If you cruise Princess, take your own RATs

On 11/20/2023 at 12:01 PM, arxcards said:

Barb had a blocked ear from diving some years back, and the ship shop didn't have any drops so directed me to the medical centre. Wondering about how much this was going to set me back, I was charged $US12 for ear drops and a syringe/catheter as well as advice from the nurse. Fair to say I was rapped at how HAL Oosterdam handled it.

I suspect, in your case, if a doctor was called by the nurse you would then be hit with a consult fee.

This was explained to me when I walked into a glass door on X Solstice. I grazed my forehead so went to the sick bay thinking I should report any injury. The nurse explained that if I wanted it recorded she would have to call the doctor to have a look at it, log it and charge me USD100. If I let her look at the injury and slap a band aid on it, then there was no charge.

On 11/15/2023 at 3:56 PM, MicCanberra said:

Likewise, the library and hospitals have been giving them away, as they expire soon.

I'd ignore the expiry date. I checked the tests we have and the expiry date had been extended by a year. The manufacturer claimed they could even last longer as they weren't initially tested for longevity.

You should be able to continue using them till they start showing an error indication.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, colourbird said:

I'd ignore the expiry date. I checked the tests we have and the expiry date had been extended by a year. The manufacturer claimed they could even last longer as they weren't initially tested for longevity.

You should be able to continue using them till they start showing an error indication.

True the ones being given out here had a 6 month extension.

• Like 1