Queen Victoria, first time Cunard cruiser with so many questions please?

seafarer68

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Jackets are a MUST on Gala nights in most areas.

Probably 80% of men wear jackets every night.

And while the restaurants are sometimes rather warm, on other occasions they can be quite cool, so people are glad of a jacket.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seafarer68 said:

We are just looking at the deck plans.... do I understand correctly...decks are numbered as decks accessible for passengers and not literally at the bottom if the ship?

There are decks below the ones used by passengers. Sometimes you pass through one, while boarding a tender.

3 hours ago, seafarer68 said:

My husband surprised me with a bucket list cruise on Monday (leaving Friday) as a birthday present...only to have the cruise cancelled due to the Israel/Gaza conflict. He is desperately searching for an alternative cruise now  and think he might have found one,another bucket list cruise.... 12 November 2023 Northern lights  Queen Victoria...

Has anyone done this cruise?

Does Cunard also give you a month's grace to celebrate your birthday on board?

Have you checked availability yet? According to Cunard’s website this cruise is looking just about full with maybe the odd cabin not taken. 

4 hours ago, david63 said:

Not sure where you are seeing that as it says:

"Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date."

One thing that I noticed in there which I don't recall seeing before is that shareholder OBC cannot be used for paying gratuities!

I noticed that I definitely used mine in September but obviously going forward may not be able to. Going onboard in 3 weeks so will be interesting to check. Daughter rebought her shares and has the OBC applied within 4 weeks to sail but over 3. Application was turned round in less than 24 hours. 

• Like 1