Diamond Level for Both People

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've wanted to do twister, ever since carnival bought it but now rcl offers it with a beach break. Lol I dont own a bathing suit, but signed up for it, though it's not on cozumel,,but that stop. Doing that may 6 on mariner. 25% off .. missed the 30% off. I really just wanted twister lol. 

The bees are combined with chocolate and tequila tasting I'm good with. I'm a kid at heart. Doesnt actually say where we go to see these bees. Its booked nov 26, so very soon. I bet your grands would like it except for the tequila. Idk. Something new.

Take a part in a Tequila tasting and learn about the making of this traditional Mexican beverage. Head towards the Mayan Bee Sanctuary and discover the importance the sacred stingless Melipona Bees had in the Mayan culture. Open your eyes to a new landscape surrounded by lush vegetation and a small cenote as the bees interact in their natural space. Not only are Melipona bees essential for the pollination of crops and environmental balance but also key to Mayan traditions and beliefs. Learn about the benefits and properties of the bee’s marvelous golden liquid in its different presentations as you enjoy a small tasting.

Duration
4hr

I've been looking for something different in Cozumel the stingless bee's sound very interesting. I'm highly allergic to bee stings so while searching excursions I probably stopped reading once I saw the word bees.  Please post when you get back I would be interested in hearing all about it, including what kind of transportation is used.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, js said:

Oh wow! I wasnt aware but this is fabulous news! Thank you so much!

Yes we will. However, I will still be getting the alcohol package but my dh may not now and he can use the vouvhers and get the soda package. 

Thank you both!

They may not allow the soda pkg. Let us know. The refreshment pkg is not the soda pkg. Its mocktails, coffee and all the other stuff, just no alcohol. 

54 minutes ago, js said:

Oh wow! I wasnt aware but this is fabulous news! Thank you so much!

Yes we will. However, I will still be getting the alcohol package but my dh may not now and he can use the vouvhers and get the soda package. 

Thank you both!

I am pretty DH can't get the soda package, needs to refreshment which includes water, coffee, mocktails, etc.  I drink a lot of bottled water so works for us when I find a good deal, lowest I have seen, a while ago, was 19.99 a day for resfreshment but have seen in the $30+ range, just keep watching.  

6 hours ago, js said:

I'm Diamond, haven't sailed RCCL since 2018 (but now booked Odyssey) and usually sail NCL (Platinum) but I'm honestly asking why you would take a cruise just to reach the Diamond status.

I don't really see any perk in being Diamond with exception of maybe getting into a lounge. Diamond on RCCL doesn't even get you a free specialty meal.

You might feel differently if you ever get to Diamond. 

17 minutes ago, doghog said:

@js. Never mind. For us reaching Diamond was better than reaching Diamond+ and we still enjoy the DL/CL. 

Yes thank you. I wasnt aware until today about the drink vouchers. That is a plus and hoping to try the lounge on Odyssey. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:58 PM, js said:

I'm Diamond, haven't sailed RCCL since 2018 (but now booked Odyssey) and usually sail NCL (Platinum) but I'm honestly asking why you would take a cruise just to reach the Diamond status.

I don't really see any perk in being Diamond with exception of maybe getting into a lounge. Diamond on RCCL doesn't even get you a free specialty meal.

Honestly, It's something I've been working towards since I first started cruising. I set a goal for myself and want to achieve it. The 'status' of diamond doesn't really matter to me. It's the effort I put into getting there that matters to me. 

Plus, the 4 drinks each day I'll receive will make a difference, won't need a drink package again since we don't drink much. 

On 11/9/2023 at 8:24 PM, akcruz said:

I am pretty DH can't get the soda package, needs to refreshment which includes water, coffee, mocktails, etc.  I drink a lot of bottled water so works for us when I find a good deal, lowest I have seen, a while ago, was 19.99 a day for resfreshment but have seen in the $30+ range, just keep watching.  

Thank you. So I will need to figure out what the difference between the refreshment package vs alcohol and determine if my dh would be close to filling that gap after 8 vouchers a day. If its close or somewhat close, we will just both get the alcohol package. Thank you for the clarification. 

58 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Honestly, It's something I've been working towards since I first started cruising. I set a goal for myself and want to achieve it. The 'status' of diamond doesn't really matter to me. It's the effort I put into getting there that matters to me. 

Plus, the 4 drinks each day I'll receive will make a difference, won't need a drink package again since we don't drink much. 

That is great and congratulations!!! We love cruising. Been cruising for just a little over 30 years and it’s always one of our best trips!!! Enjoy!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you. So I will need to figure out what the difference between the refreshment package vs alcohol and determine if my dh would be close to filling that gap after 8 vouchers a day. If its close or somewhat close, we will just both get the alcohol package. Thank you for the clarification. 

Just a heads up that the beverage packages most likely will be over $80 a day per person by the time the %20 grats are added. It's not the old days of sub $50 beverage packages.