Favorite carnival cabin location?

havanadaydreaming

On 10/31/2023 at 11:07 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

Anyone have a favorite place to call home on CCL? 

I used to be a big highest deck available dude, balcony only.  Preferably midship but really didnt care too much.

As long as I'm on board cruising I'm open to any location. Floor is no big deal but, I like my midship slightly towards the front location. And this includes inside cabins. I know many avoid being close to the elevators but, I like it for convenience and easy access to the Cloud 9 Spa. Just sailed the Celebration last week cant wait to go back had no noise issues with noise from the stairs/elevators. At least on Carnival I like to go large and newer. The smaller older ships have had cabin A/C problems, issues.

Now i think im very partial to oceanview deck 3, right by lobby bar.  Location, location, location. 

Admittedly a pretty cost effective option. Still get natural light. Room pretty spacious for 2 of us.  

I am a huge fan of natural light, so I thought I would NEVER book an inside cabin.  I found a good deal on Elation in June of this year and the timing was just right for school and my job.  The only oceanview cabins that were available were reportedly loud/inconvenient/bad overall, so we booked an interior on deck 5 fwd.  It was a quick walk up the stairs to the lobby bar (deck 7), and an okay walk up the stairs to main dining (deck 8).  It was sooo quiet and soooo dark which really helped me sleep better.  I typically sleep like crap, and moreso outside of my home, so the good sleep was well worth the little bit that I missed natural light.  My next cruise I have an inside cabin on lido deck, and I am excited to be close to the food and slides.

Our first cruise was an Aft Ext Balcony on Liberty, deck 7 I believe.  Ever since then we have preferred aft balconies, preferably with one deck of cabins above and below for public deck area noise isolation, but we have also enjoyed forward a facing balcony on Mardi Gras, aft-area bowling alley balconies on Dream class ships, and a forward Cove balcony on Breeze.  We did an interior once for cost savings, and while it was OK, we really missed that hour of coffee in the morning, and the night cap in the evening, out there on a balcony.  We've also done one of those forward facing Scenic Ocean View rooms on Elation with the floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows.  That was pretty nice, but we did miss our fresh air.

So, given all other factors equal (esp. price) we'd pick an aft ext balcony, except on an Excel class ship - we want the water behind us, not Summer Landings...

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Met someone today who loves the deluxe oceanviews on lower decks with 2 bathrooms.  

I’ll be trying one of those in a few weeks.  I’m interested to see if the room, which seems awesome, outweighs the location, which IMO is less than ideal, as I much prefer higher decks…

7 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Met someone today who loves the deluxe oceanviews on lower decks with 2 bathrooms.  

I have cruised in 4 Deluxe Oceanview cabins since Cooties. If more than two in the cabin, this is great.

Bath and a half, lots of room. Sleep in after a long night of cruising without the big fireball in the sky to sunburn your eyeballs first thing in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 7:11 AM, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

My go to is a balcony one floor under the buffet close to a stairwell. Coffee or breakfast to my balcony in short order. 

Ditto. Also any balcony on Lido, closest to the pool deck or closest to the forward elevators.

On 11/4/2023 at 9:05 PM, pinto18 said:

Stayed on deck 1 on Panorama 3 times with these cabins. Love them!

That’s good to hear. Staying in one in February with three friends. Yeah, four adults in one cabin. Oh boy! 

My favorite is a Lido balcony. Second is cove not under the galley, third choice is a balcony between two decks of cabins. The only cabin I haven’t liked was the inside with a window to the secret deck. I didn’t like having people talking right outside my window and ended up keeping my curtain shut most of the time. The space was great though! 

Edited by momof3cruisers

I like an inside room for the value. Other than sleeping, I am not in the room. I like to be between the Lido and the promenade for easy access to the stairs vs the elevator. My preference would be a set of rooms above and below for a sound barrier.

I like aft cabins or mid ship as close to the aft as I can get. Reason being, we spend most of our time at the aft pool. We tend to do 2 decks down from lido. That way we don't need to wait for elevators just being 2 decks away.

I've always chosen an interior cabin on one of the upper decks...  I love the darkness of the interiors (great for afternoon naps!!)

but I will say that our last cruise got us a visit from the upgrade fairy and we ended up in a balcony cabin on the Lido deck.  It was really great!   We were close to all of the action and had our own private space on our balcony for watching the ocean or the ports or just anything!