MDR Name(s) on Epic?

WoodstockGirl

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We always eat at the Manhattan Room which [used to] have live music nightly. 

We were on the Epic last week, and there is still nightly live entertainment in the Manhattan Room - very enjoyable 

7 hours ago, WoodstockGirl said:

How many MDRs are there on the Epic, and what are their names?  Are you of the opinion that one is as good as another?

WG

There are 2 MDR's on the Epic. One is Taste and the other is the Manhattan Room. The Manhattan room has a band that plays from around 6:30 to 8pm and a dance floor. There is also a dress code for the Manhattan Room which is smart  casual. Shorts are not allowed in the Manhattan Room where as you can were shorts in Taste.

Been on the Epic 5 or 6 times and they did follow this rule. When we were on the Breakaway they did allow shorts in the Manhattan Dining room.

All that being said, we have 6 cruises on the Epic booked and booked the Manhattan dining room for dinner when not in specialty restaurants.

Avoid the Manhattan Room if you want to be able to have a conversation or think or be able to hear. When the music is playing, it’s so loud you can barely hear the waiter or other people at your table. After one dinner there we avoided it again.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

Avoid the Manhattan Room if you want to be able to have a conversation or think or be able to hear. When the music is playing, it’s so loud you can barely hear the waiter or other people at your table. After one dinner there we avoided it again.

I completely agree with you.   I understand that it's fashioned after a dinner club, but I don't want to dance or hear loud music during dinner.  I want to have a conversation with my dinner companions.  I don't recall them having music every night, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

We are just the opposite, we love the music playing at dinner it gives it a more sophisticated feel than the Taste dining room. It is something we do not get at home. It is just the two of us so no need for us to converse the whole time. We enjoy listening to the music while we eat. I guess everyone is different but then again, we still dress for dinner where most don't.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

15 hours ago, WoodstockGirl said:

How many MDRs are there on the Epic, and what are their names?  Are you of the opinion that one is as good as another?

WG

Hello WoodstockGirl, sorry to jump in on this roll call but I noticed you had posted a comment about your stay on the Sky Princess Cabin E515. I just have a few questions about this cabin. Would you be able to email me at steven.g.sullivan@gmail.com please?

Thanks,
Steve

4 hours ago, jules181 said:

To each their own. But I think Taste on the Epic is the classiest 'non-manhattan room' dining room in the NCL fleet. 

It attracts a lot of the families with small children. While we adore our grandkids, we go on cruises to get away from that chaos.  

• Like 2