Deck chairs on Promenade deck

francarlson

Yes, the Crown and the other older ships have real promenades with plenty of chairs, loungers, and viewing space.  The small spaces that they have on the Royal class ships are not a true promenade and are very disappointing.

• Like 3

This summer they took away the wooden chairs on the promenade deck and put in some cheap plasticky ones that are a few inches lower than the wooden ones.  I have a bad knee and they were harder to get in and out of than the older ones.

Edited by wolfie11
  • Thanks 1

We just disembarked from the discovery and she had some tables and chairs midship on deck 7 and also had some loungers all the way aft.  I believe one side may be for smokers.  We did see someone smoking out there but like I said, only on one side.  

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We just disembarked from the discovery and she had some tables and chairs midship on deck 7 and also had some loungers all the way aft.  I believe one side may be for smokers.  We did see someone smoking out there but like I said, only on one side.  

I haven't been on the Discovery but on other Royal class ships smoking is allowed outside the aft doors starboard side so I presume it is the same on the Discovery.

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

I haven't been on the Discovery but on other Royal class ships smoking is allowed outside the aft doors starboard side so I presume it is the same on the Discovery.

The smoker I saw was on the starboard side.  They had loungers on both sides in the aft section and nobody was sitting on the port side.  

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The smoker I saw was on the starboard side.  They had loungers on both sides in the aft section and nobody was sitting on the port side.  

On our Enchanted cruise the aft port lounges were our favorites. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

On our Enchanted cruise the aft port lounges were our favorites. 

We found them while docked in San Francisco and it was such a nice day, we decided to take a walk while in town.  Otherwise, it would have been the perfect place to sit and relax!  

Thank you all.  A balcony isn't as good for viewing the sea & sky as it is truncated on left & right so that is why I love deck chairs on Promenade.  A big view.  The loungers by the pool do not have a sea view.  We board 1/7 & I hope they will still be there on Promenade.  Thanks again