Fort Lauderdale hotels

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

8 hours ago, warf said:

I guess I waited to long to book a hotel in FLL for upcoming Feb 19th departure.  Riverside is $374 a night!

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port
1851 SE Tenth Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

thru Valuetrips for just under $300

I booked riverside back in august for about 260, early feb departure, shi% just keeps going up

9 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Thanks for that.  We are arriving the 17th, and for some strange reason, the senior discount goes away!!

The senior discount is still there, but unfortunately the regular price went up. There are six ships in port on the 18th and only 2 on your date (19th), so they can charge a premium for all those people arriving on the 17th for their cruise the next day. It’s going to be hard finding a bargain for that Saturday night.

IMG_3311.png

• Like 1

I just cancelled my Valuetrips booking  for $239. before taxes and did a members rate for $220 including taxes at Hyatt Place for Mar 3....every little bit helps.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

If you join Stash Rewards (free) the price comes down a little at the Riverside.

IMG_3312.png

Thank you, I booked using that

• Like 1

Thank you for all the reviews of Riverside. I canceled our ES rooms and made reservations at Riverside. It looks fantastic and we will have 24hrs at the hotel so a lot to do to take the time. We got a fantastic rate since we are coming in June. 
Taxi or Uber? There are 4 people with at least 6 suitcases so a suv or van will probably be needed.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any recent experience with the Hyatt Place hotel shuttle between the airport and hotel and back?  When I read hotel reviews on line for Ft Lauderdale almost all hotels seem to have terrible shuttle service.  I hope things are not as bad as people say.

45 minutes ago, nanrandy said:

When I read hotel reviews on line for Ft Lauderdale almost all hotels seem to have terrible shuttle service.  I hope things are not as bad as people say.

This was a big complaint in the reviews for the Homewood Suites that we booked as well - some people saying that no shuttle came in a 2 hour window. I also really hope it isn't that bad. I feel like for almost $400/night, the shuttle should run often & reliably! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nanrandy said:

Does anyone have any recent experience with the Hyatt Place hotel shuttle between the airport and hotel and back?  When I read hotel reviews on line for Ft Lauderdale almost all hotels seem to have terrible shuttle service.  I hope things are not as bad as people say.

I used the one at the Hyatt House from Dania Beach and it was fine except for the fact the driver was expected to take shuttle requests himself while driving.

On 1/12/2024 at 5:05 PM, nanrandy said:

I do not have a recent stay with them, but 1 year ago. You call the shuttle once you have your bags and it usually takes them 15 min to get to the airport. Hotel is 3 miles away ,but he might have just left the airport, so round trip with drop of can take 20 min or so. They do charge $ 9 p.p. If you do not want to wait get in a Cab and make sure they turn on the meter. If not tell them to stop and let you out. Metered fare is $14-16 depending on stop lights. Uber or lift is not much cheaper than a cab. We have been to this hotel about 8 times in the past 10 years. We love it.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, turnin50 said:

I've just spotted The Riverside online, have stayed at the Hilton Marina a couple times in the past but I like what the Riverside looks like (at least on their website) and the price is reasonable for Oct 2024. Is it close enough to airport and cruiseport to make it worthwhile?

The Hilton Marina is a nice hotel, but higher prices, breakfast is not included, the buffet comes to $70.00 for two people with gratuity added.

14 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

The Hilton Marina is a nice hotel, but higher prices, breakfast is not included, the buffet comes to $70.00 for two people with gratuity added.

Thanks yeah we've stayed at the Hilton twice before love the location buyt wanted to stay somewhere different this time, so we ended up choosing Riverside for 2 nights before the cruise and Hyatt Place for 1 night after. Tons of people have recommended those two so I'm happy with those choices.

Looking at staying at the hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port pre cruise and taking the shuttle to the ship.  

Anyone have any experiences there ?  was the shuttle booked or just line up ?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Ft Lauderdale 17th St?  Haven’t sailed out of this port in many years and wanted something with shuttle from airport/to port and  within walking distance of liquor store and restaurants.  Since Embassy Suites seems to be not a good choice, this was in the same general area.   Paid a little over $300 but that’s for 4 of us in a double room.  Did I make a decent choice?  Is there something better that offers same?

Also, second question, how is everyone getting to the airport after getting off this ship?  Just taking taxis or Uber?  thanks for the help!

On 1/16/2024 at 9:37 AM, Scott6428 said:

Looking at staying at the hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port pre cruise and taking the shuttle to the ship.  

Anyone have any experiences there ?  was the shuttle booked or just line up ?

Thanks!

The one on Stirling?  I would avoid.  I used to stay at the hotel next door and both have gone way way down hill.  Read the current reviews on Trip Advisor.  For a similar cost, you can stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port which is pretty much across the street.  

49 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

17th Street HI express is ok. Gonna be fine for a day or two pre/post cruise and it is within walking distance for things . Harbour Cafe is a nice inexpensive place for breakfast or lunch 

We agree. Was there for 1 night about 6 years ago.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:26 PM, Ashland said:

Try Hyatt Place...great location and good rates booking with ValueTrips.

Rates are available for this year dates and 2024 rates should come out soon.

I have no prior experience with Value Trips.  Is it safe and reliable?

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express 17th street. Everything is walkable including the port.  Grocery stores, Total Wine, Walgreens, Starbucks, and restaurants.  We always walk to the port. Very easy to do. 

11 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

I have no prior experience with Value Trips.  Is it safe and reliable?

Value Trips gets overwhelmingly good reviews here but a recent one (post #40) on

might be concerning.

• 4 weeks later...