Adult pool areas

SkipperG

Have only sailed RCL and really enjoy the adults only Solarium for quiet and relaxing pool area. Is there anything similar on NCL? It looks like the only thing comparable may be the Haven but that appears to be an added expense. Am I missing something?

Just now, SkipperG said:

Have only sailed RCL and really enjoy the adults only Solarium for quiet and relaxing pool area. Is there anything similar on NCL? It looks like the only thing comparable may be the Haven but that appears to be an added expense. Am I missing something?

The Haven is not adults only. The Outdoor Sundeck in the Haven is 16 and over. On the Joy in April there was an adults only pool on the pool deck and the lifeguard actually enforced it. Breakaway and Breakaway Plus ships do not have a adults only solarium area like RCCL

• Like 1

i was just going to make the same recommendation.

neither of those include pool access, but both generally include hot tub access. spice H2O tends to be a bit crowded and chaotic. the vibe is an oasis of serenity and expedited drink service, with limited occupancy and guaranteed seating at plush lounge chairs.

i just spent 19 days on the joy with a vibe pass and it was wonderfully relaxing.

• Like 4

The good thing about Spice H2O is that it's actually outdoors.  The RCL Solarium has always been indoors on the ships I've sailed.  Plus, it's WAY EASIER to get a lounger in Spice H2O.

Vibe is adults only.  But, there's a cost associated with it.

Haven is a whole other level.  There's a private pool and hot tubs as well as a whole level of loungers that are never crowded.  Plus, Haven has its own bar and restaurant as well as Butlers and Concierges to go along with nicer cabins, too.  More costly, though. It is similar to the Retreat on Celebrity.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Amenities vary by ship so narrowing it down to a particular ship or class would help to give better answers. Not all ships have VIBE. Not all ships have a Spa. Not all ships have Spice H2O. Only one ship has POSH, etc. 

Which ship are you considering?  

I am looking at a cruise on Encore but my question was more general for NCL as a whole. Thank you for clarifying that ships vary.

Encore doesn't have Spice H2O (no charge/adults-only during the day) but does have VIBE Beach Club (limited number of tickets sold/adults-only) and the Mandara Spa (limited number of tickets sold/adults-only).

There is also an adults-only pool (area surrounding the pool is all ages) but that area is neither quiet nor relaxing. 

The Haven pool is all ages but the upper sundeck (outside of the retractable roof) is adults-only.  

The Escape main (larger) pool and the two hots tubs on either side are supposed to be adults only.  I’ve only been on the Escape once, last month to NE/Canada, and there weren’t many children on board anyway.  They were allowing them in one of the two hot tubs and the pool.  Again, there were so few kids it didn’t really matter until the last day when it seemed like every single kid on the ship took over the hot tubs.  We just moved up to Spice H2O and avoided the kids.  I’m not sure if they enforce it more on busier/warmer sailings with more kids, but there are signs.

IMG_2063.jpeg

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Spice H2O: So since the Encore doesn't have this, where do they throw their parties at? Like the 80's party or the Glow party?

On the pool deck?  I haven't sailed the Encore.  You could go find live threads from Encore sailings to look at the dailies and find the answer..

On 11/15/2023 at 1:32 PM, SkipperG said:

On some ships there is an adult only area beach club vibe I think? You do have to pay extra but only over 18 is in there.