Quick review: 2 weeks on QE in the med, in a Q2 Suite

s.s.France

47 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Here is another thing for people to contemplate. How do they deal with a passenger who turns up at Soton with a UK passport for a cruise to six EU ports, having spent 89 days in the EU in the last four months? Is s/he allowed to board?

On the basis that I have never known of any detailed checking of passports when embarking from Southampton then I suspect the answer will be yes for the next year or so until the EU ETIAS is up and running which at the current rate of progress will be sometime never!

Equally all cruise lines make it incumbent on the passenger to have the correct visas for the countries being visited.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, david63 said:

On the basis that I have never known of any detailed checking of passports when embarking from Southampton then I suspect the answer will be yes for the next year or so until the EU ETIAS is up and running which at the current rate of progress will be sometime never!

Equally all cruise lines make it incumbent on the passenger to have the correct visas for the countries being visited.

I suspect they may check more carefully for sailings going to the US.

At the moment UK people don’t need a visa or anything for the EU, just not to have been there for too long too recently, if someone is counting.

7 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

...Do they give you a bill for the bottles in QG suites, too?? Hope not...

The cabin allowance in QG is two bottles which are replaced when empty .although if you really get on with your butler [we do], the empty/ nearly empty can be almost not nearly empty.🙂

If we have a bit of a cabin do, then we pay for the extra bottles. Some folk bring bottles onboard for such an occasion but we can't be bothered and pay the chargeable price so the only charge for in cabin drinks in QG is if you order over and above the two bottle allowance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Thanks very much for the great review. Did you happen to check the spa day pass price onboard? Just wondering if it's cheaper to buy spa day pass before embarkation or once onboard for the whole voyage? Thanks

Sorry, I didnt check the spa pass. I missed out on the spa completely this voyage.

1 hour ago, s.s.France said:

Sorry, I didnt check the spa pass. I missed out on the spa completely this voyage.

Thanks very much for responding. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Also happy to hear about the fast internet. We're on QE to Alaska next summer. Would hate to have spotty internet with the pricey package.

Thanks for this great review. We did the same itinerary last year in the same suite. Agree on all your comments regarding the suite, especially the lack of a second WC. Internet was slow last year, so good to hear that it has improved so significantly. 

19 minutes ago, fabnfortysomething said:

just as a note we have jsut got off sister shio Victoria

they ere selling day passes to spa $ 49 per day or  149 per 7 daycruise

Thanks very much for sharing. Would you remember if that's cheaper than if buying online before embarkation? Our cruise is 10 days. Also is the pass for the whole day or 2 hours? Thanks!

11 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Thanks very much for sharing. Would you remember if that's cheaper than if buying online before embarkation? Our cruise is 10 days. Also is the pass for the whole day or 2 hours? Thanks!

Hi

im not sure what price is online but I went straight to spa on embarkation day

I was shown around spa which looked lovely and was going to pay $149 for cruise length

however I was upsold to include 100 minute massage for $189 which I thoroughly enjoyed 

worth checking out if running special offers on board

The pass is valid for 9am to 9pm with no restrictions on time

however even though they are supposed to limit passes sold per day to 40 if everyone turns up at same time as is likely on a bad weather sea day you can struggle to find a lounger

• Thanks 1