Cunarder Winter 2023

North West Newbie

Just now, exlondoner said:

Well, there you are. More favouritism for US passengers. 😀  I can’t swear I didn’t, though I don’t think I did. 

You guys got one too. There was an article about that famous UK chef setting up QA pub menu. 

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I have just had one too. I think it is my first since Covid.

I think you may have received the Summer 2023 Cunarder based on this reply from April 27 on the earlier "Cunarder Summer 2023 thread".

If the timing is similar to last time, those of us in the US can expect this latest Cunarder Winter 2023 issue in about a month.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I think you may have received the Summer 2023 Cunarder based on this reply from April 27 on the earlier "Cunarder Summer 2023 thread".

If the timing is similar to last time, those of us in the US can expect this latest Cunarder Winter 2023 issue in about a month.

Well, that obviously made a deep impression. Oh dear. Next, I’ll be swearing I’ve never been on a Cunard ship, despite evidence to the contrary. Apologies all round. BTW, I really haven’t had a yearbook since Covid, I’ve just checked.

Apologies again.

Redfaced of Bournemouth

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, NE John said:

Can you open that file? Was it too big to send?

I was able to open your attachment. Is there a link to it online? Just wondering if they've posted the Winter one yet and a link to the Summer one might help find the Winter one if they have posted it.

35 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I was able to open your attachment. Is there a link to it online? Just wondering if they've posted the Winter one yet and a link to the Summer one might help find the Winter one if they have posted it.

Here's the link https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/cunarder/0893CNM_CUNARD_WINTER_2023_Single_pages.pdf

• Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Good to hear that the attachment opens. 
I downloaded to my files, I believe, as part of a Cunard email. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, techteach said:

Maybe @majortom10 took those speed reading courses back in the 70’s @Victoria2.

Ooops

Sorry for this  majortom10

techteach,I got called out by some for expressing similar thoughts earlier on in the year. Our copy arrived yesterday, my opinions haven't changed and I'm sorry my poor attempts at ironic humour failed miserably. 🙁

9 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Ooops

Sorry for this  majortom10

techteach,I got called out by some for expressing similar thoughts earlier on in the year. Our copy arrived yesterday, my opinions haven't changed and I'm sorry my poor attempts at ironic humour failed miserably. 🙁

And that was me !  I see I haven't been able to convince you they'll be collector items in a couple of years,  you should be passing them onto your family.

I noticed Cunard Diamond Pins at £50 on eBay the other week 😅 

4 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

And that was me !  I see I haven't been able to convince you they'll be collector items in a couple of years,  you should be passing them onto your family.

I noticed Cunard Diamond Pins at £50 on eBay the other week 😅 

Hmm. I have beautiful Cunard 90s world cruises memorabilia from my parents, really beautiful glassware, porcelain plates, 'carved' Chinese scenes enclosed in glass with the World Cruise dinner menu printed on the glass... I call those collector items.  I think I'll be dead and underground before my copy of the magazine becomes anything near a collectors item.

For fun, I've just looked at ebay. I don't think I'll be dining out on the proceeds of selling my Diamond pin, especially as it's strung up as a Christmas tree decoration. 🙂

• Haha 1

Not sure how long it will take for the items to reach a huge price, but I most definitely know there is a growing interest in all Cunard things

both sides of the pond, I m talking UK and USA, which is what I have good knowledge of it.

We have always been interested in Queen Mary's history in all her incarnations as both members of my family and my in laws had served/worked on board at some point.

A few years ago, Patricia V. Davis, a USA writer, did a trilogy novel, Secret Spice Cafe Trilogy : book 1 Cooking for Ghosts, book 2 Spells & Oregano, book 3 Demons, well Seasoned.

The whole thing happens on board of Queen Mary which is docked in California, The Secret Spice Cafe is a fictionary (not sure it is the right word?) restaurant, the owners and workers live in the ship. 

We saw a lot of people in social media started to be curious about British ships in general.

The fact that so many personalities and entertainment people have sailed in Cunard's ships also is an attraction for young and not so young these days as "vintage" is trend.

My daughter mentioned that some of her friends watching the Now & Then- Beatles documentary - mentioned Paul Mc Cartney talking about Queen Elizabeth when considering staging one recording on a ship, and there is a couple of minutes video of a Cunard ship (not sure if QE, but definitely a Cunard ship), apparently some of her friends asked her about the experience we had on board in September after watching that....  

Also, judging by the prices I was able to sell some of my clothes from the 70s & 80s.....  @Victoria2 maybe right and we wont see the items reach a good price in our life time...but I think my daughter will.... thing is, the way we hoard on memorabilia (well, anything, really, specially me, I am sooooo hard to part with stuff that has some significance, I scrapbook, also have proven that old clothes of mine my daughter hated at 14, she now treasures and she is on her way to being the extreme hoarder I am LOL....) not sure she will sell all we collected from Cunard! 😁

Edited by MrsPeel55
typos
  • Like 1

not sure she will sell all we collected from Cunard! 😁

I wouldn't dream of selling any of our Cunard mementoes. I will eventually give them away, and have already done so with a few pieces but mementoes are very personal it depends on the proposed recipient's interest as to whether they would like to receive them.

Apart from two model ships of QV, pre and post stern mauling, and teddy bears, oh and the Diamond loyalty pins I have none of the bumf acquired on our Cunard cruises, but I do have some of my parents collection.

As my son has been motion sickness ill on all the ships he's cruised on with us, from the age of four to first year at college, he hasn't the slightest interest in Cunard or any vehicle involving sea travel!

I shall have to find a suitable recipient who will value them and not take them to a charity shop.

• Like 1

@Victoria2 agree 100% 

I will take a photo of all the stuff we brought back with us (and have no intention of getting rid of!!!) .... we maybe only silver but the love for Cunard is strong, my daughter especially fell in love with Queen Victoria, we both are emotional and attached to little things that, like you well mention, may not mean anything to others... but even with valuable stuff.... my husband has the complete collection of Sandman comics, all in their original protective bags, which he always said would be for our daughter...when she was going to Uni, some of her friends suggested she could sell the collection....she didn't want to.

My mum has the sea travel the other way around... she loved the sea and they cruised quite a lot with my dad, these days (she is 87 and not in very good health) she refuses to step into anything that goes in the water!