Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

2 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Is that "basic" service, and are there speed upgrades available?

"Speed upgrade?" Nope.   You just pay approx 10USD/day to get access to streaming.  NOT any faster so don't waste your money if hoping for "speed."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Hence, the problem.  With the pricing model,  most folks expect more consistently between the cruises and ships, at least as it relates to service, food, etc.   

This always begs the question that there's a price point at which people shouldn't expect consistency. 

21 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

Hi DeepFreeze, wondering about the nightlight you mentioned.  That blue entryway light, is it really bright?  Like, bring an eye mask bright?  Is it automatically/permanently on, or do we have the option to turn it off?

Thanks,

Ellen

You have the option of turning it off.  It is one of the many switches by the bed.  Just ask your room attendant.

A few issues

minor but worth mentioning

the two night tables next to the bed are ridiculously small 

I would guess 14 inch diameter with a 8 inch diameter table lamp eating up most the space. The 2 drawers are tiny. Hard to fit a book inside 

while the design of the ship is superb I don’t understand why the folks who select furnishings don’t understand storage needs. The tables are for a doll house. There’s plenty of room for larger more useful tables. 

the master bath is great

fabulous shower

tons of storage

two issues

there is a scale. Lol

the huge tub has the controls on the rear inside against the wall. You have to get in the tub to turn on the water. Ridiculous. 

small nitpicky things I noticed do not remotely affect our enjoyment 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

GMIAC - Hi.  That is for "basic service". Regards

Correct - there is no high-speed option. There is an option for "streaming" but all that does is prioritizes your request for data and pushes everyone else to the back of the line.

Took Regent Choice excursion to Sevilla. Pricey but worth it to DW and I as a great 1st visit. Nice bus; 25 guests, good guide (on the talkative side); scrumptuous multi-course lunch at nice Tapas Bar (with free flowing wine)  on a cool, cloudy, long (8 hours) day.

Of course, the venue is magnificent!!! Eye candy buildings and decorations everywhere. Walked at 10,000 steps but only a few vertically.

As usual, the terrific Regent beds let me recover so no aches (legs or head) this AM.

9 hours ago, bitob said:

Production show outstanding

dancers and choreography amazing

the 2 female singers were the stars 

On Navigator now. Production cast is the best we have ever seen in 20+ cruises. Dance choreography and voices are exceptional. 

38 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Oh great,a blue jeans no holes theme evening.

Any hats?

No baseball caps. But one guy who apparently is in early stages of dementia wearing a hat with ear flaps

Just now, Kwaj girl said:

I'll be st the 1015am Officers vs Guests Baggo!

I’ll be at lecture. I’m sitting in coffee connections now

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, imcpa said:

I assume you are also on the christening cruise.  

The christening takes place in Miami. There is a 5 day break between this cruise and the next (we have a great 5 days planned with friends and relatives). My ta and vips will be on board during the 5 days. We are not vips