Fort Lauderdale hotels

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I feel it was dated,

like most of the Ft Lauderdale hotels we have stayed in around 17th and the harbor shops area. However, it was clean and the service was good.  It was over $350 a night, ridiculous.  

It may have been updated by

now, so I’d check the recent reviews.

According to some recent guests it has not.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:26 PM, BlueHerons said:

The Riverside Hotel.

I've just spotted The Riverside online, have stayed at the Hilton Marina a couple times in the past but I like what the Riverside looks like (at least on their website) and the price is reasonable for Oct 2024. Is it close enough to airport and cruiseport to make it worthwhile?

7 hours ago, turnin50 said:

Is it close enough to airport and cruiseport to make it worthwhile?

If I remember correctly, it was $15-20 to Uber from FLL to the Riverside on Los Olas.  In my opinion, a much better location than the Marina.  It is also located on the Water Taxi route. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

If I remember correctly, it was $15-20 to Uber from FLL to the Riverside on Los Olas.  In my opinion, a much better location than the Marina.  It is also located on the Water Taxi route. 

Thank you! It def looks like a good option the Hilton Marina is over double the price 

We usually stay at the Hyatt Place Convention Center near the piers.  After a recent stay there and one at Hyatt House in Dania Beach, we now will go with Hyatt House.  More updated, better shuttle service, better free breakfast and nicer rooms.  Plus less expensive!

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 6:43 PM, Ashland said:

Look at the reviews of ES...it's gone down hill. We used to stay there a few years ago but not any longer. Hyatt Place (our now preferred) is also a great location which actually sits just behind ES.

You are right about the Embassy on 17th Street.  

We used to stay there all the time but the last time we were there it was in terrible need of refurbishing and we will not stay there again until it is redone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Capt Krunch said:

You are right about the Embassy on 17th Street.  

We used to stay there all the time but the last time we were there it was in terrible need of refurbishing and we will not stay there again until it is redone.

Embassy Suites was shabby when I last stayed there in 2012!  I understand that it has not been renovated since then!!   It's a shame because it has a great location and cute pool area. 

Riverside is my "Go To" hotel now in Ft. Lauderdale. About $20 Taxi or Uber to the port.

~Nancy

• Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, turnin50 said:

I've just spotted The Riverside online, have stayed at the Hilton Marina a couple times in the past but I like what the Riverside looks like (at least on their website) and the price is reasonable for Oct 2024. Is it close enough to airport and cruiseport to make it worthwhile?

We've stayed there numerous times and love the location.  Very close to both. We did take a taxi from the hotel to the port in the morning. Very short ride.  We will most likely be staying there in September again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

We've stayed there numerous times and love the location.  Very close to both. We did take a taxi from the hotel to the port in the morning. Very short ride.  We will most likely be staying there in September again.

Thank you! As soon as we decide on how many pre-cruise nights we're staying I'm gonna book it!

On 12/14/2023 at 11:08 AM, DaveOKC said:

We usually stay at the Hyatt Place Convention Center near the piers.  After a recent stay there and one at Hyatt House in Dania Beach, we now will go with Hyatt House.  More updated, better shuttle service, better free breakfast and nicer rooms.  Plus less expensive!

Not sure how it is less expensive, for May 30, 31 it is $246 a night. Hyatt Place is $109, and $119 thru Valuetrips.

We stayed at Hyatt Place pre cruise in October, and again post cruise in November; always felt safe at all hours. The market area has everything: Publix, Total wine, TJ Max, Duffy’s(sports bar), Joe’s Place(diner) Chinese, Mexican, Firehouse Subs, Gilbert’s(burgers +).

Hal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Not sure how it is less expensive, for May 30, 31 it is $246 a night. Hyatt Place is $109, and $119 thru Valuetrips.

It depends on the season - In the peak cruising period Hyatt House is normally less expensive, sometimes hundreds of dollars less.

We stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th street last week between 2 cruises and really enjoyed it. Would definitely stay there again.

Cab driver tried to scam us to the hotel from port but it was only a 12$ lyft ride back to port. About a 10 min ride to the port. They do offer a shuttle servixe for 12$ person. 

Hotel was clean and in good shape. They were renovating a lot of rooms while we were there. Free Breakfast was quite good. Evening reception with snacks and 2 free drinks. 

Lots of places to shop and eat around there and had no issues walking around with our 2 kids. 

• Like 4

On 12/15/2023 at 1:16 AM, oakridger said:

Embassy Suites was shabby when I last stayed there in 2012!  I understand that it has not been renovated since then!!   It's a shame because it has a great location and cute pool area. 

Riverside is my "Go To" hotel now in Ft. Lauderdale. About $20 Taxi or Uber to the port.

~Nancy

Thats really sad, we stayed there about the same time ( give or take a few years ) and the rooms really needed renovated. Lobby was nice and its in a great location . We have an ES nearby in Destin Fl and its exactly the same shape.

1 hour ago, Dothan1952 said:

Thats really sad, we stayed there about the same time ( give or take a few years ) and the rooms really needed renovated. Lobby was nice and its in a great location . We have an ES nearby in Destin Fl and its exactly the same shape.

Read post above #41. Maybe they are renovating? 

ES is crowded, elevators are very, very slow. Breakfast is a long line 50 people plus. Managers reception is BUD beer and cheap wine, pretzels, popcorn, ect. Rooms are very dated, ours was dirty in the bath room. Had to stay there because our go to hotel was sold out, Hyatt Place se 10th street behind ES.We have stayed in almost every hotel on 17th. St. in past 15 years and Es would be our last choice. 

17 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

ES is crowded, elevators are very, very slow. Breakfast is a long line 50 people plus. Managers reception is BUD beer and cheap wine, pretzels, popcorn, ect. Rooms are very dated, ours was dirty in the bath room. Had to stay there because our go to hotel was sold out, Hyatt Place se 10th street behind ES.We have stayed in almost every hotel on 17th. St. in past 15 years and Es would be our last choice. 

Was this a recent stay? TIA

On 12/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, Mikamarii said:

We stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th street last week between 2 cruises and really enjoyed it. Would definitely stay there again.

Cab driver tried to scam us to the hotel from port but it was only a 12$ lyft ride back to port. About a 10 min ride to the port. They do offer a shuttle servixe for 12$ person. 

Hotel was clean and in good shape. They were renovating a lot of rooms while we were there. Free Breakfast was quite good. Evening reception with snacks and 2 free drinks. 

Lots of places to shop and eat around there and had no issues walking around with our 2 kids. 

We've stayed there several times and always enjoyed the stay.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, Mikamarii said:

Bolding is mine.  That’s good to hear.  Thank you.  We used to stay there and enjoyed it very much.  I think because of weather, a lot of the hotels in FLL take a beating and need updating quite quickly.  I noticed reviews on the Hyatt said it needed updating too.

Stayed at all of them on 17th St...Hotel Maren (on the beach)  is a very nice facility. I'm diamond with Hilton so I tend to stay at their facilities.  ES is my favorite location BUT as others have said  it needs a face lift badly ...if I'm staying one night any on 17 are fine  but if it's a few days Hotel Maren is our go to ...good luck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1