Explora 17 November - 6 December

uktog

13 hours ago, Tyler919 said:

Could someone aboard, upon receiving your disembark information, share the particulars, i.e. Time must be out of stateroom, all must be off ship time, and restaurants operating for breakfast in Bridgetown Barbados?  We will be disembarking there on  the 6th and hoping for apples to apple planning notes.  TIA

For our recent cruise, cabins had to be vacated by 8am. Had to be off by 9.30. Emporium open till 9, not sure about Fil Rouge. Crema also open.

23 minutes ago, frankhi said:

It seems from pictures and videos that OT's don't have a "desk". (a space in the counter with a chair or stool convenient for laptop use). Is that correct?

You could use the dressing area and chair that’s been fine here though the lights not good. The balcony table works very well 

22 minutes ago, frankhi said:

It seems from pictures and videos that OT's don't have a "desk". (a space in the counter with a chair or stool convenient for laptop use). Is that correct?

Correct, although there is a separate table with a (too low !) stool in space between hanging clothes and bathroom. There is also a table in front of the sofa which I used for my ipad and would also work for a laptop.

We don’t have a stool in an OT4 we have a chair with a back and a very helpful leather pull handle which makes it easy to manoeuvre. It’s a really comfortable chair - I can’t do low seating but have no issues with this chair 

51 minutes ago, frankhi said:

There is no dedicated desk space. However there are areas that could be used for this purpose: desk/vanity in the walk-in closet, coffee table and table on the veranda. 

An excellent “excursion” ok can’t remember the silly lingo in Guadeloupe - the Death in Paradise tour. We even saw Neville and he waved to us but I was too slow with the camera 😂😂

But plenty time at the Police Station IMG_2536.thumb.jpeg.d65ccce1e9f3d9dc9efeb8bb388e05d6.jpeg

IMG_2529.thumb.jpeg.9f822c2456efc6ec3f2f5412d0be1b86.jpeg

IMG_2525.thumb.jpeg.bd3b63a27636af04eb23ee5ab0780017.jpeg

IMG_2522.thumb.jpeg.bbda887cd1bb070451ca9e5a2f84ab96.jpeg

a drink at Catherine’s bar in town

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.1dfb032deb94576b95c2cd381aca7797.jpeg

IMG_2561.thumb.jpeg.09442fbf35a5e2c37331036047d78117.jpeg

by the beach at Neville’s house (but no Harry!)

IMG_2579.thumb.jpeg.f3b87d9d596e40cf1e6bce20ea2f6f23.jpeg

and a second filming beach stop with included drinks and snacks. 

IMG_2619.thumb.jpeg.d66732911ccb36648609be8b1122736b.jpeg

There were12 in the group so really nice 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

An excellent “excursion” ok can’t remember the silly lingo in Guadeloupe - the Death in Paradise tour. We even saw Neville and he waved to us but I was too slow with the camera 😂😂

But plenty time at the Police Station 

Really would like to do this, was it with the ship or arranged privately? 
Any details appreciated 

Thank you

16 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

Really would like to do this, was it with the ship or arranged privately? 
Any details appreciated 

Thank you

It’s a ship excursion and well worth it. I believe there are a few people offer it privately but when the ships in town most work for the ship. It was over 4 hours pretty relaxed. We were on the 0830 tour which was ideal as it was cooler. Also the extensive fried fish snacks at the last stop became our lunch. These two photos show what we were served for two 

IMG_2610.thumb.jpeg.e3ecbefadd20fdb35cce32eb59dcf5d9.jpeg

IMG_2611.thumb.jpeg.99925fd960a0e5ad257a624866664407.jpeg

plus a wicked rhum (aka local rhum) punch. Catherine’s you’ve to pay but it’s not badly marked up. 

By the way here and Gustavia are euro currency and those who didn’t have euros found some taxis wouldn’t take them. We’d brought ours so no issue at the lovely genuine craft market 

• Like 1

"An excellent “excursion” ok can’t remember the silly lingo in Guadeloupe - the Death in Paradise tour. We even saw Neville and he waved to us but I was too slow with the camera 😂😂
But plenty time at the Police Station "

Oh how fun!!!! I love watching Death in Paradise on my public tv station. 

Great pictures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

It’s a ship excursion and well worth it

Great information, thank you I have to admit I love that programme It’s a bit of escapism with tongue in cheek plot lines a easy watch and despite the theme really cheers me up😉

• Like 3

Today in Guadeloupe could not have got more special with this double rainbow over “Sainte Honore” 

It just capped a perfect day for us. Tomorrow the multiple ship experience that is St Kitts. Will be very different! 

IMG_2634.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Today in Guadeloupe could not have got more special with this double rainbow over “Sainte Honore” 

It just capped a perfect day for us. Tomorrow the multiple ship experience that is St Kitts. Will be very different! 

IMG_2634.jpeg

Beautiful – and symmetrical with the illuminated hill [do they call it a 'mountain' ?] in the center.  A Renaissance artist would be proud!

• Haha 1

Today in St Kitts has been a lazy day. We did walk off into the harbour shops but found the taxi drivers much more aggressive than before. Times must be hard and some were quite rude one leaving us in no doubt we were losers not going on his tour!! Having been many times before I was happy being a winner coming back early and enjoying the beautiful views from my lounger

9FC6AC1C-AD72-49BA-B3D3-0C14618E3779.thumb.jpeg.ffceeede8009a12fbd31e73e4fd7be9b.jpeg

Last night we had an excellent dinner in Med Yacht - the food continues to be spot on every meal. 

We then tried to find entertainment to our tastes. Our first plan the 60s and 70s evening drew a blank as the group were still debating their play list and opting for reggae 20 minutes after the advertised start. 

It’s hard to work out what’s going on in the show lounge - all the information is cryptic. Anyway the setting was really nice

IMG_2642.thumb.jpeg.b31ebad256a67752beb117a079574b03.jpeg

Unfortunately the night at the musical’s really disappointed- the two singers can’t hold a show together and aim for volume over tuning. We were surprised how many people left but it’s a good feature of the lounge it’s easier to drop in and out. 

They need to sort the entertainment out but I think they know it. As long as they keep the good food coming I’m happy with the simplicity of the piano player in the upstairs lounge watching the ocean though DH wants more. 

That said even with the poor entertainment he’s been tempted to a Black Friday booking 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Today in St Kitts has been a lazy day. We did walk off into the harbour shops but found the taxi drivers much more aggressive than before. Times must be hard and some were quite rude one leaving us in no doubt we were losers not going on his tour!! Having been many times before I was happy being a winner coming back early and enjoying the beautiful views from my lounger

9FC6AC1C-AD72-49BA-B3D3-0C14618E3779.thumb.jpeg.ffceeede8009a12fbd31e73e4fd7be9b.jpeg

Last night we had an excellent dinner in Med Yacht - the food continues to be spot on every meal. 

We then tried to find entertainment to our tastes. Our first plan the 60s and 70s evening drew a blank as the group were still debating their play list and opting for reggae 20 minutes after the advertised start. 

It’s hard to work out what’s going on in the show lounge - all the information is cryptic. Anyway the setting was really nice

IMG_2642.thumb.jpeg.b31ebad256a67752beb117a079574b03.jpeg

Unfortunately the night at the musical’s really disappointed- the two singers can’t hold a show together and aim for volume over tuning. We were surprised how many people left but it’s a good feature of the lounge it’s easier to drop in and out. 

They need to sort the entertainment out but I think they know it. As long as they keep the good food coming I’m happy with the simplicity of the piano player in the upstairs lounge watching the ocean though DH wants more. 

That said even with the poor entertainment he’s been tempted to a Black Friday booking 

So funny .... our personal itinerary has MANY more "days at sea" than the Explora website!

You're frankly scaring me about the entertainment ..... we will follow your advice and decamp to the Explora Lounge.

On 11/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, uktog said:

We don’t have a stool in an OT4 we have a chair with a back and a very helpful leather pull handle which makes it easy to manoeuvre. It’s a really comfortable chair - I can’t do low seating but have no issues with this chair 

Apologies, it IS a chair with a back and pull handle. Agree it's comfortable but too low in relation to table.

4 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thank you. Hope this would be a place to use OBC in.

In October when we sailed there was only a very small sundries counter behind one of the small displays in one shop so it is suggested to bring any items one might need from a drig store

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thank you. Hope this would be a place to use OBC in.

Honestly we’ve obc and it’s really only excursions or maybe the spa if Anthology restaurant is not your thing

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 2:44 PM, Azulann said:

"An excellent “excursion” ok can’t remember the silly lingo in Guadeloupe - the Death in Paradise tour. We even saw Neville and he waved to us but I was too slow with the camera 😂😂
But plenty time at the Police Station "

Oh how fun!!!! I love watching Death in Paradise on my public tv station. 

Great pictures. 

Thank you.  We are booked on this tour through the ship.  I am so happy that you  wrote about it.

• Like 2

According to a manager who should know, the expected number for our second leg is even less 327. 
This does impact on experience with excursions cancelled (in our case today no notice sent so we turn up at the designated time and got nothing 🥲) entertainment a little flat and some staff far too over eager (ok they’re bored!) 

In answer to a previous question it’s out of the cabin by 0800 and off the ship by 0900. Room service is available for breakfast 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

According to a manager who should know, the expected number for our second leg is even less 327. 
This does impact on experience with excursions cancelled (in our case today no notice sent so we turn up at the designated time and got nothing 🥲) entertainment a little flat and some staff far too over eager (ok they’re bored!) 

In answer to a previous question it’s out of the cabin by 0800 and off the ship by 0900. Room service is available for breakfast 

Thank you, are any restaurants open?  We have enjoyed your reports!

• Like 1