Crossing the Globe (Kind of) - A Pr1ma (Hopefully) Live'ish Adventure, 11/20 - 12/1

cruiseny4life

On 11/9/2023 at 6:06 PM, Seas2mountains said:

Thank you for providing details on your plans in Barcelona. That sounds like a great mix of locations to visit when you are there. I'm super excited to follow along. I did travel to Barcelona in May 2012 but immediately got on a cruise ship as it did not work in our schedule to arrive early as the 12 day Italy/Croatia/Greece cruise was already stretching our vacation days thin. We do need to go back to Spain and I look forward to getting ideas from your review. 🙂  I really wanted to see all the Gaudi places. Have you tried using Chat GPT to help you plan travel? I am finding it more useful than I expected.

My husband was in Jackson, WY last night for a business trip. I often try to tag along with him when I can. We love it there but you are right about how expensive it is.  It does sound like hiring 300 people will make the time fly by fast until you depart.  Again, thank you for taking the time to write a live review. Besides reading about your travel adventures, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Prima as they are very mixed. Some love the Prima and others do not love her at all.   Wishing you the best as you wrap up one more week at work.

I hadn't thought about using Chat GPT to plan my trip! I've used it for business email. What a great idea! I just put in some notes to put together a Barcelona itinerary. I'm going to play with it and see what I come up with! I will say, I did put "no Gaudi" and it came up with no Gaudi. Now I need to adjust it to say no "Picasso" as we don't really want to go to the Picasso Museum. I know...all the cultural wonders of Barcelona and I don't want to see them. I'm an oddity in this world!

The Jackson airport might be the most beautiful airport I've ever flown into. Bozeman is right behind it, though. I hope he got the opportunity to see the bison herd or a few of the elk wandering around. At least flying in he got to see the Tetons.

393764299_10100960364404144_1372811948651665276_n.thumb.jpg.f2c0182aa7efa74a41f33edc81870e62.jpg

Not having sailed on Pr1ma, I believe there will be a lot of positive opinions of the ship. We'll see. 🙂

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

No Global Entry. I did convince him to get TSA Pre-Check. How? The line to security in Vegas! I was through in less than three minutes. I then waited for him for nearly thirty minutes. First thing he did when we got home was schedule himself an appointment. He now has a KTN! We might get Global Entry, but I don't see any reason why. Am I missing something?

If you are planning more and more international travel as I suspect you will, Global Entry is helpful when you return to the U.S. on an international flight. Back in August when I landed at Newark after a flight from Heathrow, I walked right up to an eye scanner and then walked out of Customs in less than a minute. I did not even have to present my passport after landing. Meanwhile, fellow travelers waited in line at Customs for almost 40 minutes. Once you are approved for Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check is included.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

We might get Global Entry, but I don't see any reason why. Am I missing something?

perhaps.

while GE doesn’t do you much good returning to the US  from a cruise, if you plan on traveling by air - and returning to the US - it can really expedite your passage once you arrive, sometimes by as much as an hour or more.

the thing that many people don’t realize is that, in most cases, global entry includes domestic TSA pre check clearance. TSA pre check is never guaranteed, even for those who have specifically signed up for it, but, in practice, you’ll get it 99% of the time. so, too, with global entry… as a “known traveller,” you’ll almost always get TSA pre check when traveling domestically. 

the price for global entry is only a bit more and the application process is virtually the same.

On 11/9/2023 at 9:46 PM, Von & John said:

Love the Grand Canyon - Your trip sounds Fantabulous!!

We have friends upper 60's/early 80's & they generally hike into the Canyon, spend a few nights & hike out again.

She hikes w/ a trash bag both ways & collects trash as they follow the trail.
We've attempted to join them a couple of times - but always end up cancelling for work or other reasons.

The Rafting Trip also sounds fabulous!

Love Barcelona - where are you staying?

We've spent a week or so in Barcelona both before & after our two cruises which sailed from there.

I vote for Montserrat & Cava Country - we took the train to both.

For Cava Country we mostly walked to the different vineyards from the train station and for Montserrat it was a combination of train & then the cog-wheel train up the mountain.

The first Barcelona visit b/4 the first cruise - we did everything we could in Barcelona...

The following 3 stays were spent partially in Barcelona & partially expanding out from the City.

If you have any interest - the Olympic Village was interesting, as were the plethora of Museums (Miro, Picasso to name 2) & there was an Artisan Village Complex we went to...

Of course, we also hit Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell & all the historical sites & most of the neighborhoods/beaches.

We loved the architecture & history @ every turn!

As a lifelong water rat - anytime I'm near water - my feet @ a minimum must make it into the water - regardless of the temp.

Las Ramblas & Mercado La Boqueria are always a hit!

We used a combination of walking & public transportation w/ a rare taxi thrown in.

We enjoyed our wine or cocktails every night w/ Tapas & we also found a small Creperia we loved serving both savory & sweet crepes 🙂 

The fun part was hitting a different location every evening.

On one trip we met an older gentleman while we were walking, we were waiting for a light to cross & started talking - I think it was near the Gothic Quarter...
I commented how much I loved his leather jacket & he invited us back to his little shop...

The conversation flowed during the 10/15 minute walk to his shop.

Well - as it turns out - he was the owner of the "little shop".

He used his key to enter & everyone greeted him when we walked in they had an extra special customer they wanted him to greet.

He excused himself - we noticed his "little shop" was very high end & the extra special customer was dripping in jewelry/classic bling & was much better dressed than we would ever be.

We turned to leave & he asked us to stay - he went to say Hello & then returned to pick up our conversation from our walk over.

We attempted to express to him how wonderful his designs & materials were, but that we could never afford them.

He didn't care - he sent someone upstairs to grab the 3 of us some wine and he insisted we try on some of his clothes/coats - he kept selecting different items for us to try on - he didn't care we weren't planning on purchasing anything - he was having too much fun!

We spent an hour or two there with him, enjoying the conversation & wine...

People were being buzzed in & greeted - there were lots of stares & whispers our way, obviously we were not there target clientele...

He gave us both big hugs as we left.

I still have his business card & a few pictures somewhere.

Sitting here laughing & smiling while I recall this encounter - what a lovely man!

Anyhoo - Barcelona - Grand City we're hoping to get back for another visit one of these days.

Cheers - Von

I definitely wished we had taken a garbage bag with us. It seemed we were constantly picking up garbage on the trail. I know some was not purposeful as those granola bar wrappers can easily sneak out of a pocket. Some was definitely thrown away as the hiker just didn't care. The big score was a pricey headlight that someone dropped. I bent over to pick up what I thought were some straps and turned out to be a great light. Not really sure how you return that to someone, so it's in my collection now.

We're staying at Iberostar Slection Paseo de Gracia. We wanted to be near Placa de Catalunya as it seems to be a hub in Barcelona for transit and close to a bunch of places of interest, like Gothic Quarter, Boqueria, Las Ramblas and Barcelona Museum with Roman ruins. Plus the beach isn't far and if I'm near the Med, I'm absolutely taking a dip no matter how cold it is!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm looking forward to seeing a few of the places you mentioned and sharing what we do. I definitely hope it's helpful for folks.

What a great interaction you had with the shop owner! You definitely had a special experience in his shop! He probably wanted to have conversation with regular people, not his high-end clientele. The wealthy seem a bore to me...maybe because I'm not wealthy. Haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

If you are planning more and more international travel as I suspect you will, Global Entry is helpful when you return to the U.S. on an international flight. Back in August when I landed at Newark after a flight from Heathrow, I walked right up to an eye scanner and then walked out of Customs in less than a minute. I did not even have to present my passport after landing. Meanwhile, fellow travelers waited in line at Customs for almost 40 minutes. Once you are approved for Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check is included.

19 hours ago, UKstages said:

perhaps.

while GE doesn’t do you much good returning to the US  from a cruise, if you plan on traveling by air - and returning to the US - it can really expedite your passage once you arrive, sometimes by as much as an hour or more.

the thing that many people don’t realize is that, in most cases, global entry includes domestic TSA pre check clearance. TSA pre check is never guaranteed, even for those who have specifically signed up for it, but, in practice, you’ll get it 99% of the time. so, too, with global entry… as a “known traveller,” you’ll almost always get TSA pre check when traveling domestically. 

the price for global entry is only a bit more and the application process is virtually the same.

Ok. I'm sold on Global Entry when my pre-check expires! Thank you both! I'm not a fan of lines in the airport...I suppose no one is though.

Thanks!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We leave on Friday. Our flight is out about 12:30 PM, then on to JFK, CDG, with final stop in Barcelona. All courtesy of NCL BOGO Airfare. We paid just over $600 for our fare to NCL. It is one-way, but based on what I heard about air to Europe this past summer, I'm thinking we got one heck of a bargain of a price. And a two day cushion in case of delays, protests, lost luggage, etc. When NCL issued these tickets, at about the 90 day mark, I did price the same itinerary. It was $1,800 per person. Going from a possibility of paying $3,600 for two to $600 for two. Well, I'll let you do the math on that one. Cha-ching!!

I say we saved money so we can spend it on other stuff. My husband doesn't like my way of calculating our savings. He figures it wasn't a savings as we didn't actually pay that price. We agree to disagree on this point. And, honestly, I am a kind of frugal person.

Our layover at JFK is almost four hours. Plenty of time, especially since we don't need to go through TSA down there. Or, at least we shouldn't need to. By the way, this is why I say we only need to get to the airport an hour ahead of our flight. Because we're flying domestic from SYR to JFK.

I had to take my mother-in-law to the airport on Friday as she had been visiting from Russia. She made it through security in five minutes, despite not knowing English. Her flights are crazy! SYR>EWR>Frankfurt>Almaty (Kazakhstan)>Moscow>train to her hometown. She started Friday and her travel is still not over. She did have to go to Kazakhstan to secure a visa, so we purchased refundable airfare in case no visa was provided. Thankfully it was and she flew here the day after given the visa.

It was nice to have her around and even better my husband was between a job he resigned and his new job, so they could take a week long trip from NYC to DC to Gettysburg to Niagara Falls and home. We went to Vermont and Boston so mom-in-law could see those places too.

image.thumb.png.055bf75aaffdda017ae4e30d01a711fc.png

Anyway, I love when everything works out!!

• Like 10

@Seas2mountains, here's my second try ChatGPT Barcelona Itinerary. I put two days since we kind of have two days in the city, though only one real full day. I'm going to refine it a bit more and see what I get. I do appreciate that ChatGPT says "wander."

Day 1:

Morning:

1. Breakfast at Federal Café: Start your day with a delicious breakfast at Federal Café, known for its cozy atmosphere and diverse menu.

2. Explore the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic): Wander through the Gothic Quarter, visit the Barcelona Cathedral, and explore the Plaça Sant Jaume.

Afternoon:

1. Palau de la Música Catalana: Visit the Palau de la Música Catalana, a stunning modernist concert hall. While Gaudi wasn't involved in its design, it's a UNESCO World Heritage site and a masterpiece of Catalan modernism.

2. Lunch at Ciudad Condal: Enjoy a traditional Spanish lunch at Ciudad Condal, a popular tapas restaurant with a wide variety of options.

Evening:

1. Explore El Raval: Walk around the El Raval neighborhood, known for its vibrant atmosphere and diverse cultural scene.

2. Dinner at Bar Cañete: Have dinner at Bar Cañete, a renowned restaurant offering a mix of traditional and modern Spanish dishes.

Day 2:

Morning:

1. Visit the Born Cultural Centre: Explore the Born Cultural Centre, housed in a market built in the 19th century. It offers a glimpse into Barcelona's history.

2. Mercat de la Boqueria: Take a stroll through Mercat de la Boqueria, a bustling market where you can experience the vibrant local food scene.

Afternoon:

1. Visit the Maritime Museum: Explore the Maritime Museum, located in the Royal Shipyard of Barcelona. It showcases Catalonia's maritime history.

2. Lunch at Bar del Pla: Enjoy lunch at Bar del Pla, a cozy restaurant known for its Catalan and Spanish cuisine.

Evening:

1. Walk along Passeig de Gràcia: Take a leisurely walk along Passeig de Gràcia, known for its upscale shops and architecture.

2. Dinner at Els Pescadors: Have your final dinner at Els Pescadors, a seafood restaurant located in the charming neighborhood of Poblenou.

This itinerary allows you to experience the history, culture, and culinary delights of Barcelona without focusing on Gaudi or Picasso. Adjustments can be made based on your preferences and the specific attractions that interest you.

• Like 10

On 10/31/2023 at 3:59 PM, laudergayle said:

image.png.75f044e2a8ede86dffb1d9f6642190cd.pngAwwh…are you revealing your identity?  😊

Love finding little gems like this in random posts so you have a real image of your CC buddies.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:50 AM, kasimir said:

We also got them a cabin in the Haven, couldn't leave them in the bowels of the ship 😉 

I have no problem leaving my folks behind in gen pop when try tag along with me on trips. It truly becomes my sanctuary ship within a ship. Guess I'm evil. 😈

On 11/11/2023 at 11:29 AM, cruiseny4life said:

We might get Global Entry, but I don't see any reason why. Am I missing something?

Think you're already convinced as I'm late to the party, but if you do any international flights it is a life saver. Coming home from our Iceland trip it took longer to walk to customs at JFK than it did to get through it. Stand in front of a machine, it finds you by your face, you talk to the guy at the end who calls you by name, you confirm you are who you are, and you walk out to your Uber home. <5 mins. Some countries outside the US also participate as well, so that's a bonus.

Now as for Barcelona - seems like you've already got stuff booked and planned out, but consider looking into these places if you've got the time.

https://thepaellaclub.com/ - we did the dinner class, wine was flowing nonstop, dinner was great, and it was a lot of fun. It's all over Viator, but we booked direct through their website.

And these bars - same owners, just go to whichever one is less crowded - they're all down the street from each other. The cocktail menu is quite crazy and odd, but they were all amazingly delicious. We walked there after the paella class and didn't leave the bar until nearly 2am. Although in my search to find a website for them to share with you, it seems the original owners have left so not sure what it will be like now.

2 Schmucks, Lucky Schmuck, Fat Schmuck

• Like 4

What a great review so far! DH spend a lot more time camping in a tent than sleeping in a nice cruise ship bed, and The Grand Canyon is on our bucket list. It's so lovely that you are able to take a nice long trip and also that your mother-in-law had a pretty sweet American tour as well.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Love finding little gems like this in random posts so you have a real image of your CC buddies.

I have no problem leaving my folks behind in gen pop when try tag along with me on trips. It truly becomes my sanctuary ship within a ship. Guess I'm evil. 😈

Think you're already convinced as I'm late to the party, but if you do any international flights it is a life saver. Coming home from our Iceland trip it took longer to walk to customs at JFK than it did to get through it. Stand in front of a machine, it finds you by your face, you talk to the guy at the end who calls you by name, you confirm you are who you are, and you walk out to your Uber home. <5 mins. Some countries outside the US also participate as well, so that's a bonus.

Now as for Barcelona - seems like you've already got stuff booked and planned out, but consider looking into these places if you've got the time.

https://thepaellaclub.com/ - we did the dinner class, wine was flowing nonstop, dinner was great, and it was a lot of fun. It's all over Viator, but we booked direct through their website.

And these bars - same owners, just go to whichever one is less crowded - they're all down the street from each other. The cocktail menu is quite crazy and odd, but they were all amazingly delicious. We walked there after the paella class and didn't leave the bar until nearly 2am. Although in my search to find a website for them to share with you, it seems the original owners have left so not sure what it will be like now.

2 Schmucks, Lucky Schmuck, Fat Schmuck

Thank you for all your suggestions!! I did look into The Paella Club. The dates/times available don't work for us, unfortunately! It looks like a great option. Alas, not this time. It just gives me an excuse to go back to Spain sometime. Looks like I'll be eating some restaurant prepared Paella instead. I'm definitely going to be looking for this as it seems like a really yummy entree. 

Those sure look like some interesting bars! We probably won't make our way to them as we're not really bar people - I almost only exclusively drink on cruises, because...well, I don't want to spend the money on booze. 🙂 But, definitely would add some color to the trip if we went! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

What a great review so far! DH spend a lot more time camping in a tent than sleeping in a nice cruise ship bed, and The Grand Canyon is on our bucket list. It's so lovely that you are able to take a nice long trip and also that your mother-in-law had a pretty sweet American tour as well.

I don't even try to describe the Grand Canyon to folks. It's simply not possible. I hope you're able to get there soon! If you can, I highly suggest you venture at least 1.5 miles or so into the canyon just to get a different perspective. I've been inside the canyon twice and both times have been memorable experiences - top 10 life experiences. 

I'm with your husband. I've definitely been in a tent more than a bed aboard a ship. We're trying to change that, but I must have two or three years in a tent at this point! I've never counted. Someday I should try. I know I've canoed more than 1,000 miles in the Adirondacks and hiked more than 1,000 miles in Yellowstone....so I wonder if I have 1,000 nights in a tent. I'm afraid my feeble memory won't be of much assistance in remembering! 

I hope I keep up an interesting review - I can't wait until I'm actually onboard, sharing my experience on Pr1ma. See ya! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

try. I know I've canoed more than 1,000 miles in the Adirondacks and hiked more than 1,000 miles in Yellowstone....so I wonder if I have 1,000 nights in a tent.

Wow…just wow.  That’s pretty rugged.  I probably have 1000 nights in hotels😊

• Haha 4

"Donna Summer show was amazing!!!"

Said a passenger currently on Pr1ma. I can't say where from. She "...highly recommend[s] it!" Yay! 

NCL may not allow reservations, but I have more hope I'll learn who Donna is. Don't tell me - trying not to spoil the surprise. 

• Like 4

On 11/12/2023 at 6:18 AM, cruiseny4life said:

@Seas2mountains, here's my second try ChatGPT Barcelona Itinerary. I put two days since we kind of have two days in the city, though only one real full day. I'm going to refine it a bit more and see what I get. I do appreciate that ChatGPT says "wander."

Day 1:

Morning:

1. Breakfast at Federal Café: Start your day with a delicious breakfast at Federal Café, known for its cozy atmosphere and diverse menu.

2. Explore the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic): Wander through the Gothic Quarter, visit the Barcelona Cathedral, and explore the Plaça Sant Jaume.

Afternoon:

1. Palau de la Música Catalana: Visit the Palau de la Música Catalana, a stunning modernist concert hall. While Gaudi wasn't involved in its design, it's a UNESCO World Heritage site and a masterpiece of Catalan modernism.

2. Lunch at Ciudad Condal: Enjoy a traditional Spanish lunch at Ciudad Condal, a popular tapas restaurant with a wide variety of options.

Evening:

1. Explore El Raval: Walk around the El Raval neighborhood, known for its vibrant atmosphere and diverse cultural scene.

2. Dinner at Bar Cañete: Have dinner at Bar Cañete, a renowned restaurant offering a mix of traditional and modern Spanish dishes.

Day 2:

Morning:

1. Visit the Born Cultural Centre: Explore the Born Cultural Centre, housed in a market built in the 19th century. It offers a glimpse into Barcelona's history.

2. Mercat de la Boqueria: Take a stroll through Mercat de la Boqueria, a bustling market where you can experience the vibrant local food scene.

Afternoon:

1. Visit the Maritime Museum: Explore the Maritime Museum, located in the Royal Shipyard of Barcelona. It showcases Catalonia's maritime history.

2. Lunch at Bar del Pla: Enjoy lunch at Bar del Pla, a cozy restaurant known for its Catalan and Spanish cuisine.

Evening:

1. Walk along Passeig de Gràcia: Take a leisurely walk along Passeig de Gràcia, known for its upscale shops and architecture.

2. Dinner at Els Pescadors: Have your final dinner at Els Pescadors, a seafood restaurant located in the charming neighborhood of Poblenou.

This itinerary allows you to experience the history, culture, and culinary delights of Barcelona without focusing on Gaudi or Picasso. Adjustments can be made based on your preferences and the specific attractions that interest you.

That looks great! I am having fun seeing what ChatGPT can do for several things including emails to parents and I do use it a lot when helping students research potential careers. That turned out better than I would  have expected.  Will you be using any of the suggested locations? I have not used it for travel yet but have used it for travel research.

13 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

That looks great! I am having fun seeing what ChatGPT can do for several things including emails to parents and I do use it a lot when helping students research potential careers. That turned out better than I would  have expected.  Will you be using any of the suggested locations? I have not used it for travel yet but have used it for travel research.

OH! Do you work at a school? I think you mentioned this before when I was whining about my previous job at a charter school. ChatGPT would have been amazing to give to the Office Manager so they could write appropriate communications home. I had to edit every single one of their notes which was a giant time suck....I know my grammar/English isn't great on here, but it's Cruise Critic and I don't typically edit my posts. 🙂

I am researching each of the restaurants ChatGPT suggests. I've noticed one or two are kind of touristy, but I'm hoping for a jewel. I missed out on the one restaurant overlooking Sagrada Familia. No reservations available - they open up seven days in advance. On Saturday, it looked fine. By yesterday, all spaces were gone even though it gave the impression a lot of tables were available. Alas, Barcelona has a bunch of great looking restaurants. I think I'll find something and we'll do a quick walk-by of Sagrada Familia. 

I had not heard of the Born Cultural Center. I'm going to take a look to see if I'm interested. Same with the Maritime Museum. I was already planning to wander the Gothic Quarter and Boqueria, so ChatGPT did align well with what I want to do. 

• Like 3

i can assure you that chat GPT has not been to those restaurants and attractions! it’s really just a content aggregator. the things it has recommended have most likely been written about a lot on the web and in guidebooks. so you’re going to get directed to the most popular things that people buzz about. there’s some value in that, to be sure. but, to me, these would be lifeless, soulless, impersonal recommendations lacking nuance and a full understanding of my particular needs and desires.

(then again, I was married to a lifeless, soulless person who lacked nuance and a full understanding of my particular needs and desires. so I see where you may be going with this! carry on. but do be open to aimless wandering and serendipitous discovery.)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i can assure you that chat GPT has not been to those restaurants and attractions! it’s really just a content aggregator. the things it has recommended have most likely been written about a lot on the web and in guidebooks. so you’re going to get directed to the most popular things that people buzz about. there’s some value in that, to be sure. but, to me, these would be lifeless, soulless, impersonal recommendations lacking nuance and a full understanding of my particular needs and desires.

(then again, I was married to a lifeless, soulless person who lacked nuance and a full understanding of my particular needs and desires. so I see where you may be going with this! carry on. but do be open to aimless wandering and serendipitous discovery.)

Oh. My. Gosh. Thank you for the laugh!!! Sorry about the...uhhh....marriage for however long it lasted. Glad you're not among those with plenty of life! 

I do agree with you that ChatGPT is probably selecting the most spoken about places that may be great for most tourists. That's why I'm taking a look at each suggestion to see if it is for me. Also, I believe the data ChatGPT has is from pre-2021 or 2022, so may be outdated due to closings/openings. While not the end all some make it out to be, I do enjoy trying it out to see what it gives me. 

The issue with serendipitous is I don't make a decision, therefore my husband does and we wind up at McDonald's, KFC, Hard Rock, etc. I want to avoid that. One thing I did learn is that any Paella in the $12 - $15 (euro) range was likely frozen and warmed up. I'll be looking for some yummy Paella that costs more. Hopefully I make the right choice. 

For what it's worth...we will be stopping by KFC and Hard Rock. Gotta get that pint glass and have good KFC (American is awful, foreign has never disappointed). BUT, we have plenty of time to try some hole in the wall tapas bars and Paella joints.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

BUT, we have plenty of time to try some hole in the wall tapas bars and Paella joints.

Take a look at Taller de Tapas in the Gothic Quarter.  The paella did not disappoint …but that was several years ago.  

Had a gorgeous rainbow on the way in to work tomorrow. The photo doesn't do it nearly enough justice - that's what you get for driving and photo taking. It is just reminding me of wonderful experiences ahead when I'm not actually in the office. Thursday at 5 PM can't come soon enough!! Matter of fact, we're just slightly less than 72 hours until my flight leaves for JFK. Come on vacation!

image.thumb.png.6e39dde7c1d2806939afec9da8d6ca62.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

the way in to work tomorrow

I know you’re excited about your cruise, but you can’t rush time🤣

on a serious note, I know how excited you must be!  I’m excited for you too! So glad you’re taking us along with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Had a gorgeous rainbow on the way in ... less than 72 hours until my flight leaves for JFK. Come on vacation!

Sweet, we are checking in tonight for our flight out of JFK - can have an update for AP's Terminal 1 once we get airside, not knowing what airlines you are on (hence their terminal)   Jet stream across the Atlantic to Europe continue to be strong, the daily flight we are on has been saving as much as an hour, not quite Concord speed of sound, but 6 hours +/- is good for the TA flight, 

Meanwhile, I'm playing with "Bard" instead of chat GPT ...  Maybe there's a chance that we might see 2 of you roaming BCN this weekend but if not, see ya onboard and possibly at the cruise terminal ... our arrival time is 10:30 to 11 but you get escorted up the gangway first.  Priority embarkation, useless for us.  Happy & Safe Travel ahead for all ... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1