Laundry bags

Coloradohawk

3 minutes ago, Coloradohawk said:

Are the ala carte laundry the same size as the laundry package bags?  Trying to decide if it will be more beneficial to have laundry done every three or four days, or every day.  Thanks

Yes all the laundry bags are the same size. Many report being able to pack many items into them. We chose to get the unlimited package, under $100.00 for an 11 day cruise. We will be choosing that package for all future HAL voyages. I was well worth the price, having never had a laundry package before; we packed way more than we had to. Next cruise way less luggage, just send out laundry every day. The service is wonderful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Depends on how long your cruise is and how much or little you want to pack.  You can roll, squash and cram an amazing amount into the laundry bags.  Destinations seem to determine the price per bag - it reportedly ranges between $25 - $35 per bag ( the latter in Europe ).  It will come back pressed and folded or on hangers - the choice is yours.

It's an excellent service whichever way. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Coloradohawk said:

Are the ala carte laundry the same size as the laundry package bags?  Trying to decide if it will be more beneficial to have laundry done every three or four days, or every day.  Thanks

You can also ask for additional bags, if for example you have standard care and delicate air-dry items and want to submit separately instead of circling one or two items in a bag with special requests.

I was always a fan of the Bag'o'Laundry option (attaching one bag list) as most economical. However, now that I am looking toward my first cruise as 4* (free laundry) and how much less I will have to pack, I retrospectively agree with @Blackduck59.

bag o laundry.jpg

Remember the unlimited is figured for every day (night) of the cruise, even though you can't send anything in the last couple days. You can find what it will cost when logged into your cruise, under Extras. The rate is per cabin, not per person.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We travel with carryons and a backpacks.  We do by the bag, usually only need to send out 1 bag a week.  It is amazing what you can fit in a bag.

IMG_6316.thumb.jpeg.e9bcb1fefea2cb918a369ba7520b58e0.jpeg

There was also a basket of folded socks and undergarments.

17 minutes ago, 0106 said:

We travel with carryons and a backpacks.  We do by the bag, usually only need to send out 1 bag a week.  It is amazing what you can fit in a bag.

IMG_6316.thumb.jpeg.e9bcb1fefea2cb918a369ba7520b58e0.jpeg

There was also a basket of folded socks and undergarments.

I like your two shirts on the top of the pile.

• Thanks 1

Best laundry service ever! Agree w/others that rolling then stacking clothes into the bag will allow you to get a LOT in there. Since the bags are cloth, they won't tear. We've packed so much in them, laundry has been returned in 2 baskets. Special requests are honored  - just include a note.

Sometimes you'll receive a note back from the very proud laundry team.

20231104_151400.thumb.jpg.2303fc2828e487209f7627035864fc6f.jpg

Basket was on the bed; we moved it to the sofa. This is where we found the garment bag

20231103_144348.thumb.jpg.7e1ef0fe6a229f931860fd2f5f40350e.jpg