Guest Relations Call - Offer of Room Changes

Bfsroyal

Today my other half had two missed calls from Royal for our Enchantment of the Seas sailing leaving 6th November from Athens. He rang back and so Royal are trying to free up some rooms for the sailing - presumably due to overbooking - maybe for other reasons.

We are a party of 6 in 3 interiors (around 145sq ft) - not connecting - but near each other. They were looking to see if we would be willing to move to 2 junior suites (245 sq ft) with a refund of one room. It wasn’t quite right for us.

Anyone else had these calls and was there any unwanted surprises come boarding as presumably they are trying to find additional capacity.

22 minutes ago, Bfsroyal said:

Today my other half had two missed calls from Royal for our Enchantment of the Seas sailing leaving 6th November from Athens. He rang back and so Royal are trying to free up some rooms for the sailing - presumably due to overbooking - maybe for other reasons.

We are a party of 6 in 3 interiors (around 145sq ft) - not connecting - but near each other. They were looking to see if we would be willing to move to 2 junior suites (245 sq ft) with a refund of one room. It wasn’t quite right for us.

Anyone else had these calls and was there any unwanted surprises come boarding as presumably they are trying to find additional capacity.

Yep, it happens.  Oversold ship.  Sold too many guarantees. 

Happened to us a few years back on Allure.  They were great.  Went from 2 rooms to one, full refund on both cabins and they moved the obc from both cabins to the one new one.

In reality it was great as my mom was with is solo so my daughter stayed in her cabin leaving 3 in the cabin instead of 4.

• Like 3