Princess plus package

Traderboy

50 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Anyone ridiculing you for speaking sense, more fool them!

One thing I have learned on here and other internet forums, some people struggle to respect others opinions or if you don't agree with them, you are simply wrong.  Sadly, there are many people in the world with similar views.  I always say my opinions are mine, if someone disagrees, that is fine, just don't tell me I'm wrong for mine and you are right with yours.  It's prevalent in all areas of society today.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

One thing I have learned on here and other internet forums, some people struggle to respect others opinions or if you don't agree with them, you are simply wrong.  Sadly, there are many people in the world with similar views.  I always say my opinions are mine, if someone disagrees, that is fine, just don't tell me I'm wrong for mine and you are right with yours.  It's prevalent in all areas of society today.

Two sides to every story.  I won't report you though  😉

1 hour ago, Cruisintimer said:

Two sides to every story.  I won't report you though  😉

Not sure why you did last time. I just called out the rude comments.  Cruise critic is a forum for discussion about cruising. 

You don't have to like everyone's posts, but you should at least respect them. 

12 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Not sure why you did last time. I just called out the rude comments.  Cruise critic is a forum for discussion about cruising. 

You don't have to like everyone's posts, but you should at least respect them. 

Seriously!  You know full well I did not report you!  Unbelievable.  You must not be aware that you are notified who reports you.  Nice try flipping the truth, respect goes two ways.

Edited by Cruisintimer

On 11/2/2023 at 12:36 PM, reedprincess said:

The exercise classes are specialty classes like StretchLab, Pure Barre, etc. Not regular classes like Zumba or yoga or such 

I've seen lists of classes that include yoga. (And possibly Zumba but I'm less sure about that.) Maybe it depends on the ship? They have spin classes too. I particularly remembered that because that's the class I would want to take. 😄  

23 hours ago, essmeier said:

Two years ago, in November 2021, the price was U.S. $40 per day.  Then $50.  Then $60.  Now it's $65 plus an 18% service charge ($76.70.)

While on the Royal last week, I booked a cruise for October 2024, and the price quoted by the Future Cruise Consultant on the ship was $60/day, so the change appears to have happened since then.

You are confusing the beverage package with the fare package that includes the beverage package. The beverage package costs more ($76.70) than the fare package that includes the beverage package ($60). I know, it's weird. They obviously don't want people to buy the beverage package.

15 hours ago, p.pete said:

yet we reckon ~70+% of people are on a package? 

75%. That's what Princess tells people.

And they don't pull numbers out of the air. They pull them out of a spreadsheet. LOL (Actually, it's probably more sophisticated so a computer model.)

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:00 PM, Steelers36 said:

You are not looking at the right page and are making an apples/oranges comparison.

The Plus and Premier Cruise Fare packages have NOT increased in price recently.  Neither have the STANDALONE Plus & Premier beverages packages which are one of the perks included in the CRUISE FARE package.

Re-check on Princess.com.   You can read details about both the beverage packages and the cruise fare packages.  You should never buy a standalone drink package - the pricing is artificial extreme high in order to make the cruise fare package look like more of a bargain.

I also see the Plus Package at $65 on princess.com when I log in from Australia 

IMG_8577.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I also see the Plus Package at $65 on princess.com when I log in from Australia 

IMG_8577.jpeg

Oops lost part of my post - it’s very confusing if you don’t realize that the price you see reflects where you are at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Oops lost part of my post - it’s very confusing if you don’t realize that the price you see reflects where you are at the moment.

Either you are on a VPN to Oz, or you are in Oz and not logged in.  I don't think Princess let's us access off shore websites.

Anyway, you are seeing Plus for $65 AUD and it doesn't have CA as that is baked into cruise fare.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Either you are on a VPN to Oz, or you are in Oz and not logged in.  I don't think Princess let's us access off shore websites.

Anyway, you are seeing Plus for $65 AUD and it doesn't have CA as that is baked into cruise fare.

Agreed. I am in Australia but my point is that I only type in and see that I am on princess.com. There is no indication that it’s a different website than I see when I’m in the US. It can easily confuse people who either don’t look carefully or know that pricing is affected by where you are when you check the website. I knew but not everyone would.

56 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Agreed. I am in Australia but my point is that I only type in and see that I am on princess.com. There is no indication that it’s a different website than I see when I’m in the US. It can easily confuse people who either don’t look carefully or know that pricing is affected by where you are when you check the website. I knew but not everyone would.

Are you certain the URL is simply "www.princess.com"?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Not strictly correct I think. I'm going on a Scandinavian cruise next year and have Plus, which for us never includes CA wherever we have booked to cruise. I will be charged CA or it's on my Personalizer to prepay it (almost $1000 for the two of us). So it's definitely not baked in to the cruise fare for cruises outside Australia. 

12 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Not strictly correct I think. I'm going on a Scandinavian cruise next year and have Plus, which for us never includes CA wherever we have booked to cruise. I will be charged CA or it's on my Personalizer to prepay it (almost $1000 for the two of us). So it's definitely not baked in to the cruise fare for cruises outside Australia. 

Certainly, and I didn't imply that.  Sorry, it seems like one needs to be very precise in posting here. 

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Certainly, and I didn't imply that.  Sorry, it seems like one needs to be very precise in posting here. 

It's strange how we interpret things differently when it's a keyboard response as against face to face where you can quickly clarify. 

To me it was quite clear that you said we get Plus for $65 and CA is baked into the fares. That is clearly not the case. 

Regardless, I really respect your posts and advice that you give and a bit of different interpretation will not change that.

28 minutes ago, leck57 said:

It's strange how we interpret things differently when it's a keyboard response as against face to face where you can quickly clarify. 

To me it was quite clear that you said we get Plus for $65 and CA is baked into the fares. That is clearly not the case. 

Regardless, I really respect your posts and advice that you give and a bit of different interpretation will not change that.

It is for Australian based voyages booked by Aussies and Kiwis.

On 11/3/2023 at 12:43 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

It's simple math.  Plus is 60, factor out gratuities and it's 44 per day.  We consider WiFi as gravy, we never buy it a la carte on any cruise we take, so it's of no value to us.  So we get the drinks package with grats for 44 per day, which is cheaper than any other cruise line, especially compared to Royal. ........

NCL is cheaper runs around $22pppd

MSC is often cheaper UK get premium package often under $35(equivalent).

29 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

NCL is cheaper runs around $22pppd

MSC is often cheaper UK get premium package often under $35(equivalent).

You've drunk the NCL Kool aide.  The 22 pppd covers the gratuities.  The additional cost of the package is built into the cruise fare for all to pay.  And if you don't believe this, I have some ocean front property in Iowa for sale.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

You've drunk the NCL Kool aide.  The 22 pppd covers the gratuities.  The additional cost of the package is built into the cruise fare for all to pay.  And if you don't believe this, I have some ocean front property in Iowa for sale.

Doesn't matter how you wrap or what you call the cost.

(UK it's a fixed charge based on cruise length, US they do offer a reduced fare option with no package)

If you want the drinks package you pay the $22, cheaper than Princess.

Base fares tend to be lower on NCL than Princess.

Totals AI a lot cheaper even with the higher service.

When plus was £30 that's when it was good value and competitive.

Princess know there plus was overpriced they were offering 2024 at 50% off and then started charging for free stuff to add to plus to try to fool people it's worth more.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Doesn't matter how you wrap or what you call the cost.

(UK it's a fixed charge based on cruise length, US they do offer a reduced fare option with no package)

If you want the drinks package you pay the $22, cheaper than Princess.

Base fares tend to be lower on NCL than Princess.

Totals AI a lot cheaper even with the higher service.

When plus was £30 that's when it was good value and competitive.

Princess know there plus was overpriced they were offering 2024 at 50% off and then started charging for free stuff to add to plus to try to fool people it's worth more.

Obviously the water consumed across the pond is different than on this side.

Plus is 60 in US dollars currently and is the best value at sea with everything that is included, in our opinion.  What brings value to you obviously is different than what brings value to me.  If you don't think the overall package that Princess provides doesn't bring you value, you always have P&O, MSC and other value based lines to cruise on.  

Still can't believe that you actually think that NCL gives you the drinks package for free.  What was that quote that PT Barnum said back in the day? 🤔

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Obviously the water consumed across the pond is different than on this side.

Plus is 60 in US dollars currently and is the best value at sea with everything that is included, in our opinion.  What brings value to you obviously is different than what brings value to me.  If you don't think the overall package that Princess provides doesn't bring you value, you always have P&O, MSC and other value based lines to cruise on.  

Still can't believe that you actually think that NCL gives you the drinks package for free.  What was that quote that PT Barnum said back in the day? 🤔

Of course it not free, there are added charges if you want the package

It's all made up numbers to extract your money.

Can't believe you seem to think somehow Princess charges are more representative of costs than other lines. 

Princess plus drinks package is $76.70(£62)pppd to make the bundled £50 for plus look better.

All smoke and mirrors. 

Where the real cost of any part of the cruise product is hidden is not relevant, what matters to the passenger is the difference between a fare with or without the features like a drinks package that you want  and how much you value them.

Princess UK it's £50pppd for drinks, a couple of made up(previously free) casual dining meals, gratuities...

NCL is around £35(£20+£15)to add drinks, grats, and a proper speciality meal(1-3 depending on cabin, cruise length).

Both have different fluff to pad out value

WiFi, exercise, dessert...

WiFi, shorex discounts, free pax...

Value is individual but to claim Princess has the cheapest drinks package was clearly a false claim even after you adjust for the value of the fluff in the different bundles.

Different people will have different cut off for where the drinks offer is worth it.

Cheaper package more likely to be in range.

We are around £60pd combined depending on line and quality of package, might reduce for some trips where drinking is lower priority (port intensive)

Even when they were offering 30% off(fare and plus) to Elites on some cruises early this year, prices were just getting competitive.

All in to get something similar, 2023 getting Princess under £100pppd has been very hard.

similar routes NCL has been hitting £70-£80

2022 Princess was the winner. 

2024 year to pan out.

Earlier this year on one MSC cruise they swapped £300 from the drink package to the cruise fare to encourage drink included booking.

Princess did the same for one of its sales, the cruise fare higher with plus at 50%. 

17 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Of course it not free, there are added charges if you want the package

It's all made up numbers to extract your money.

Can't believe you seem to think somehow Princess charges are more representative of costs than other lines. 

Princess plus drinks package is $76.70(£62)pppd to make the bundled £50 for plus look better.

All smoke and mirrors. 

Where the real cost of any part of the cruise product is hidden is not relevant, what matters to the passenger is the difference between a fare with or without the features like a drinks package that you want  and how much you value them.

Princess UK it's £50pppd for drinks, a couple of made up(previously free) casual dining meals, gratuities...

NCL is around £35(£20+£15)to add drinks, grats, and a proper speciality meal(1-3 depending on cabin, cruise length).

Both have different fluff to pad out value

WiFi, exercise, dessert...

WiFi, shorex discounts, free pax...

Value is individual but to claim Princess has the cheapest drinks package was clearly a false claim even after you adjust for the value of the fluff in the different bundles.

Different people will have different cut off for where the drinks offer is worth it.

Cheaper package more likely to be in range.

We are around £60pd combined depending on line and quality of package, might reduce for some trips where drinking is lower priority (port intensive)

Even when they were offering 30% off(fare and plus) to Elites on some cruises early this year, prices were just getting competitive.

All in to get something similar, 2023 getting Princess under £100pppd has been very hard.

similar routes NCL has been hitting £70-£80

2022 Princess was the winner. 

2024 year to pan out.

Earlier this year on one MSC cruise they swapped £300 from the drink package to the cruise fare to encourage drink included booking.

Princess did the same for one of its sales, the cruise fare higher with plus at 50%. 

I give up with you.  You just can't wrap your head around the fact that the drinks package on NCL is already factored into the price.  If you decide to accept it, you're charged the 22 per day for gratuities.  The actual cost of the drinks portion is already factored into the basic rate that you pay.

On Princess, you take the 60 for plus and after factoring out gratuities and wifi, you're left with 29.  If you subtract the 22 you'd pay on NCL for the gratuities on the drinks package, you're left with 7.00.  You better believe that NCL is charging more than 7.00 for the already factored in drinks that is already part of the base rate. 

So, Princess is charging less for their drinks package in the long run than NCL is.  Plus, with Princess their drinks package includes bottled water and espresso based coffee drinks.  Neither of these items are included on NCL as part of their drinks package.

But, you do you and if you think NCL is a better deal because you think you're only paying 22 a day for their drinks package, enjoy cruising on them.  I've cruised them 8 times and have another one booked in 2025, but I am familiar with their games and don't have blinders on.  I'm not delusional to think their drink package is 22 pppd.

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I give up with you.  You just can't wrap your head around the fact that the drinks package on NCL is already factored into the price.  If you decide to accept it, you're charged the 22 per day for gratuities.  The actual cost of the drinks portion is already factored into the basic rate that you pay.

On Princess, you take the 60 for plus and after factoring out gratuities and wifi, you're left with 29.  If you subtract the 22 you'd pay on NCL for the gratuities on the drinks package, you're left with 7.00.  You better believe that NCL is charging more than 7.00 for the already factored in drinks that is already part of the base rate. 

So, Princess is charging less for their drinks package in the long run than NCL is.  Plus, with Princess their drinks package includes bottled water and espresso based coffee drinks.  Neither of these items are included on NCL as part of their drinks package.

But, you do you and if you think NCL is a better deal because you think you're only paying 22 a day for their drinks package, enjoy cruising on them.  I've cruised them 8 times and have another one booked in 2025, but I am familiar with their games and don't have blinders on.  I'm not delusional to think their drink package is 22 pppd.

Even at $22 it would work for my 10 drinks a day. Princess is even bettet

Just an observation from our last cruise in which we had Princess Plus. Towards the end of the evenings, whenever we ordered a drink, we’d be asked if we wanted a double, if it was a spirit, or a large glass if it was wine. We’ve never had this asked on any of our previous cruises with Princess Plus and it got me thinking, are waiters under instructions now to try to get guests to use up more of their daily package allowance just in case the passengers are taking notes to see if they’re getting their money’s worth? I purchase the package, at the moment, because with coffees, water, a  soda or two and a mocktail or two pretty much brings me up to being in front, and the odd alcoholic beverage pushes me beyond that, but if they looked at my online alcohol orders it will generally show three or four boozy drinks a day at best.