ABC island cruise Sunset V CC or Aqua class?

Not a username2

Hi all,

I have booked an ABC cruise on a Sunset Verandah Concierge Class. I later checked and Aqua Class that is midship are similar price. What are the pro's and cons for both cabins? Are there problems with stack exhaust being on the sunset verandah? Is Spa and Blu a better option seeing there is 4 days at sea? Would love your feedback, TIA.

Blu restaurant in the big reason to book AQ. Look at the menu as it has a slight edge to it. Nothing weird but it’s not steak and potatoes every night.  SV rooms are very nice but you will eat in the MDR. 

Just now, Kelownadon said:

Unless you take the money saved and eat in specialty restaurants. Then you still get the better SV. 

They're basically the same price cabin. I'd like to know if others have sailed a Sunset Verandah on Reflection on an ABC cruise, if there are problems with being AFT with balance and if there are any concerns with exhaust from the stack whilst sailing?

Both are good. It depends on where you want to be on the ship and how much time you will spend on the balcony. The aft has a large balcony. You also want to be aware of what deck you will be on. If you are up to high, you may hear entertainers from the Sunset Bar.

3 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

They're basically the same price cabin. I'd like to know if others have sailed a Sunset Verandah on Reflection on an ABC cruise, if there are problems with being AFT with balance and if there are any concerns with exhaust from the stack whilst sailing?

I would say that one thing to consider is that there is not a lot of shade on the SV cabins, and it's likely to be quite warm on an ABC cruise.  Last time we did this on a different Caribbean itinerary, we had to keep the curtains closed most of the afternoon due to the heat from the sun beating on the slider.  It would have been way too hot for me to sit out there, but DH could handle it for a bit.  Long walk back to the cabin, but we find it quieter back there with very little hallway noise.  A personal decision for sure... but on a "hot weather" itinerary it wouldn't matter to me if I stayed somewhere else on the ship.

3 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Sorry, when I made that comment I had mistakenly assumed you would be on an E class ship where you would be comparing a sunset veranda to an infinite veranda. After seeing Reflection I deleted my post as both a regular and sunset veranda on the Reflection are about the same in my opinion. That being said, you can still use your savings to do specialty dining. That’s what I would do. 

I don’t like being all the way aft. More motion, and ABC cruises can be rocky especially the sea day to and from the ABCs. I don’t like the very long walk to the back. I love eating in Blu, definitely better than the MDR. I don’t use the spa but book AQ primarily for Blu when I can’t afford a suite.