Celebrity 2 Wine Bottles... In cabin or dinner only?

adsjayhawk

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It's possible that the poster you were addressing is expressing concerns or experiences on some of the smaller lines on which they typically cruise?  I don't know.  But I do know the policies both with carrying the wine on board and with then consuming it on board with Celebrity, which is the line of concern with the OP and his post. 

And as pointed out several times by you, me, and others, there is no corkage fee assessed for bringing it on board or consuming it on board outside of bars and dining venues, where if you bring the bottle, they can assess the fee.  Consuming it anywhere else in a glass is fine - and in our experience that includes the dining venues. 

I do it all the time and never had an issue although I enjoy taking the bottles they gift me to the MDR.  I once had a table mate ask me if he could try my wine. 😆 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It's possible that the poster you were addressing is expressing concerns or experiences on some of the smaller lines on which they typically cruise?  I don't know.  But I do know the policies both with carrying the wine on board and with then consuming it on board with Celebrity, which is the line of concern with the OP and his post. 

Agree. Since this a Celebrity forum. I thought the same thing when I read @Flatbush Flyer post #7 saying "... is a violation of most cruise lines’ alcohol policy".

On 10/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, Woody14 said:

it is not so much consumed in a bar or dining venue it is getting them to open it when the corkage fee is charged.    I would go to a bar get a wine glass (cabin steward can also get) open my wine in my cabin pour a glass and walk around with it, take it to dinner, sit a bar et all.  No charge for that.

That's what we do. Works great. Just make yourself a generous pour for dinner and you have the equivalent of two glasses for the meal!

We usually have wine glasses in the cabin already when we arrive but if not, simply have the cabin steward bring you some.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:43 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Understood.  I was, as you suggest, referring to taking the full / unopened bottle to the venues.  That being said, although we are not big wine drinkers, in the past when we have taken a bottle with us they have not enforced the corkage fee policy.  But this has not been recently.

It used to be pretty customary that they didn't charge the corkage fee but I've also heard that lately they are enforcing it. Perhaps due to trying to make up for the Covid debt. So just to be on the safe side, we bring our glass of wine with us to dinner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I always get 2 fairly pricey bottles  of red cab in my cabin on embarkation day along with a card and those bottles are taken to dinner. The 1 bottle I bring onboard I drink in the cabin or take a glass to lunch. 

I drink cheap wine.

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I always get 2 fairly pricey bottles  of red cab in my cabin on embarkation day along with a card and those bottles are taken to dinner. The 1 bottle I bring onboard I drink in the cabin or take a glass to lunch. 

I think I have said it before, I need to make friends with your TA or whomever is supplying you with those nice bottles of red you always seem to find in your stateroom  🙂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think I have said it before, I need to make friends with your TA or whomever is supplying you with those nice bottles of red you always seem to find in your stateroom  🙂 

Our TA has gifted us wine but never two bottles. Not sure it's "pricey" either...

6 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Our TA has gifted us wine but never two bottles. Not sure it's "pricey" either...

It comes directly from Celebrity shoreside. The card said Caymus and one other great cab can't recall the name but they substituted caymus with another bottle so when I called they sent me a freemark abbey and told me to keep all 3. I did offer to exchange one but they said no need.  

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

He's a Celebrity vacation planner based in Miami hopefully still around as I read of some layoffs

• Like 1