Sushi on Five now fixed price?

AndyCapn

When I download the Sushi on Five menu for my June 9 Celebrity Eclipse cruise, the menu is $30 for lunch and $45 for dinner. However, everywhere else on the site still indicates it is an a la carte restaurant.

Has there been (or will there be) a change? Or are they simply offering a prix fixe menu alongside the a la carte menu?

Screenshot_20231122-171130.png

Screenshot_20231122-171207.png

Edited by AndyCapn
Edited for grammar.

2 hours ago, aml3679 said:

I just got off the Silhouette and it was al a carte

that's good to hear..

we are booked on Silho next year..abd that fixed price was not appealing.. we prefer a la carte...love the nenu at  raw on 5..E class  

I believe that those are the prices if you use your specialty dining package.. In other words, say you have a specialty dining package of 4 nts, and you chose to use one there at lunch.  You can order up to, or near $30 of food per person.  At dinner, up to $45 pp...If you order above that you pay the extra. Quite a lot of food between 2 people, unless you order a bunch of shishimi, which will use up your $$ fast.

Edited by Hawkstar33

10 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I believe that those are the prices if you use your specialty dining package.. In other words, say you have a specialty dining package of 4 nts, and you chose to use one there at lunch.  You can order up to, or near $30 of food per person.  At dinner, up to $45 pp...If you order above that you pay the extra. Quite a lot of food between 2 people, unless you order a bunch of shishimi, which will use up your $$ fast.

I bought the Unlimited Specialty Dining Package, which says it's a good credit of up to $50 (for sailings in 2024). If what you're saying is true, then the terms didn't mention I would only get a limited menu to select from.

3 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

I bought the Unlimited Specialty Dining Package, which says it's a good credit of up to $50 (for sailings in 2024). If what you're saying is true, then the terms didn't mention I would only get a limited menu to select from.

They never said anything about a limited menu. It’s just a credit toward your bill. This has been in place for several years. If you spend in excess of the $45/pp credit for dinner, you owe the remainder.

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

They never said anything about a limited menu. It’s just a credit toward your bill. This has been in place for several years. If you spend in excess of the $45/pp credit for dinner, you owe the remainder.

Yes, and that's how it was explained in the dining package terms.

That's why I am asking why I get the menus posted above when I download a sample Sushi on Five menu from the cruise planner. There is no a la carte menu, just the two prix fixe menus.

It appears there is currently no change on the ships, as people have mentioned. So is it maybe an upcoming change in 2024?

On 11/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, AndyCapn said:

When I download the Sushi on Five menu for my June 9 Celebrity Eclipse cruise, the menu is $30 for lunch and $45 for dinner. However, everywhere else on the site still indicates it is an a la carte restaurant.

Has there been (or will there be) a change? Or are they simply offering a prix fixe menu alongside the a la carte menu?

Screenshot_20231122-171130.png

Screenshot_20231122-171207.png

Ok...The menu you get onboard, has a price next to each selection.  These do not.  

• Like 1