triple up sale

debnjoe1438

On 11/8/2023 at 6:29 PM, n4w said:

I think you can apply them to reservations with balances, not if they're already paid for.  Unless you use it to upgrade your cabin.  They'll always take more of your money, but you won't get any back.

No, I just tried to apply a 3rd CN certificate to a booking that is not fully paid for but the booking was made on 11/7 and the Triple Up Promo starts 11/8

On 11/8/2023 at 6:18 PM, vacation44 said:

I was able to apply the third one to four existing reservations this morning.

I answered this above but I think this is where I should have answered it.  On a chat session a few minutes ago the chat person said the triple up can be used only on new bookings from 11/8.   ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fischmom said:

I just wish they would drop the 4 month requirement like they did a few months ago. I would book a January cruise today. 

I have two deposits that are supposed to expire in October 2024 that I have been trying to figure out how to use. Do they really not expire any more?

I just looked at mine, and under the date colum there is no date. I don't if it's always been there, however under the credit colum it states "Not appicable" not sure what that means.

13 minutes ago, rootsmith said:

I answered this above but I think this is where I should have answered it.  On a chat session a few minutes ago the chat person said the triple up can be used only on new bookings from 11/8.   ????

I would go online and apply it yourself.  The promotion does state on new bookings only; however, that is not the case.   

22 minutes ago, rootsmith said:

Why get NCL’s random answer department involved in this? It’s much better to just do what the rest of us have done and go into the app and just apply the voucher to your booking.

You absolutely can apply the third vouchers to existing bookings. I have just done so to bookings made in 2022. Just do it yourself.

41 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Why get NCL’s random answer department involved in this? It’s much better to just do what the rest of us have done and go into the app and just apply the voucher to your booking.

You absolutely can apply the third vouchers to existing bookings. I have just done so to bookings made in 2022. Just do it yourself.

Yes, that is what Julig just told me. Go through "payment" and apply it yourself. crazy that their agents arent all on the same page

• Like 1

I'm a new cruiser so please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I presume if I purchase 3x cruisenext certificates, say the $250 value ones (at $125 a pop real money), I can hypothetically book a cruise at the end of 2024, apply x3 cruisenext and that's $750 paid towards the total amount? 

Say total for cruise is $3000, I use 3 of these and my balance is now $2250? Am I right in thinking that's how it works?

Also, are they applicable towards costs such as pre-paid gratuities? 

Edited by joydivision84
Spelling

3 minutes ago, joydivision84 said:

I'm a new cruiser so please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I presume if I purchase 3x cruisenext certificates, say the $250 value ones (at $125 a pop real money), I can hypothetically book a cruise at the end of 2024, apply x3 cruisenext and that's $750 paid towards the total amount? 

Say total for cruise is $3000, I use 3 of these and my balance is now $2250? Am I right in thinking that's how it works?

Also, are they applicable towards costs such as pre-paid gratuities? 

Yes, that is how it works.   However, we do not know when and if the triple up promotion will happen again. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Yes, that is how it works.   However, we do not know when and if the triple up promotion will happen again. 

Sorry pal, last question, can you even buy the $500 cruisenext vouchers (for $250 each real money) and use x3 of them towards a balcony room? So $1500 total value for $750 real money.

Or are the $500 cruisenext vouchers only applicable to suites and above? 

34 minutes ago, joydivision84 said:

Sorry pal, last question, can you even buy the $500 cruisenext vouchers (for $250 each real money) and use x3 of them towards a balcony room? So $1500 total value for $750 real money.

Or are the $500 cruisenext vouchers only applicable to suites and above? 

Covered by the T&C's.. https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisenext

CruiseNext Deposits ($250 each) and CruiseNext Haven Deposits ($500 each) are valid for sailings of 3 days or longer. CruiseNext Haven Deposits act as the full deposit for all staterooms onboard qualified sailings. CruiseNext deposits act as a full deposit for rooms up to a Club Balcony or can be applied as partial deposit payment towards higher categories. Haven is not available on Sixthman events.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

Covered by the T&C's.. https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisenext

CruiseNext Deposits ($250 each) and CruiseNext Haven Deposits ($500 each) are valid for sailings of 3 days or longer. CruiseNext Haven Deposits act as the full deposit for all staterooms onboard qualified sailings. CruiseNext deposits act as a full deposit for rooms up to a Club Balcony or can be applied as partial deposit payment towards higher categories. Haven is not available on Sixthman events.

GAME CHANGER. I did not know this - I had switched to primarily waiting to buy Cruise First when the $500 certs were on sale.  It never occurred to me to even check if Haven Deposits were applicable to any stateroom. 

That is good information - thank you so much for posting that!

Now I'm wondering why they don't focus on this as a selling point?

• Like 1

On my last cruise, we cruised in the Haven and purchased $2,000 in CruiseNext certificates for $1,000, and each certificate was worth $250. I was at guest services, not the Haven concierge, and the guy there did not say anything about CruiseNext Haven certificates. I didn't know they existed. Had I know, I would have absolutely purchased certificates in $500 increments instead.

Are CruiseNext Haven certificates values doubled like they are for regular CruiseNext certificates? If so, is there a limit to that? And if I had purchased those instead of regular CN certificates, I could've put $1500 towards our upcoming Haven cruise rather than $750?

42 minutes ago, hallux said:

Oh my! I didn't know that the CruiseNext Haven dertificates could be used on non-Haven rooms! I see it in the T&C, but I'm wondering if this is new since it's the first I've heard of it. This would make it better to buy the $500 certificates. Anyone have experience of this? On non-Haven bookings, that is.

18 hours ago, rootsmith said:

No, I just tried to apply a 3rd CN certificate to a booking that is not fully paid for but the booking was made on 11/7 and the Triple Up Promo starts 11/8

My TA* just got back to me and said that NCL told him that because the booking was made before 11/8, I can't apply a third CN certificate. At least I was able to apply two when we booked, so there's that.

*He's super knowledgeable and has a good relationship with NCL, so I trust him.

1 minute ago, rbxlady said:

My TA* just got back to me and said that NCL told him that because the booking was made before 11/8, I can't apply a third CN certificate. At least I was able to apply two when we booked, so there's that.

Interesting - others had already-booked cruises that they were able to apply a 3rd to...

8 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Well, I was able to apply the third certificate to four bookings that were originally booked in February 2022.   And as others have states, they were able apply third certificates also to cruises already booked.   If you want the third certificate to apply, I would just go online and apply it yourself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Those are the official rules, but that’s not the way it works in practice.  Do it yourself.  Go to your account and make a payment. The option is there to use a CN.  I did it this summer for a cruise that had been booked for months.  Trust us, it works.  Just try it.

• Like 1