Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

Had a great time on our unexpected seaday! Two lectures (morning and afternoon) by Dr. Sherry _______, a cultural preservation expert and a GREAT presenter.  Also watched another of the new Regent/PBS videos on the suite TV - there are 12 - essentially  very interesting and educational travelogues.

Had lunch in Prime 7 and tried one of the new "decadent" (Regent's adjective) courses - the best fried chicken that I've had in a while - comes with creamy mashed potatoes topped with bacon specks and leeks. Prime7 decor is different than that of Splendor - more inviting and relaxing for me.

Trivia in OL which handles crowds very well and chairs not as heavy as on Splendor and Explorer.

Our team got "skunked"; suffered a multi-part question (and points) about Shakespeare's plays!

Attended the 4th of the four new production numbers - another WOW! The cast of 4 singers and 8 dancers is, for me, the best in our 25 Regent cruises. Also they have been rehearsing these numbers for 4 months.

Automatic doors from Pool Grill to La Verandah appear to be fixed; not sure about doors to restrooms. Suite clocks "Haven't yet arrived" - not a big deal for me as I could never read them at night. In addition to the blue nightlight in the entryway, the suite bathroom now have an under-the counter light (subdued but adequate)that remains on when the suite is powered - very helpful for late night visits.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mrlevin said:

No Christmas decorations on Grandeur until 14 December; Miami doesn’t want any Christmas decorations in any of the “Christening” photos. 

It's probably a good idea to wait until Grandeur gets to Miami.  Last fall on Splendor, the decorations were shipped and didn't make it to Barcelona before the Atlantic crossing, so no decorations were put up until after we got off in Miami on Dec. 2.  A production crew came onboard in San Juan and were disappointed they weren't able to get video of the directions being put up.   

2 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Had lunch in Prime 7 and tried one of the new "decadent" (Regent's adjective) courses - the best fried chicken that I've had in a while - comes with creamy mashed potatoes topped with bacon specks and leeks. Prime7 decor is different than that of Splendor - more inviting and relaxing for me.

Attended the 4th of the four new production numbers - another WOW! The cast of 4 singers and 8 dancers is, for me, the best in our 25 Regent cruises. Also they have been rehearsing these numbers for 4 months.

@DeepFreeze63--Thanks for all the great first hand info, I'm loving the details!  To the extent you can tell, do you think this is what we can expect over the next year on the Grandeur...or is it just a 'pulling out all the stops' strategy for their first few cruises on their newest flagship?

We're not sailing her for another year, so I'm curious.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

@DeepFreeze63--Thanks for all the great first hand info, I'm loving the details!  To the extent you can tell, do you think this is what we can expect over the next year on the Grandeur...or is it just a 'pulling out all the stops' strategy for their first few cruises on their newest flagship?

We're not sailing her for another year, so I'm curious.

I expect my 2 Grandeur cruises in 2024  to be even better. The workmen will be gone; the "nits" fixed. The film crewS have already departed and the Card Room once FILLED with video/camera/equipment is now a lovely room that is FILLED with puzzles and games.

The Fabrege Egg has not yet appeared and its pedestal in the Reception area looks like a prop from a Tom Cruise spy film,

The new Production Cast numbers are permanent and the new menus are being "rolled-out" across the fleet.

• Like 2

We boarded yesterday. The ship is magnificent   
Compass Rose is just breathtaking 

we are in a Grandeur Suite.  Stunning. Only flaw is closet design.   One hanging rack is so low it’s only suitable for baby clothes. Another is blocked by shelving. Who designs these closets?  lol

0ur dinner in compass rose was outstanding. Food and service.

The artwork on the ship is incredible. 

I'm playing duplicate bridge today. It’s my addiction. That’s why I love sea days. 

fire away if you have questions. We are on this cruise and the 2 following the Miami christening 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

We boarded yesterday. The ship is magnificent   
Compass Rose is just breathtaking 

we are in a Grandeur Suite.  Stunning. Only flaw is closet design.   One hanging rack is so low it’s only suitable for baby clothes. Another is blocked by shelving. Who designs these closets?  lol

0ur dinner in compass rose was outstanding. Food and service.

The artwork on the ship is incredible. 

I'm playing duplicate bridge today. It’s my addiction. That’s why I love sea days. 

fire away if you have questions. We are on this cruise and the 2 following the Miami christening 

So, can I ask if your Grandeur Suite is on Deck 9 or 10, and if on 10, do you hear noise from the pool deck?   In September we were in 1011 on Explorer, which was under the smokers section of the pool deck and heard very little noise - but the caveat is it was an Alaska cruise and the pool deck was not really being used except by people walking from forward to La Veranda or Pool Grill.

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

I'd love to know more about the sea day activities, if you're able to post a daily?  Especially interested in any "special activities" that may happen... (What, exactly, I'm not sure lol.)

Speakers. Two excellent ones. Trivia. Bridge. Golf. Crafting. Dartball. blackjack tournament 

texas holdem. Baggo. Cooking classes. Jewelry presentations. Spa presentation  afternoon tea

wine presentation. Bingo

endless

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Bitob:

What brand is the hairdryer and what is the wattage?

It is a “Corby”. Never heard of it before.  No idea what the wattage is.  There is no tag on the cord. It is small and has a tight cord which means a short cord.  In my opinion, if you use a hair dryer a lot, you should bring your own.  This one is kind of small, only 1 setting (possibly two) and you have to keep the button pressed while using it.   This not a big deal to me as I only use it occasionally to get my hair damp, but if you use one for long or unruly hair or use it for styling, you probably want your own,    I must say that is the only negative on this ship in my opinion, and for me, not really a negative as i rarely use it.  The ship is beautiful, the towels are brand new and so soft and fluffy.  The food in every restaurant has been outstanding with outstanding service!

4 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Wow!  A  push-button hair dryer!!  Not even the moderately priced hotels have it any longer.  Thanks for sharing this information; of course I'll bring my own dryer.

I wonder if those are temporary as the other ships seem. all have Dyson dryers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bruce61 said:

I wonder if those are temporary as the other ships seem. all have Dyson dryers.

Believe in our GS on Splendor in April, it was a Dyson. Of course, with only having 6 hair to dry, a fly passing me at high speed would have got me done. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 11/25/2023 at 7:04 AM, DeepFreeze63 said:

Had a great time on our unexpected seaday! Two lectures (morning and afternoon) by Dr. Sherry _______, a cultural preservation expert and a GREAT presenter.  Also watched another of the new Regent/PBS videos on the suite TV - there are 12 - essentially  very interesting and educational travelogues.

Trivia in OL which handles crowds very well and chairs not as heavy as on Splendor and Explorer.

Our team got "skunked"; suffered a multi-part question (and points) about Shakespeare's plays!

Automatic doors from Pool Grill to La Verandah appear to be fixed; not sure about doors to restrooms. Suite clocks "Haven't yet arrived" - not a big deal for me as I could never read them at night. In addition to the blue nightlight in the entryway, the suite bathroom now have an under-the counter light (subdued but adequate)that remains on when the suite is powered - very helpful for late night visits.

Hi DeepFreeze, wondering about the nightlight you mentioned.  That blue entryway light, is it really bright?  Like, bring an eye mask bright?  Is it automatically/permanently on, or do we have the option to turn it off?

Thanks,

Ellen

58 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Wow!  A  push-button hair dryer!!  Not even the moderately priced hotels have it any longer.  Thanks for sharing this information; of course I'll bring my own dryer.

I have significant hand damage from an autoimmune disease.  There is NO WAY I could keep a button pressed to dry my hair.  That is ridiculous. ☹️

• Like 1