Live - Valiant Lady Dec 2-10

ceilidh1

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

What’s up n (excited to see that tonight has Butter Chicken in the galley)

Love me VV's Butter Chicken. I've had it only twice. Once was good and another time it was amazing. 

• Like 6

Thanks for the live.

Wishing you a safe trip home now, as I'm boarding a HAL ship tomorrow and refuse to pay $130 for 7 days of wifi. 🤣

I feel guilty not sailing with Virgin, but HAL is hosting a slot tournament for about 700 of us, and the top prize is $100K. I figured the odds are better than winning the lottery, but I just know the food and shows will not be anywhere near Virgin's quality.

• Like 6

I just got back to the shop. I’ve had a wonderful afternoon but my phone died so I only got pics of part of it (mostly beach club). I left the beach club around 1:30 as the pool party was in full swing the thump thump thump music is not my thing on the beach. If you’re into that, it seemed like a blast! 

I grabbed a tram back to fisherman’s village and found a taxi to take me to radio beach. I shared with another couple and we paid $10 each. No idea if that was good or bad. I found coconut Brian and also the famous conch - but then realized I don’t eat that. lol. The beach was beautiful and pretty empty and very peaceful.

• Like 7

After I had my fill of coconut drinks I headed out to find a taxi to go back to the ship. Once again, I had no idea what it should cost. I found a guy who said he would give me a “quick tour” for $25. Seemed like a good deal to me. Who knows. He was great and really did show me some places that I wouldn’t have seen just coming back, Sadly, that was also about the same time my phone died. So not only could I not take pictures, but I couldn’t call 911 if he decided to murder me! Lol, Actually he was a good guy and I ended up giving him $40 as he took me around for just under an hour!

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

I said I got distracted by The Dock earlier. It’s no secret that this is my favourite place on the ship. It’s perfect. They have daybeds, aft views, and a Mezze Cart. I headed right here for a little snack. But two minutes after it came, the waiter brought me another menu that o haven’t seen before. Hence the distraction. Maybe I’m just never here at the right time. Anyway. Now I regret getting what I’ve already had before because I want this new stuff. But it’s also butter chicken night. The struggle is real.

IMG_0908.jpeg

IMG_0909.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

• Like 8

I was worried I wouldn’t be able to use all my bar tab and credit. I think I had $800 in total. I did good! The bar tab should see me through tonight- I’m not having a crazy one this evening. And I will try to blow the $75 in the shops, though there’s not a whole lot of choice…

IMG_0918.png

• Like 5

Feels very low energy on the ship tonight. I guess a long beach party day, followed by the end of cruise blues. Mood is sombre. I’m at pop quiz trivia right now and there’s only like 4 teams. 🤣 I’m going to check out the stores in a few minutes and try to spend the $75 credit remaining. Other than that, nothing planned until Circus Disco and Studio 72 at 11pm and 11:30pm. Will I make it?

• Like 9

One thing I do fault virgin on is their lack of communication on basic (but important) information. Like knowing ahead of time about luggage storage. Tonight I figured I would put my suitcase outside rather than try to navigate stairs and elevators. Then I realized that the only information we had about that was that you could do it if disembarking after 8:30. No luggage tags or colours or anything. So I put it in the hallway. My neighbour was out there and was attaching a tag to his bag. He said he had gone to sailor services to ask what to do and they had given tags. I mean, why not mention that ahead of time?

• Like 8