Queen Anne

Minnie29

The one at the stern on QA is the Panorama Pool Club on 9 --- never saw a plaque or bell tho'.
Cabaña Bar is above the aft pool on 11.

The middle Pool is the Pavillion on 9 (with the big screen) 
and the Wellness Cafe is above the Pavilion Pool (aft end of it) on 10

Sky Bar is at the front - high deck - cannot recall --- 14? and access only by A lifts/stairs (as is the Comm Club on 12)
plus also up there is the Observation deck and games deck (and the seated smokers lounge area left side, forward)

Grills outdoor Terrace with the 2 hot tub pools on deck 11 (via B stairs/lifts) no code needed to gain entry.
Or the other entry is by the 2 deck side doors (what was the ''free for all walkthrough'') is now gained by key code entry pads....

If you want to go for a swim in either pool from the Grills Terrace it's a bit of a trek and a right faff TBH.
You either walk back aft on 11 and descend by steep stairs down 2 decks to the aft pool, or easier to walk back aft to the Cabana Bar, go through the sliding door straight to the C Lift/stairs and go down to deck 9 for the Panorama Pool.
However you need a cover up/ or put a big towel over you....

To get to the the middle Pavillion Pool from Grills Terrace you go down in the B Lift/stairs to 9 and walk forward on the left side only - again you really need to cover up....
Its all very confusing and was not my cuppa tea.

Edited by rog747

If anyone is wondering what the sea movement of the ship is like I would say it's very minimal.

I was in a PG cabin (they are not Suites, but really an enlarged/elongated Balcony cabin, all quite nice though) on Deck 4 midships close to B lifts and the launderette (handy) and felt almost nothing, hardly any ship movement at all.

We had sublime calm and balmy Bay of Biscay transits both ways - the sea was almost like oil so we were very looked upon most favourably by the weather and sea Gods, Zeus, Poseidon and Trident! 

We did hit a strong/severe gale B8-9 (due to The Mistral winds) during the morning after Barcelona en-route to Italy at maximum knots (maybe 23?)
The sea state was wild and deck 4 balconies were really getting the sea & spray but the only ship's movement was a forward pitching (up & down) motion - most notably forward and more low down you were.
I went to the Spa on 1 & 2 forward and it was quite a pitch but not that bad.

We had another rough sea state, the passage I think passing Corsica, The Strait of Bonifacio, 
- again forward pitching up and down, only in the more forward in the ship you were.

QA does seem quite a steady ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rog747 said:

If anyone is wondering what the sea movement of the ship is like I would say it's very minimal.

I was in a PG cabin (they are not Suites, but really an enlarged/elongated Balcony cabin, all quite nice though) on Deck 4 midships close to B lifts and the launderette (handy) and felt almost nothing, hardly any ship movement at all.

We had sublime calm and balmy Bay of Biscay transits both ways - the sea was almost like oil so we were very looked upon most favourably by the weather and sea Gods, Zeus, Poseidon and Trident! 

We did hit a strong/severe gale B8-9 (due to The Mistral winds) during the morning after Barcelona en-route to Italy at maximum knots (maybe 23?)
The sea state was wild and deck 4 balconies were really getting the sea & spray but the only ship's movement was a forward pitching (up & down) motion - most notably forward and more low down you were.
I went to the Spa on 1 & 2 forward and it was quite a pitch but not that bad.

We had another rough sea state, the passage I think passing Corsica, The Strait of Bonifacio, 
- again forward pitching up and down, only in the more forward in the ship you were.

QA does seem quite a steady ship.

That was my impression, but she wasn’t really tested when we were aboard, so it is good to hear. Incidentally, in the interests of accurate demarcation, (😀), Zeus wasn’t really a sea god. He did have an input into storms, but as a sky god. I think if you want another one you might include Nereus, and all his gorgeously named daughters of course, though I’m not sure they did storms. They would be great names for a series of Cunard ships though.
Sorry, everyone.

• Like 4

Just now, exlondoner said:

That was my impression, but she wasn’t really tested when we were aboard, so it is good to hear. Incidentally, in the interests of accurate demarcation, (😀), Zeus wasn’t really a sea god. He did have an input into storms, but as a sky god. I think if you want another one you might include Nereus, and all his gorgeously named daughters of course, though I’m not sure they did storms. They would be great names for a series of Cunard ships though.
Sorry, everyone.

I'm afraid Greek (and Roman) Mythology was not ever my strongest - but cheers for the info, very much appreciated. 
I think maybe those fabulous names could be very suited to the days of the old Chandris and Epirotiki LInes ships (and Swan Hellenic) ? LOL 

Yes we saw QA def put on a burst of top speed from Barcelona for a sea day, plus through the strong Gale, and also on the way back home from GIB.
She was fast and very stable.
We as you know, lost a Pod soon after leaving UK waters and so had to sojourn our way at 15-16 knots on one Pod to Barcelona missing Cadiz...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rog747 said:

I'm afraid Greek (and Roman) Mythology was not ever my strongest - but cheers for the info, very much appreciated. 
I think maybe those fabulous names could be very suited to the days of the old Chandris and Epirotiki LInes ships (and Swan Hellenic) ? LOL 

Yes we saw QA def put on a burst of top speed from Barcelona for a sea day, plus through the strong Gale, and also on the way back home from GIB.
She was fast and very stable.
We as you know, lost a Pod soon after leaving UK waters and so had to sojourn our way at 15-16 knots on one Pod to Barcelona missing Cadiz...

I think a pair of sisters called Cymodoce and Cymothoe would be enchanting, though very confusing. But so much more romantic than QV and QE.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Sorry, everyone.

There are some names for any new Cunard ship??!!

On 8/13/2024 at 7:58 AM, exlondoner said:

Has anyone found a ship’s bell on QA?

Yes! It's on a sort of hook at the bow. I discovered it when I was looking at my QA photos. Rather than stand around outside for hours, I watched the naming from the sofa in my stateroom,  sustained by my bottle of Cunard prosecco and some nibbles from the buffet.  This is a shot of the TV showing the bottle at its target. 

IMG_20240604_132946360.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes! It's on a sort of hook at the bow. I discovered it when I was looking at my QA photos. Rather than stand around outside for hours, I watched the naming from the sofa in my stateroom,  sustained by my bottle of Cunard prosecco and some nibbles from the buffet.  This is a shot of the TV showing the bottle at its target. 

IMG_20240604_132946360.jpg

So would it be visible in normal circumstances?

59 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

So would it be visible in normal circumstances?

Perhaps not, perhaps only for ceremonial occasions. This was taken on a sea day. I enlarged it a little and added the line to show where the hook is. But no bell in this photo.

IMG_20240527_131310562_HDRa.jpg

19 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Perhaps not, perhaps only for ceremonial occasions. This was taken on a sea day. I enlarged it a little and added the line to show where the hook is. But no bell in this photo.

IMG_20240527_131310562_HDRa.jpg

Thank you very much. I do hope they haven’t lost it. Perhaps someone who is on board can ask some time.

If the Fincantieri plaque is on the wall of the Pavilion Club behind / above the stage, does anyone know where the ships bell is located ? Have seen both on the other 3 Queens so would like to locate on Anne when we go onboard later this year. Thank you 

1 minute ago, watsonbeau said:

If the Fincantieri plaque is on the wall of the Pavilion Club behind / above the stage, does anyone know where the ships bell is located ? Have seen both on the other 3 Queens so would like to locate on Anne when we go onboard later this year. Thank you 

I corrected my original post the plaque is in the Panorama Club same place. Don’t remember seeing the bell anywhere. 

34 minutes ago, watsonbeau said:

See posts 709 and 711 above. The bell made an appearance for the naming day and then disappeared.