LIVE Thanksgiving cruise on Elation with ninjacat123 and family! Gobble, gobble!!​🦃​

ninjacat123

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Congrats on the newly booked bowling alley cabin! Sounds like an amazing itinerary.

Kitties and puppies Sete Cidades Ponta Delgada Azores Portugal. 

Furrbies make every cruise better!

20231204_054052.thumb.jpg.99d03a93dc05473c72d7eb840fd22e52.jpg20231204_054035.thumb.jpg.3a8cd41233d3ef7ce3c2788d16622315.jpg

Thanks Haljo1935!!  They definitely do🥰 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Thanks for the heads-up!  I usually do land-only reviews on TripAdvisor, and just about individual restaurants, tours, etc. but I'll take a look.

Speaking of TA, I just booked an excursion in Kyoto to Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Monkey Jungle and more! I also booked a Traditional Tea Ceremony wearing a kimono for the four of us.  Craig is going to look mighty pretty😉

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Speaking of TA, I just booked an excursion in Kyoto to Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Monkey Jungle and more! I also booked a Traditional Tea Ceremony wearing a kimono for the four of us.  Craig is going to look mighty pretty😉

And happy?  Grumpy?  
 I’m taking my gray kitty Molly on my next cruise…this week.  I hope it lasts longer than the black one (Salem)did on Elation.   She’s a Freaker (freakerusa.com).  Stretchy covers for beer, water, wine bottles, etc.  I had Salem on my bottle, same one in these pics, and at one of the shows the man next to me said his granddaughter (10) liked my kitty, she had a new kitten and was missing it.  At the end of the show I gave it to her.  The bottle is sort of my mobile bar, but filled with iced tea.
EM

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

And happy?  Grumpy?  
 I’m taking my gray kitty Molly on my next cruise…this week.  I hope it lasts longer than the black one (Salem)did on Elation.   She’s a Freaker (freakerusa.com).  Stretchy covers for beer, water, wine bottles, etc.  I had Salem on my bottle, same one in these pics, and at one of the shows the man next to me said his granddaughter (10) liked my kitty, she had a new kitten and was missing it.  At the end of the show I gave it to her.  The bottle is sort of my mobile bar, but filled with iced tea.
EM

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

Love it🥰!!  Gray kitty with the white belly would approve😺

• Like 1

Thanks for the great review.  We are booked for the Elation for the December 30 five day cruise.

I have a weird and lengthy question.  I book a cruise annually as a Christmas present for the kids.  The two factors that determine which cruise that I book are proximity to the Lowcountry of South Carolina and price.  Don't care too much about which ship or the ports of call.

I was on a cruise years ago that on our first port I had to get off of the ship because I couldn't eat another bite of the food.  I don't remember which ship it was.  Nevertheless, I just noticed the limited dining options on Elation and the lack of a steakhouse, cucina del capitana, ji jis or even a deli.

My question is were you able to find suitable dining options, and did you get really tired of the MDR? I do plan to bring ALOT of snacks to keep in the room

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SurfCat said:

Thanks for the great review.  We are booked for the Elation for the December 30 five day cruise.

I have a weird and lengthy question.  I book a cruise annually as a Christmas present for the kids.  The two factors that determine which cruise that I book are proximity to the Lowcountry of South Carolina and price.  Don't care too much about which ship or the ports of call.

I was on a cruise years ago that on our first port I had to get off of the ship because I couldn't eat another bite of the food.  I don't remember which ship it was.  Nevertheless, I just noticed the limited dining options on Elation and the lack of a steakhouse, cucina del capitana, ji jis or even a deli.

My question is were you able to find suitable dining options, and did you get really tired of the MDR? I do plan to bring ALOT of snacks to keep in the room

Thanks in advance.

Thanks SurfCat, I'm happy you enjoyed my LIVE!!  Elation does have a deli (the line was so long everyday I didn't try it, but Craig did and enjoyed his sandwich) and a Bonsai Express kiosk.  I love Pizza Pirate and the wait was about 15 minutes. My DDs enjoyed Lido and gave Guys a 7.5.  I thought Guys was tasty and Blue Iguana was good as well.  Now the beeeeg question....MDR.  It was hit and miss but we all found something that we liked and some night's menus were better than others.

Snacks (especially crunchy ones, like chips) would be good.  I think you'll be fine but doesn't hurt to have a little back up.  Let me know if you have other questions.

I hope your cruise is great!!

Thanks for your pictorial ninjacat! 

Just this week we booked a 4 day cruise on the Carnival Elation for February.  I was looking forward to the cruise, but after seeing your inspiring review, our cruise can't come soon enough.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kenrod said:

Thanks for your pictorial ninjacat! 

Just this week we booked a 4 day cruise on the Carnival Elation for February.  I was looking forward to the cruise, but after seeing your inspiring review, our cruise can't come soon enough.

Thanks kenrod!!  Hope your cruise is a great one!!  If you go to Alchemy, say hi to FJ the mixologist for Bethany and Craig please, Fiery Tropical Martini and Caribbean Manhattan😊

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That's great!!  Same ports as my Elation cruise?

Probably not.  I need to decide between Bimini and Princess Cays.  I plan to snorkel.  Bimini has a great shipwreck and that port was canceled on my February cruise and I’ve heard Princess Cays has great snorkeling, too.   It will probably come down to scheduling. Enjoyed your review!

1 minute ago, mlshum said:

Probably not.  I need to decide between Bimini and Princess Cays.  I plan to snorkel.  Bimini has a great shipwreck and that port was canceled on my February cruise and I’ve heard Princess Cays has great snorkeling, too.   It will probably come down to scheduling. Enjoyed your review!

On Princess Cay, I booked a cabana (#8 I think) which was in front of the snorkeling cove.  Tons of colorful fish and I thought pretty easy to access from shore. Bimini, we rode the tram to the ResortWorld beach.  Nice relaxing day, but not really a snorkeling place.  I'll be interested to hear which port you pick and if Bimini, where you go to snorkel.  Your review was great and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

On Princess Cay, I booked a cabana (#8 I think) which was in front of the snorkeling cove.  Tons of colorful fish and I thought pretty easy to access from shore. Bimini, we rode the tram to the ResortWorld beach.  Nice relaxing day, but not really a snorkeling place.  I'll be interested to hear which port you pick and if Bimini, where you go to snorkel.  Your review was great and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

If we do Bimini we’ll go snorkel at the Sapona shipwreck.  We were supposed to do it in February but we missed that port due to weather.  I’m leaning toward Princess Cay but haven’t pulled the trigger on either.  

Looking forward to seeing the new port in Nassau!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mlshum said:

If we do Bimini we’ll go snorkel at the Sapona shipwreck.  We were supposed to do it in February but we missed that port due to weather.  I’m leaning toward Princess Cay but haven’t pulled the trigger on either.  

Looking forward to seeing the new port in Nassau!

If you decide on Princess Cay, there are plenty of palm trees for shade with lounge chairs.  I didn't get bit up but my DD did while hanging out in the clamshell that came with our cabana so you might want to bring a little bug repellent. Looking forward to your review!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

If you decide on Princess Cay, there are plenty of palm trees for shade with lounge chairs.  I didn't get bit up but my DD did while hanging out in the clamshell that came with our cabana so you might want to bring a little bug repellent. Looking forward to your review!

Sounds like good advice and thanks very much!  Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...