Princess Chat

Lyndonn

Is Princess Cruises chats using AI?  It appears that my chats go no where and can take a long time between responses.  Real people or AI?  I sure miss the pre-pandemic days.  

Edited by Lyndonn
  • Like 1

Mine definitely seemed like it was a real person, and did eventually solve my problem (making dinner reservations bc the app wouldn't let me). I would not be surprised if it takes so long between responses because each agent has multiple customers at once

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

Is Princess Cruises chats using AI?  It appears that my chats go no where and can take a long time between responses.  Real people or AI?  I sure miss the pre-pandemic days.  

I think they might be managing more than 1 chat at a time.

I used chat yesterday and they were very helpful.   There were 55 people in front of me but it went quickly.  I think people just removed themselves from the waiting line.  The person on the other end was very helpful in booking an excursion for me.  She said Princess was having issues and were working on it.

I've used chat in the past and have had no issues

I was on Princess chat last week and it said I was 9th in line and then a few minutes later it started counting down too, I was next in line. I then waited and waited and after about 10 minutes later nothing so I log off. I used Princess chat in the past and I find them very helpful sometimes. People have stated that Princess chat people are trainees however, they have solved some of my issues in the past. 

Edited by DHP1

43 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

It’s definitely a real person. I was always given a name right away, and I met all those same people at guest services during the week as well!

Methinks perhaps that you are confusing the chat function from Princess.com (which is what we're discussing in this thread) with "crew call chat" in the Medallion app.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Methinks perhaps that you are confusing the chat function from Princess.com (which is what we're discussing in this thread) with "crew call chat" in the Medallion app.  

Ah yes yes. I am, but I’ve also definitely spoken to a real person on princess chat to set up Crown Grill ressies. It may have started as a bot, not certain.