Black Friday

swanseaboy

15 minutes ago, swanseaboy said:

Black Friday Cruise Deals 2023 | P&O Cruises (pocruises.com)

Not hugely inspiring but could be a deal for someone. 

Thanks for this. It applies to selected shore excursions and internet packages as well. I’ve just cancelled a shore excursion that I’d booked and immediately re-booked the excursion under the offer, saving £10. I’ve also cancelled the internet package that I’d booked and immediately re-booked under the offer, saving a further £25 (even though I’d originally booked under the 15% launch offer). So that’s £35 back in my pocket for 5 minutes work. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks for this. It applies to selected shore excursions and internet packages as well. I’ve just cancelled a shore excursion that I’d booked and immediately re-booked the excursion under the offer, saving £10. I’ve also cancelled the internet package that I’d booked and immediately re-booked under the offer, saving a further £25 (even though I’d originally booked under the 15% launch offer). So that’s £35 back in my pocket for 5 minutes work. 

Where did you see the shore excursions and internet please? I can't see anything on my link.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Where did you see the shore excursions and internet please? I can't see anything on my link.

Thanks

Go on to Cruise Personaliser for your booked cruise. A black bar with Black Friday offers now shows. Follow links to discounts for excursions, WiFi, spa treatments, gits for your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I had a quick shuffti and albeit there is nothing for us there are some cracking deals for March and April to the Med for around £700 for 14 nights. When we were working and taking 14 night cruises it was rare to find much under £1000 unless very last minute. I think overall this black friday thing has got out of hand, it has already been going on for a month and some stuff just goes up to then be brought back down to its original price so that it meets the legal requirements. We have been watching a Tui river cruise for next May it went up £100 pp last week, they have now announced a black friday code that gives £200 off per booking. If you don't actually put the code in at the very end of booking you pay full price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thank you, this isn’t obvious, it’s the new cruises they are promoting but I got £25 back on one of my excursions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Go on to Cruise Personaliser for your booked cruise. A black bar with Black Friday offers now shows. Follow links to discounts for excursions, WiFi, spa treatments, gits for your cruise. 

Thank you.  Rebooked internet for £16 saving and also just short of £5.00 each on my husband's three thermal spa booking.

Unfortunately my excursions are too popular to be included but a good result.  

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks

Also, when you look at the excursions by port for your cruise the ones with 20% discounts are clearly shown. 

The excellent cancellation policy for excursions and internet etc also works to our advantage with this offer. As I have found this morning, dead easy to cancel existing bookings and re-book under the offer. As a result of re-bookings and some new bookings that I was going to make anyway I’ve now saved £50. 👍

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

some cracking deals for March and April to the Med for around £700 for 14 nights

I’m not at home at present so can’t check, but can you clarify? Is that per person and what type of cabin? I’m assuming inside cabin per person? 

• Like 1

Just now, Selbourne said:

I’m not at home at present so can’t check, but can you clarify? Is that per person and what type of cabin? I’m assuming inside cabin per person? 

It is inside on Arvia pp. There is one for £690 for 14 nights so maybe even get a bit more shaved off with a TA?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is inside on Arvia pp. There is one for £690 for 14 nights so maybe even get a bit more shaved off with a TA?

I have just done a dummy booking with ice house TA and an inside is £1382 per cabin and a balcony £1988 per cabin, both saver fare. This is for 31st March 2024.

11 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Departures 31st March or 14th April on Arvia from Southampton to the Med, £1438 from P&O for a Saver inside or £1708 for a Select inside (with an extra £50 per cabin OBC), balcony £2068 / £2662 (with an extra £220 OBC).

So for the basic Saver inside it is just over £51 per person per day.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

1 hour ago, 9265359 said:

Departures 31st March or 14th April on Arvia from Southampton to the Med, £1438 from P&O for a Saver inside or £1708 for a Select inside (with an extra £50 per cabin OBC), balcony £2068 / £2662 (with an extra £220 OBC).

So for the basic Saver inside it is just over £51 per person per day.

Thanks. Not interested in Arvia or Iona and only book balconies, but will take a look when I get home. 

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Saved me 40 quid thanks for pointing this out.

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you.  Rebooked internet for £16 saving and also just short of £5.00 each on my husband's three thermal spa booking.

Unfortunately my excursions are too popular to be included but a good result.  

Hi Ya,

Could you let me know how you cancel the wifi package, I have looked on my orders but it says I dont have any even though  I received an email confirming that I had booked it, I also booked a birthday package for our freind and this is now cheaper but again I cant see it showing anywhere.

thanks 

Just now, Cash123 said:

Hi Ya,

Could you let me know how you cancel the wifi package, I have looked on my orders but it says I dont have any even though  I received an email confirming that I had booked it, I also booked a birthday package for our freind and this is now cheaper but again I cant see it showing anywhere.

thanks 

Log on to cruise personaliser. Click ‘my orders’ at the top. Find the relevant order (you have to use the down arrows

to open). Click ‘Cancel’ and then confirm the cancellation. 

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Log on to cruise personaliser. Click ‘my orders’ at the top. Find the relevant order (you have to use the down arrows

to open). Click ‘Cancel’ and then confirm the cancellation. 

As I said I get this message when I click on my orders, but I received an email confirming the wifi package when i booked it a few months ago, maybe I will have to call them.

You currently have no orders placed.

5 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks Selbourne. Two minutes work cancelling and rebooking, and I've saved enough for a bottle of bubbles in the Metropolis.....  🥂

• Like 2

The one excursion we've got booked on our next cruise isn't part of this promotion.  However, we did see one at a different port that is part of the promo.  The Black Friday discount and the loyalty discount brought the price down sufficiently to book.  Saved about £36 between three of us.

• Like 3

I’ve had a look at the shore excursions for our two booked P&O cruises and made several dummy bookings. All I can see is the 8.5% Med Tier discount. I haven’t already booked any so can’t tell whether the Black Friday saving has already been deducted from the stated price. 

Both cruises are very different in terms of ships, destinations, length and cost.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:36 AM, Selbourne said:

I’ve re-read this thread carefully and have gone into my Cruise Personaliser again for both cruises. I can’t see a black bar anywhere! 

28 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve re-read this thread carefully and have gone into my Cruise Personaliser again for both cruises. I can’t see a black bar anywhere! 

Odd. I’ve just logged on to my cruise Personaliser again and the landing page is full of Black Friday offers for our cruise - WiFi packages plus selected excursions, spa and gift packages. 

IMG_2754.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

Edited by Selbourne