Reduction in drinks package

Irish clare

On 10/26/2023 at 9:05 PM, Softball20 said:

Keep it also covers specialty coffees, non-alcoholic frozen/specialty drinks, sodas and bottled water. So even if you're not particularly big drinkers - at the price per drink, about 6 - 8 is the break even, there's a lot of other options to chose from and sooooo convenient not to have to sign for a drink each time. 

San Pellegríno too?

When we booked all inclusive, our TA got them to sell just me the upgrade to the premium non-alcoholic package for about this price and left the husband with just the classic package. I can’t drink so upgrading both of hasn’t been worth it.  But I could cancel that and upgrade us both for to Premium alcoholic at roughly the same cost, as long as my beloved San Pelligrino is covered 😀

34 minutes ago, sr4mjc said:

San Pellegríno too?

When we booked all inclusive, our TA got them to sell just me the upgrade to the premium non-alcoholic package for about this price and left the husband with just the classic package. I can’t drink so upgrading both of hasn’t been worth it.  But I could cancel that and upgrade us both for to Premium alcoholic at roughly the same cost, as long as my beloved San Pelligrino is covered 😀

It is,,

6 hours ago, sr4mjc said:

San Pellegríno too?

There is no Premium NON-alcohol package so assuming you meant alcohol.  Their non-alcohol package is called Zero Proof.

Yes the Premium (alcohol) package includes San Pelligrino. It increases the 'up to' limit for alcohol drinks but also adds in the Zero Proof package items.  This is more often the reason I upgrade since it isn't in the Classic.

Straight from the Celebrity site description when you go to order the Premium package, this is the last bullet of included items

• Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

Edited by poffles

15 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

I find it interesting that the per day price of the upgrade varies on different cruises.  Some it’s $20, some 18.99, etc.  It is not a consistent price per day across the fleet or cruises.  I finally went with the $53% off of the going rate.  Figure I can always cancel and repurchase if there is a better Black Friday deal.

It is even more interesting that it isn't even the same price within a day.  Recent days my cost (as others have also witnessed) has gone from 12.99 in the morning to 8.99 in the afternoon and that was over serveral days and think it's still happening.  Before this last week it has never changed from the 18.99.  Have yet to ever see the 6.99 others have seen but 8.99 is a win.

Mine sits at 8.99 as I write this.  Interesting algorith. 🙂 

Edited by poffles

On 10/25/2023 at 12:47 AM, Blueseas109 said:

R

Classic to Premium Drink Package Upgrade

From
+ $9.99 $15.00/ per guest per day
(33.33% OFF)PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS

Thanks for the heads up. I've just upgraded for the Ascent next July for £6.96 pe day.

Screenshot_20231028_180106_Celebrity.jpg

2 hours ago, poffles said:

It is even more interesting that it isn't even the same price within a day.  Recent days my cost (as others have also witnessed) has gone from 12.99 in the morning to 8.99 in the afternoon and that was over serveral days and think it's still happening.  Before this last week it has never changed from the 18.99.  Have yet to ever see the 6.99 others have seen but 8.99 is a win.

Mine sits at 8.99 as I write this.  Interesting algorith. 🙂 

I am looking at 2 upcoming cruises.  My 2024 10 night upgrade is $6.99 (53% off) or $15 on board.  My 2023 8 night upgrade is $8.99 (53% off) or $20 on board. Plus, of course, the addd gratuity.

I read the fine print on cabin pricing on an upcoming cruise.  It said sale promotion pricing may not display if pop up/ad blockers are on.  Could the same be true with the drink upgrade pricing?

Edited by 81Zoomie

10 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I am looking at 2 upcoming cruises.  My 2024 10 night upgrade is $6.99 (53% off) or $15 on board.  My 2023 8 night upgrade is $8.99 (53% off) or $20 on board. Plus, of course, the addd gratuity.

I read the fine print on cabin pricing on an upcoming cruise.  It said sale promotion pricing may not display if pop up/ad blockers are on.  Could the same be true with the drink upgrade pricing?

No not for what I am seeing.  The price is not presented as a popup so would not be in play.  It's just Celebrity 'fun'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

New to cruising and Celebrity. I just purchased the advertised Black Friday reduced price Classic Drinks Package for AUD$74.08. I was expecting that the 20% service charge would be added at checkout, but it wasn't. Does that mean that it's already included or am I going to be hit on board with a service charge? 

Also, a trivial question, I apologise! I know it's a bit petty, and it's not the primary reason for buying the package, but if we have a pre-purchased drinks package, do we have to sign a receipt for every drink as we receive it? It would kind of dampen my fun if I have to sign a chit every time we get a drink!

Edited by maggielou362
add

48 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

Hi All, 

New to cruising and Celebrity. I just purchased the advertised Black Friday reduced price Classic Drinks Package for AUD$74.08. I was expecting that the 20% service charge would be added at checkout, but it wasn't. Does that mean that it's already included or am I going to be hit on board with a service charge? 

Also, a trivial question, I apologise! I know it's a bit petty, and it's not the primary reason for buying the package, but if we have a pre-purchased drinks package, do we have to sign a receipt for every drink as we receive it? It would kind of dampen my fun if I have to sign a chit every time we get a drink!

I think that Australian and British laws dictate that the price listed has to include gratuities, so you shouldn’t be charged the extra grats onboard. 
The only time you’ll need to sign a chit onboard is if you order a drink that costs above what your classic package covers. Ex: martinis at the martini bar

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Interesting topic. I had booked Hawaii to Sydney 17 days Oct 2024

Looking at the drinks packages but do I want to be doing that for 17 days? How are you being notified of the changes in prices for the packages or is it just luck that you are regularly checking? 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

16 minutes ago, Cruiserkingman said:

Interesting topic. I had booked Hawaii to Sydney 17 days Oct 2024

Looking at the drinks packages but do I want to be doing that for 17 days? How are you being notified of the changes in prices for the packages or is it just luck that you are regularly checking? 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

For me it's been watching closely, seeing someone share here that there is a sale, logging in regularly online to look if prices have changed, take note if Celebrity is promoting a sale, anticipating milestone sales like Black Friday and watching closer at these times.  I've never received an email specifically pointing out a drinks sale (that I recall) and if I have it's definitely not something I would rely on or you will surely miss one.

My wife doesn't drink alcohol and I can't book a drinks package for 1 person in advance of a sailing. Does anyone know if, once on board, I can book a drinks package for a single person? Thanks.

6 hours ago, paddystewart said:

My wife doesn't drink alcohol and I can't book a drinks package for 1 person in advance of a sailing. Does anyone know if, once on board, I can book a drinks package for a single person? Thanks.

You can book a drink package if you book your wife a non-alcohol package.  You just have to phone Celebrity as it cannot be done on-line. 

We have the Premium Package. 
What are the best red and white wines available with this package to order on the Celebrity Ascent ? 

Thanks in advance for any information .