Reduction in drinks package

Irish clare

8 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Gratuities. 18% US I’m thinking. 

Nah, now both screens say $13.69.  Must have just missed the flash sale that put it at $9.59 and they were in the process of changing it.

Oh well.  Black Friday is coming.  I can wait.

It has gone back up again in my planner too.  

Originally - 5% off

Yesterday - 15% off (what I first paid then cancelled.)

This morning - 53.3% off (what I actually paid)

This afternoon - 33.33% off.

Fat fingers in the IT department?  🤷‍♂️

image.png.56758546b43cde3cea54f629a95b7ee9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’ll this is good news from Celebrity and whatever the reason they are to be applauded for bringing the upgrade to an affordable price.

we have just upgraded 2 of 3 B2 B2 B cruises as the upgrade is £9.87/day. This was double that price only a few days ago. For some reason our middle sailing is still >£14/day so we’ve left that at Classic.

A big thanks to the OP for highlighting the price drop.

Now if food improves we’ll be on these cruises.

14 hours ago, peterde said:

I’m happy that I finally got a discount on my drink package upgrade, I have been waiting all year for it. Call me cynical but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are getting ready for a third tier of drink packages. I hope I’m wrong. 

I would be surprised if they added the complication of a third tier. If anything, I would suspect they bring the beverage package more in line with RCI and reduce it to just one.

• Like 2

Drink package upgrade is now $9.99 (plus gratuities) as of this morning.

Oops, just checked (11:17 Eastern Time), and it is back to $6.99 (plus gratuities).

I wonder if they are trying to make the Standard and Premium packages closer is cost.  The difference is now $12 (plus gratuities).

I hope they don't change the max. limits on the Premium package.

We got 33% this morning when saw fb post as was shocked as it a TA on edge class ship with 10 sea days. Never seen more than 5% in UK but see it was over 50% off last night so interesting how quickly it changed. £118pp each for 12 night cruise is bargain and happy with that.

For those who missed out keep checking! 

Booked upgrade yesterday for 9.69 CDN

Regular price 20.54 (although a few weeks ago was around $26) 

This morning was up to 13.69

Now back down to 9.65

Not sure what is going on lol but take advantage if you can!!

Keep it also covers specialty coffees, non-alcoholic frozen/specialty drinks, sodas and bottled water. So even if you're not particularly big drinkers - at the price per drink, about 6 - 8 is the break even, there's a lot of other options to chose from and sooooo convenient not to have to sign for a drink each time. 

On 10/26/2023 at 7:14 PM, Rustyman said:

We’ll this is good news from Celebrity and whatever the reason they are to be applauded for bringing the upgrade to an affordable price.

we have just upgraded 2 of 3 B2 B2 B cruises as the upgrade is £9.87/day. This was double that price only a few days ago. For some reason our middle sailing is still >£14/day so we’ve left that at Classic.

A big thanks to the OP for highlighting the price drop.

Now if food improves we’ll be on these cruises.

• Checked the price again today and daily upgrade cost down to £6.96 so cancelled the £9.87 and rebooked at the lower price. How low can we go?

I find it interesting that the per day price of the upgrade varies on different cruises.  Some it’s $20, some 18.99, etc.  It is not a consistent price per day across the fleet or cruises.  I finally went with the $53% off of the going rate.  Figure I can always cancel and repurchase if there is a better Black Friday deal.