LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

18 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you!  
Yes, we toured the thermal suite. No whirlpool. It’s lovely but at $89 for a one time pass we decided to skip it. 

Interesting. IMHO, Celebrity is really missing a revenue opportunity to not upgrade their thermal suite to something comparable to Princess, QM2 or even some of the newer NCL ships. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rowval said:

Doesn’t seem like many drinks would be eligible for the basic drink package.

Well we are finding that it depends on where you are on the ship. For example, a certain Cabernet in CS was $17, so included in The premium package. Same wine in Eden restaurant was $25…so an up charge of the difference. Same wine, different price. But I agree, those with the classic package are going to run into limitations or up charges. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well we are finding that it depends on where you are on the ship. For example, a certain Cabernet in CS was $17, so included in The premium package. Same wine in Eden restaurant was $25…so an up charge of the difference. Same wine, different price. But I agree, those with the classic package are going to run into limitations or up charges. 

Have never seen this previously on a Celebrity ship. Glad we were able to upgrade at a reasonable price as we are primarily wine drinkers. 

7 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Have never seen this previously on a Celebrity ship. Glad we were able to upgrade at a reasonable price as we are primarily wine drinkers. 

New to us as well. I can only figure it’s a mistake that will iron itself out as more people call the price discrepancy to the attention of management. 

• Like 1

We are onboard this sailing as well and our biggest gripe at this point is our cabin steward and the lack of service. It’s almost 10pm and our room has not been made up yet. We have been out of the room since about 5pm so I’m not sure why it’s taking this long.

I tracked him down as he was cleaning another room and I asked for fresh towels and got them. 

Bartenders can be a bit slow in some bars on the ship, which is also a bit odd. I would have thought they would have brought over the best of the best crew from other ships onto their new ship. 

Hopefully things will pick up. 

Food has been good so far and good service in MDRs and in Blu. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We are onboard this sailing as well and our biggest gripe at this point is our cabin steward and the lack of service. It’s almost 10pm and our room has not been made up yet. We have been out of the room since about 5pm so I’m not sure why it’s taking this long.

I tracked him down as he was cleaning another room and I asked for fresh towels and got them. 

Bartenders can be a bit slow in some bars on the ship, which is also a bit odd. I would have thought they would have brought over the best of the best crew from other ships onto their new ship. 

I'm guessing they are working out some of the kinks and getting into a groove during these first sailings

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

SV photos for anyone who may be interested.

We are in Sunset 10298 on our cruise, so thx.  Unfortunately, I am not partial to yellow/grey motif.  Guess they will be going into the closet! LOL Balcony looks comfortable.

And: the current beer offerings   My favorite Franszikaner Hefewiezen along with Blue Moon White and lots of oranges

Edited by BecciBoo

18 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We are in Sunset 10298 on our cruise, so thx.  Unfortunately, I am not partial to yellow/grey motif.  Guess they will be going into the closet! LOL Balcony looks comfortable.

And: the current beer offerings   My favorite Franszikaner Hefewiezen along with Blue Moon White and lots of oranges

We are in Aqua Class and the colors in those rooms are bright orange. I like the yellow better. 

Night 2 on beautiful Ascent did not disappoint. We dined in Eden for our anniversary dinner. The hostess remembered us from the previous day when we requested a window. There were no windows and the only 2 tops left were crammed btwn other people at 2 tops. Kinda like sitting in the middle seat on an airplane. The hostess kindly allowed us to pick whatever table we wanted and so we chose a table directly in front of the kitchen where the chef and his team put on a great show!  It was far batter that any window table!  

Service and food in Eden were excellent. I’m so glad we didn’t eat much during the day bc we made up for it at dinner. At the end of the meal, our server and the restaurant manager presented us with a cake to celebrate our anniversary. Such a nice gesture but we were so full that we had it sent to the room instead. 

A few pics of what we ate…minus a pic of the crab cake, which was delicious. I had the filet mignon as my entree…can’t find that pic either 🤦‍♀️. DH has the Bronzino. We shared the lobster casserole. Also, enjoyed the wild mushroom risotto and several desserts. 

IMG_6224.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

IMG_6228.jpeg

IMG_6227.jpeg

IMG_6230.jpeg

IMG_6231.jpeg

IMG_6232.jpeg

IMG_6223.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

After an amazing meal, we went to the Eden lounge to stake a claim on some front row seats for the show.  We watched in fascination as the tech crew worked to transform the dance floor into a stage for the performers. The show started at 10:45, which we wished had been a tad earlier but it was worth the wait. We wondered why they would have such an elegant, and beautifully performed show in a relatively small venue. More and more we are realizing that the e class concept is more about providing many and varied experiences is smaller and more intimate areas than fewer options in larger spaces. It feels more private. We were up close and personal with the performers…anew concept for us to be sure. 

IMG_6234.jpeg

IMG_6235.jpeg

IMG_6238.jpeg

IMG_6237.jpeg

IMG_6236.jpeg

IMG_6239.jpeg

IMG_6240.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, blueslily said:

Is there a table or lounge chairs on the balcony? Would love to he able to recline. 

Small cocktail table on the SV balcony but no footrests nor have I seen any loungers on any other balconies (guessing Suites have them).

The show lasted about 40 minutes and was pretty spectacular. While most people filed out through the main entrance, we circumvented the crowd by slipping out the side door onto deck 5 and then back inside leaving the stream of people behind us. 

The martini area was hopping with activity as a 3 piece brass trio played very lively Latin music. A Latin dance instructor was teaching the audience dance moves and people of all ages were participating. It looked like a lot of fun we we probably should have gotten out there to work of some of our meal…but that wasn’t happening. Off to bed we went…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Night 2 on beautiful Ascent did not disappoint. We dined in Eden for our anniversary dinner.

Thank you for all of the detailed reviews!

We’re hoping to dine in Eden for our anniversary. (I’ve prebooked for the previous night and am hoping we can do a quick switch when we get onboard.)

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

GM

Would you mind sharing pictures of your room please? Thank you. 

PS sorry about quoting images. I hadn’t been on the boards in years. So much so that I forgot my old screen name.  Again, apologies 🫥

Edited by SouKnoMe

I am so enjoying your live report as we are boarding in a little over a week for the Maiden Voyage cruise.

In addition to the Baked Brie appetizer in Normandy, was the other appetizer Coquille St. Jacques with scallops? Hope so as I make the delicious Baked Brie and Coquille St. Jacques my entree.

Happy Anniversary and happy cruising!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We just got off Beyond and noticed rooms still being serviced late at night. Also bar service was slow. Seems not enough staff