Hooked Seafood 2 Pound Lobster Gone On Symphony

loudbmw

On 11/28/2023 at 6:43 AM, jean87510 said:

It's interesting that prior to the 1880s lobster was not a delicacy.  It was considered to be peasant food.  I find it fascinating on cruise critic that at times it may be the breaking point of a cruise being considered wonderful or poor.  

Very true!  Lobster was once fed to prisoners because nobody else wanted it.

54 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Very true!  Lobster was once fed to prisoners because nobody else wanted it.

While it is noted that lobster was so plentiful that it was considered "trash food", there is no proof that it was fed as a regular diet to prisoners, and the story is likely apocryphal.  There were instances where indentured servants' contracts were written to exclude lobster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 11:25 AM, livingonthebeach said:

It's advertised as the following:

"Whole Maine Lobster — 2 lb.: Stuffed with crab, topped with creamy béchamel sauce and grated Gruyere, then baked until golden brown served with choice of side"

I'm looking forward to indulging in the above on my Navigator cruise next week. I'll take two extra tails to make up for the half pound deficiency any day! 

On Wonder, I asked if the lobster was stuffed with the crabmeat as that's how I had it previously, but was told that it was just a plain lobster.  The menu didn't indicate anything about its'  being stuffed and that was another reason for asking.  I told the waiter that wasn't what I wanted.  He asked me what part of the lobster I liked and told him just the tail unless stuffed.  He said I can bring you up to 4 lobster tails.  I told him 2 would be fine.  This was in October.  The lobster tails were delicious.

We are just starting to pull clothing items for our cruise and will begin packing in the next couple days.  We have Hooked book and wanted to know for dinner what outfits did you see men wearing?  My husband wondered if he would be out of place to wear his khaki shorts and black polo shirt?  He usually wears khaki slacks and polo shirts for dinners…trying to pack light without being turned away or ridiculed.

58 minutes ago, trihawks1 said:

We are just starting to pull clothing items for our cruise and will begin packing in the next couple days.  We have Hooked book and wanted to know for dinner what outfits did you see men wearing?  My husband wondered if he would be out of place to wear his khaki shorts and black polo shirt?  He usually wears khaki slacks and polo shirts for dinners…trying to pack light without being turned away or ridiculed.

That outfit will be perfectly fine and better than many other diners. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trihawks1 said:

Khaki shorts and black polo shirt absolutely ok. He will not be turned away or ridiculed.

We love Hooked and have eaten there many times for dinner...we've seen men wearing khaki shorts and polo shirts. Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:51 AM, katiel53 said:

On Wonder, I asked if the lobster was stuffed with the crabmeat as that's how I had it previously, but was told that it was just a plain lobster.  The menu didn't indicate anything about its'  being stuffed and that was another reason for asking.  I told the waiter that wasn't what I wanted.  He asked me what part of the lobster I liked and told him just the tail unless stuffed.  He said I can bring you up to 4 lobster tails.  I told him 2 would be fine.  This was in October.  The lobster tails were delicious.

I just got off Navigator and it’s now a plain lobster as you stated. I ordered it and it was delicious!

• Like 3

Is the lobster still a Maine lobster? We have dinner reservations for Hooked on Navigator for Xmas Eve.  I have sailed in the past when the ship served Caribbean lobster which is a completely different type of lobster than cold water Maine lobster.