Port info for Aruba and Curacao

sdrocks

My husband and I going on a cruise in March. These are 2 port stops.  We haven't bent either place in probably fifteen years.

My husband is somewhat mobility challenged (walks slowly with a cane). Curious if anyone can tell me how far from the ship to excursion pickups ?

If it's quite a distance I will not book any excursions.  The 2 I'm looking at are bus tours with stops he can elect to get off at or not.

Thanks for your help.

These forums have a message board for each port of call with tons of great information about each port, plus you can ask your questions there and find people who have local details. 

It's worth checking it out. 

The Aruba and Curacao boards are here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/101-aruba/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/50-curacao/

17 hours ago, sdrocks said:

My husband and I going on a cruise in March. These are 2 port stops.  We haven't bent either place in probably fifteen years.

My husband is somewhat mobility challenged (walks slowly with a cane). Curious if anyone can tell me how far from the ship to excursion pickups ?

If it's quite a distance I will not book any excursions.  The 2 I'm looking at are bus tours with stops he can elect to get off at or not.

Thanks for your help.

We will be in Aruba and Curacao this week...I will find out the distance from ship to excursion pickups.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

In both cases, there are docking facilities for more than one ship, and the distance to the excursion pick up point varies with your ship's location. The longest walk in Aruba would be approximately 300 yards, while in Curaçao it would be about 185 yds.

Aruba today, Day 5, Nov. 22nd, Symphony.

The ship's tour buses were lined up about 72 steps from the bottom of the gangway. It would've been closer if not for the barrier/metal fence to divert passengers to the left.

Photo taken just off the ship.

20231122_093758.jpg

• Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving!

Curacao today. Our ship, Symphony of the Seas, perhaps because of its massive size, docked to the left/farthest dock in Curacao.

* The shore excursion podium was 352 steps from the front exit of the ship, and 202 steps from the back of the ship.

* From the podium, it was another 60 steps to the buses.

* It would be a long walk with or without a cane.20231123_102217.thumb.jpg.557ad4e031b7cb19f226b516ebf128c1.jpg

20231123_102212.jpg

20231123_102241.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1