:

Too bad they didn't finish the Retreat Sun deck that only got partially done in 2019.

That really was a big disappointment...I was hopeful they were going to. 

I understand not being able to add a pool, but they should be able to add a hot tub and bar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

That really was a big disappointment...I was hopeful they were going to. 

I understand not being able to add a pool, but they should be able to add a hot tub and bar. 

While on the Equinox last year in the Retreat I was told by the Retreat Manager that Celebrity has no plans to finish the sun deck anytime in the future. They have crew members who will get drinks and bring them to you, but by the time I got mine the ice had melted, and the drinks were watered down and warm.. 

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

While on the Equinox last year in the Retreat I was told by the Retreat Manager that Celebrity has no plans to finish the sun deck anytime in the future. They have crew members who will get drinks and bring them to you, but by the time I got mine the ice had melted, and the drinks were watered down and warm.. 

At one point we went to the Retreat Lounge to talk with the Retreat Concierge (they didn't answer their phone) and I was told they were up on the Retreat Sundeck.

We try not to use the elevators so I climbed 9 flights of stairs and when I got up there, they told me they had gone back down to the Lounge 🤦‍♂️

We had an incredible cruise on the Equinox, but I wouldn't pay for the Retreat on that class of ship again...Blu was a much nicer restaurant than Luminae and the Retreat Lounge was barely used by anybody so we'd rather just do Aqua-class.

We are in the Retreat on the Apex in November... Hoping that will be a better Retreat experience. 

We love Celebrity either way, we just won't pay for the Retreat again if it's not a big step up on the Edge-class ships. 

• Like 1