Island Princess odd question

teddie2

Hi there

For anyone who has stayed on the Island Princess... crazy question.. are there metal surfaces in the interior cabins.. I ask because I am thinking of taking magnetic hooks but then read that not all cruise line cabins have metal.. one cruiser said she encountered mostly plastic surfaces.

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

Hi there

For anyone who has stayed on the Island Princess... crazy question.. are there metal surfaces in the interior cabins.. I ask because I am thinking of taking magnetic hooks but then read that not all cruise line cabins have metal.. one cruiser said she encountered mostly plastic surfaces.

Thanks!

We have found every door will take magnetic hooks but not all other surfaces 

Ships are made of metal while wood and other building products are not allowed.  This is partially because of fire danger on ships.  In a similar manner open flames, heating appliances etc are also not allowed.  I always have a collection of magnets with me when on the ship and use the blank walls in the cabin to port things I want to not forget.  I also use hook magnets to stretch my extension cord across for my CPAP by the bed.  Yes, I know about the outlet hidden behind the bed but this is easier.  While I do not put anything on the door, some do using magnets.  So magnet away!

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Ships are made of metal while wood and other building products are not allowed.  This is partially because of fire danger on ships.  In a similar manner open flames, heating appliances etc are also not allowed.  I always have a collection of magnets with me when on the ship and use the blank walls in the cabin to port things I want to not forget.  I also use hook magnets to stretch my extension cord across for my CPAP by the bed.  Yes, I know about the outlet hidden behind the bed but this is easier.  While I do not put anything on the door, some do using magnets.  So magnet away!

Fire danger on ships?  You mean like this?

IMG_3646.jpeg.2725f741315b25d584a9cb89e80bc525.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

We were on the Island two months ago. Our cabins had metal walls except for the wall that backs up to the closet. That wall looked the same, but my guess is that it is made of particleboard.

We used magnetic J-hooks on the other walls and the doors. 🛳️

• Like 1