Here we go again!

amurray88

How can a company mess so many simple things up? For most of you you'll have seen my posts before and the last one was... everything is sorted hooray. Well...

For context, it's our first holiday with our 6 month old baby. We booked an inside cabin. Outside cabins were the same price but we were told you can't have 3 people in an outside cabins so hey ho.

1) wanted a Queen bed set up. P&O gave us twin set up.

2) we needed a cot for our baby. P&O said we might be able to get a cot, we'd need to wait til we're onboard to find out... originally telling us he'd sleep in a bunk bed.

3) we wanted a drinks package. We were told our baby would need to buy one too.

these things (in my opinion) are not hard to fix...but this has now been nearly 3 months trying to fix it.

Last week was a hoorah moment. A CS agent helped and said it was all sorted. We were moved to an outside cabin and given OBC to say sorry.

Today on the website I was assigned my room. With twin beds. I contacted them. They said there's nothing they can do.

SERIOUSLY? This is not hard....surely???

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

There are some rooms which only show as twins if booked for three people however if the booking has been noted, and it’s safe to configure then it will be configured as desired.

But if not safe to configure they will be stuck with a twin bed. Sorry but this has been going on far too long and once again shows the incompetence of P&O staff or poorly trained at best. All too often there are complaints of awful Customer Service by P&O either on here, faceache or other cruise forums. It is never ending and gives the impression that P&O don't care as long as they have your money and dont realise that a once great cruise line is very quickly going down the pan.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, majortom10 said:

But if not safe to configure they will be stuck with a twin bed. Sorry but this has been going on far too long and once again shows the incompetence of P&O staff or poorly trained at best. All too often there are complaints of awful Customer Service by P&O either on here, faceache or other cruise forums. It is never ending and gives the impression that P&O don't care as long as they have your money and dont realise that a once great cruise line is very quickly going down the pan.

I don't think I'm asking the earth.... They're trying to change their image to a family friendly cruise company but it's one thing sticking that in an advert... It really doesn't take that much extra to make it happen on the ground (or ship should I say) as well. They were good enough to say they'd change us rooms to allow for queen bed configuration but surely (surely!) you'd double check that the room you change someone to actually allows for Queen configuration.🙈

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

I don't think I'm asking the earth.... They're trying to change their image to a family friendly cruise company but it's one thing sticking that in an advert... It really doesn't take that much extra to make it happen on the ground (or ship should I say) as well. They were good enough to say they'd change us rooms to allow for queen bed configuration but surely (surely!) you'd double check that the room you change someone to actually allows for Queen configuration.🙈

Have you the room number?  It would be helpful to be able to see if it's one that actually can be set up as a double in which case it can be sorted straightaway.  On occasion I've arrived to find the wrong bed set up, not just on P&O, and the cabin attendant changed it straightawayl

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

I believe you said it was an obstructed outside?  There are two P deck fully obstructed cabins with fixed beds, P325 and P328. The remainder of fixed bed cabins are also on P deck and are at the front.

Edited by Megabear2

13 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Have you the room number?  It would be helpful to be able to see if it's one that actually can be set up as a double in which case it can be sorted straightaway.  On occasion I've arrived to find the wrong bed set up, not just on P&O, and the cabin attendant changed it straightawayl

The previous room we were given didn't say anything within the deckplan but when P&O CS emailed the ship, the cabin supervisor said it could not be changed even on board due to fire regulations.

This time round our room is E421 on Azura which says "cabin has two additional beds in the form of pull down beds."

Beggars can't be choosers but I'm wondering if moving us directly above the theatre, next to lifts, is really a considered upgrade with a baby.

I must come across as a moan but I genuinely don't feel like P&O have shown any sort of care over our booking. I wasn't expecting anything incredible, or upgrades or anything like that. I just wanted simple things sorted.

10 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

The previous room we were given didn't say anything within the deckplan but when P&O CS emailed the ship, the cabin supervisor said it could not be changed even on board due to fire regulations.

This time round our room is E421 on Azura which says "cabin has two additional beds in the form of pull down beds."

Beggars can't be choosers but I'm wondering if moving us directly above the theatre, next to lifts, is really a considered upgrade with a baby.

I must come across as a moan but I genuinely don't feel like P&O have shown any sort of care over our booking. I wasn't expecting anything incredible, or upgrades or anything like that. I just wanted simple things sorted.

E421 is not above the theatre and does not have fixed beds. See beloe

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/ships/2020-Azura-deck-plans.pdf

12 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

That will be a good place to be compared with P deck, theatre or not.  I've had inside room P319 - I actually liked it for convenience but Brodies is immediately above and it and not only is there noise from the pub including seats being dragged around but it gets heavy cleaning starting at 5.00am lasting a good hour.

As Moley said if the beds aren't fixed you should be able to arrange the change once you place the cot.

Unfortunately shoreside arrangements are often bad.  Celebrity last year insisted my 35 year old friend and I had a double bed we didn't want.  We ended up with literally 8 inches between the two beds as it was all the room available. I had to go sideways past the wardrobe on my righthandside as it was the only way to get out of my bed.  Good job we are very close friends!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gettingwarmer said:

E421 is not above the theatre and does not have fixed beds. See beloe

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/ships/2020-Azura-deck-plans.pdf

Ah thank you!

Our last room also said the beds weren't fixed but still couldn't be moved to allow for a cot. Here's hoping this is different.

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

That will be a good place to be compared with P deck, theatre or not.  I've had inside room P319 - I actually liked it for convenience but Brodies is immediately above and it and not only is there noise from the pub including seats being dragged around but it gets heavy cleaning starting at 5.00am lasting a good hour.

As Moley said if the beds aren't fixed you should be able to arrange the change once you place the cot.

Unfortunately shoreside arrangements are often bad.  Celebrity last year insisted my 35 year old friend and I had a double bed we didn't want.  We ended up with literally 8 inches between the two beds as it was all the room available. I had to go sideways past the wardrobe on my righthandside as it was the only way to get out of my bed.  Good job we are very close friends!

Thanks for all the help - hopefully it can be sorted. The systems just seem so antiquated...even when they say they'll email the ship to find out if it can be done, it just surprises me. Almost like P&O are just a travel agent for 7 different companies (cruise ships) with no way of really helping until you're there (and it's too late).

6 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Thanks for all the help - hopefully it can be sorted. The systems just seem so antiquated...even when they say they'll email the ship to find out if it can be done, it just surprises me. Almost like P&O are just a travel agent for 7 different companies (cruise ships) with no way of really helping until you're there (and it's too late).

That's exactly right, you've hit the nail on the head.  The emailed instructions can change as well!  I've had a change of Captain mean a change of arrangements put in place months before.  What happens onboard is down him/her and they all have different attitudes and preferences.  Basically what arrangements you make are all subject to that individual.

I'm sure it will be fine and your holiday will be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

The E deck obstructed cabins on Azura are identical to all the balcony cabins, so there should be no reason why they cannot be set up as a Queen bed. In addition they will have the open wardrobe set up  which would be an ideal spot got the cot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

These are pictures of the equivalent cabin on two Princess ships which are basically the same.  You can see the difference in the amount of room and why P&O are saying twin beds.

CroOceE42-57626-1481821202.jpg

ovxl.jpg

Looks like an extremely tight squeeze with the queen bed with pullman beds?

11 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Looks like an extremely tight squeeze with the queen bed with pullman beds?

Which is why they say twin beds if third person. But as you have a baby the cot can go in the open wardrobe space which will give you room if you want queen bed. The steward will change it for you. 
You will have to mind your head at the side though. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Which is why they say twin beds if third person. But as you have a baby the cot can go in the open wardrobe space which will give you room if you want queen bed. The steward will change it for you. 

Thank you - I believe my TA has emailed them to confirm.

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

You will have to mind your head at the side though. 

That photo does not look like the E deck cabins I remember, their beds were against the cabin divider wall, like the balcony cabins.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That photo does not look like the E deck cabins I remember, their beds were against the cabin divider wall, like the balcony cabins.

The OP's cabin has fold down beds so need to use the wall space.  There would be none if the beds weren't under the window?

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

❇️ The cabins with the sign as per left on the deck plans are set up this way to accommodate the pull down bunks. 

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

The OP's cabin has fold down beds so need to use the wall space.  There would be none if the beds weren't under the window?

The OP was told his new cabin had pull down beds, which to me says they are drop down ones from the ceiling, and if the cabin configuration has the beds on the dividing wall, as I suspect, then that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The OP was told his new cabin had pull down beds, which to me says they are drop down ones from the ceiling, and if the cabin configuration has the beds on the dividing wall, as I suspect, then that makes sense.

It definitely shows on the deckplan as "Cabin has two additional beds in the form of pull-down beds" if that helps. Sorry folks, realise both of you have given alot of help here.

14 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

It definitely shows on the deckplan as "Cabin has two additional beds in the form of pull-down beds" if that helps. Sorry folks, realise both of you have given alot of help here.

If you do a google search for cabin E421 on Azura or grand class ships you should find some useful info.

I think I am correct in saying that the bed will be sideways onto the window, and you do have a view between 2 lifeboats according to cruisedeckplans.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

They are pull down from the side not drop down from the ceiling. See this from Youtube Ventura cabin E503 which has the same logo sign as i mentioned above on the deck plan.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/slideshow-cabin-members.php?ship=Ventura&cabin=E503

Try this

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Change Soo to See
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you do a google search for cabin E421 on Azura or grand class ships you should find some useful info.

I think I am correct in saying that the bed will be sideways onto the window, and you do have a view between 2 lifeboats according to cruisedeckplans.

You need to make sure you are looking at cabins that have the same logo sign. The others may different and have sideways beds as the have no additional bunks for extra passengers which are probably the ones you have stayed in. There are very few the same as the @amurray88