Table for 2, First Sitting

FlaMariner

I'm going to go a bit off topic as the OP has already gotten great answers.  My thought is that DIA cruisers should get anything they darn well please in terms of dinner table assignments. I was particularly pleased that a 'long haul' solo on Pride this summer to the UK/Iceland and whatever else he was doing was always at the same table for 2 (one, in his case) by the window every single evening. And every evening one of our 3-4 hostesses would stop and chat with him for 2-3 minutes. True customer service. He had earned it.

We ourselves as mere Plats ~ but doing 21 days B2B ~ were able to easily maintain the same waitstaff and the same handful of tables throughout our cruise. After maybe 4-5 days, the HUB app caught on. But before then the friendly hostesses would smile, acknowledge us, and make a quick change on her I-Pad, if needed.

It was a little interesting as we embarked for leg #2 as that was 9/1; precisely the day the waiters moved their duty assignments after 60 days. Obviously, HUB couldn't manage the reassignment seamlessly but one of our Asst. Waiters noticed us walking in that first night, quickly went to the hostess stand, and said 'Put Mr./Mrs. jsglow at Table 342.' We sat at that same table, or one other, for the balance of our time onboard.

I'm not so much about trinkets given away at Pixels. But I am all about that 500 day solo cruiser or couple being given the respect they've earned through the years. 'Their table' and a personal relationship with the dining room team and hostess staff makes things so very comfortable and enjoyable.

Enjoy your next cruise!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Upon embarkation, go to the MDR and ask for a table for two.  If you have first seating, you will always have the same table for dinner. 

Thank You....Can do.

Not excited about the 6" spread but will tolerate.

(The table for two, first sitting is the way we roll on Holland America Line (and not 6" apart) but we had a "one and done" cruise on Princess where we had to beg and plead every evening for the same table for two w/the same waitstaff....glad to know Carnival will allow!)

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Thank You....Can do.

Not excited about the 6" spread but will tolerate.

That’s not always the case. My daughter recently went on her first cruise in a decade (she was a new Gold card, her boyfriend was Blue) and they had first seating in the MDR. They didn't ask for any special arrangements, and they got a 4-top to themselves right by the window.

Sometimes it's just luck. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

That’s not always the case. My daughter recently went on her first cruise in a decade (she was a new Gold card, her boyfriend was Blue) and they had first seating in the MDR. They didn't ask for any special arrangements, and they got a 4-top to themselves right by the window.

Good to know.....

Do you recall how Carnival knew they wanted a table for two when assigning tables?

Our TA put us down for early sitting but table type (for two) was not listed.

Just now, FlaMariner said:

Good to know.....

Do you recall how Carnival knew they wanted a table for two when assigning tables?

Carnival didn't know. It was luck of the draw, I assume. 

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Good to know.....

Sometimes it is due to the others assigned to the table not showing up.  I have had an 8 top by the window to myself as a solo for assigned dining.  

I have found tables for 2 being every close together depends on the age of the ship. Older ship have the table closer together versus newer ones. We have had table where they are VERY close together and other not. We're Platinum and when it's just hubby and I, we always try to get a table for two. We so far haven't had a problem doing that. 

• Like 1