triple up sale

debnjoe1438

3 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

My TA* just got back to me and said that NCL told him that because the booking was made before 11/8, I can't apply a third CN certificate. At least I was able to apply two when we booked, so there's that.

*He's super knowledgeable and has a good relationship with NCL, so I trust him.

Unfortunately he is incorrect, although you aren't the first one to post that their TA says no. Maybe it's a TA issue, because anyone who has booked through NCL has been able to add 3 - you just make a payment, no need to call NCL and ask permission. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Those are the official rules, but that’s not the way it works in practice.  Do it yourself.  Go to your account and make a payment. The option is there to use a CN.  I did it this summer for a cruise that had been booked for months.  Trust us, it works.  Just try it.

When I log on to the NCL site, I can see the cruise there, but I don't see any way to make a payment on it or otherwise apply a CN. I have clicked all over the site and in the app, and everything I've paid for is there, but zero option to pay NCL directly.

4 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

When I log on to the NCL site, I can see the cruise there, but I don't see any way to make a payment on it or otherwise apply a CN. I have clicked all over the site and in the app, and everything I've paid for is there, but zero option to pay NCL directly.

If you use a TA, you can only make payments through them AFAIK.

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

If you use a TA, you can only make payments through them AFAIK.

That's what I suspected. I have booked without a TA before and have never seen the options to pay buried. I'm just going to have to push my TA to ask someone else because apparently YMMV depending on who you talk to. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

4 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

That's what I suspected. I have booked without a TA before and have never seen the options to pay buried. I'm just going to have to push my TA to ask someone else because apparently YMMV depending on who you talk to. Thanks!

I’ve never used an outside TA.  I book through CAS and have always made my payments directly on the site.  Maybe there is a difference.  Wish I was more help!

5 hours ago, hallux said:

No, see the table on the CN site - 

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

So, regarding the Haven $500 certificates, they are at cost? As in, you pay $500 on board for one, you get a $500 certificate? I presumed it doubled up, ie. they cost you $250 for a $500 certificate and you can buy maximum x amount, and put x3 of them towards a future cruise, so $1500. Christ, I am confused and embarrassed to admit that.

Am I reading the comments right, where people were excited then disappointed after looking at the table you posted. For such a at first simple sounding concept, it sure is needlessly complex.

11 minutes ago, joydivision84 said:

So, regarding the Haven $500 certificates, they are at cost? As in, you pay $500 on board for one, you get a $500 certificate? I presumed it doubled up, ie. they cost you $250 for a $500 certificate and you can buy maximum x amount, and put x3 of them towards a future cruise, so $1500. Christ, I am confused and embarrassed to admit that.

Am I reading the comments right, where people were excited then disappointed after looking at the table you posted. For such a at first simple sounding concept, it sure is needlessly complex.

Yep.  So I can pay $500 and get $250 back or I can pay $1000 and get $250 back.  Why would anybody in their right mind buy the Haven CN?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rbxlady said:

When there was a DU promo on any room, my TA was able to find the CN on my account and apply it without calling NCL. He said he'd try it and see if it'd go through, but there was a chance it wouldn't. My guess is he's used to dealing with rolling CN offers. So just ask your TA to humor you to see what happens. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  So I can pay $500 and get $250 back or I can pay $1000 and get $250 back.  Why would anybody in their right mind buy the Haven CN?

I’ve never used them myself (don’t book Haven), but I think it may be something to do with needing the higher value to

cover the deposit, which is a lot higher for the haven.

I could be wrong though.

18 hours ago, julig22 said:

Unfortunately he is incorrect, although you aren't the first one to post that their TA says no. Maybe it's a TA issue, because anyone who has booked through NCL has been able to add 3 - you just make a payment, no need to call NCL and ask permission. 

I asked and was told no, it had to be before Nov 8th, that start date of the promo.  So i guess it depends on who you ask

On 11/8/2023 at 6:18 PM, vacation44 said:

I was able to apply the third one to four existing reservations this morning.

Unbelievable.  In my case, I wasnt able to apply one to a booking before Nov 8th.  The *actual* reason was that it was a studio I had. That is okay. The fact that the reason I was given was that the booking happened before Nov 8th was no okay, it was untrue apparently from experiences on here.  A case of someone thinking they know something but dont

On 11/8/2023 at 9:51 PM, carohs said:

This is interesting. I wonder how the expiration date change will affect the resale market on CN? I'm sure it only helps NCL as people hold on to them hoping to use them but then never get around to it. 

That may be the reason for the change to no expiration date.  No rush to get rid of them, hold on to them, forget you have them,  they dont get used but you paid for them.  Add it to the list of ways to screw the customer (that isnt dishonest but the end effect is the same)

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:49 PM, Smitheroo said:

No, I just tried to apply a 3rd CN certificate to a booking that is not fully paid for but the booking was made on 11/7 and the Triple Up Promo starts 11/8

I just want to add that the *real* reason I couldnt apply it in this case was the fact I booked a studio.  But the reason I was *told* was because it was initially booked before 7/8.   

On 11/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, vacation44 said:

I would go online and apply it yourself.  The promotion does state on new bookings only; however, that is not the case.   

Thanks, I would do that. However the real reason in my case I couldnt do it was because my booking was for a studio. That's a legitimate reason. The reason I was given was the date

18 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

Those are the official rules, but that’s not the way it works in practice.  Do it yourself.  Go to your account and make a payment. The option is there to use a CN.  I did it this summer for a cruise that had been booked for months.  Trust us, it works.  Just try it.

I just want to say that you have such a nice way of writing that doesnt  make  one feel  stupid.  

19 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

Next time buy 8 !!!  But dont fall for any free money gimmick lol

Will do that next month.  I thought four would be plenty since I was getting back on a ship in six weeks.  I didn’t expect to book two cruises in that time period, much less having a triple up offer pop up!  Live and learn.  Just hoping this one gets extended or they have another one before final payment in February!

And yeah, I really hate the way they market these things.  But it’s a good product.  I always try to keep some in the bank.  But my calculus was wrong this time.  😢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

❤️. Thank you!  I see no need to be confrontational.  In most cases.  😂

I think in many cases the person might not even realize their style of writing might be inflammatory. But the end result is the same as it were.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why can't you use a CN for a studio?

You can, but not for the promo in effect at the time I wanted to use it  When I purchased them I was allowed to use 2 on any cabin.  When I got around to booking, it was for balcony and up

Edited by Smitheroo