V class Veranda on Pinnacle Class Ships

recruiter 28

3 hours ago, recruiter 28 said:

Is the veranda on the V class cabin smaller than the other class verandas?  We have heard this might be true and we were just upgraded on the Rotterdam to a V class veranda. For sure it will be better than our obstructed veranda. Thanks for your insight.

They are smaller than some other VX (where X is a letter from A to H), but they are "regular" size not Juliet balconies or anything. The V have the best location mid-ish on Deck 5, with a scattering of Vs on other decks. The ones on other decks seem to have either larger odd-shaped balconies or slanted balconies that might seem either larger or smaller! (have never experienced one).

Here is a video of a standard V verandah room on the Nieuw Statendam (sister ship to Rotterdam) with the views of the balcony starting about 11minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwznthu4hVQ

I last sailed in Rotterdam cabin #5160 and the balcony was a very good size for a standard veranda cabin.  I loved the location also since it was a Caribbean cruise, and I knew my main daytime area would be the Seaview Pool and Lido areas. That was a standard veranda on Konningsdam.

The HUGE verandas were right below me in cabins #4152 and #4154!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, recruiter 28 said:

Is the veranda on the V class cabin smaller than the other class verandas?  We have heard this might be true and we were just upgraded on the Rotterdam to a V class veranda. For sure it will be better than our obstructed veranda. Thanks for your insight.

The V balcony appears the same size as the standard (not handicap and not the most forward slanty ones) obstructed VH cabins. Two chairs with slide-away footrests and a tiny table. Here is a video with the balcony coverage starting as the 10-minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsi3U1RQDdo

ETA: but the view is surely better!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

I have stayed mid-ship in one of these V class verandah cabins.  While the balcony may not be as deep as some other cabin locations, it's hardly noticeable.  While I love the location of these cabins, I don't like to look down on the lifeboats.  We now like the aft area so we can look down at the water, but that's the only reason.

Edited by doone

11 hours ago, oakridger said:

I last sailed in Rotterdam cabin #5160 and the balcony was a very good size for a standard veranda cabin.  I loved the location also since it was a Caribbean cruise, and I knew my main daytime area would be the Seaview Pool and Lido areas. That was a standard veranda on Konningsdam.

The HUGE verandas were right below me in cabins #4152 and #4154!!

~Nancy

Yes, the handful of port-side deck 4 extra-large balconies are great. Not more expensive than regular ones.