Tampa cruiseport car rental

dandee2

Just booked a cruise out of Tampa for Dec. 2024. I'm wondering if there is a convenient way to get to the rental agency from the cruise port?
Also, It seems that most hotels nearby are not available. Is that because we are way too early to book?

Thanks

Avis and Hertz have small hotel offices located within a few blocks of the port (depends upon what berth your ship uses), and Enterprise has an office in nearby Ybor City.

Hotel options for Dec 2024 should open up next month or in January.

On 11/28/2023 at 9:37 PM, dandee2 said:

Just booked a cruise out of Tampa for Dec. 2024. I'm wondering if there is a convenient way to get to the rental agency from the cruise port?
Also, It seems that most hotels nearby are not available. Is that because we are way too early to book?

Thanks

Like JohninDC said the hotels should be opening up soon. Check every day or twice a day. The Hilton portfolio of Hotels usually show an outrageous price the first few days after opening. Then they have gone down to a more reasonable price. Nov or so the busy season starts so the hotels and prices fill up/rise pretty fast.

We usually rent from National at 608 N Nebraska Ave. This is a cobranded location with Alamo and Enterprise I believe. No shuttle to/from port that I know of. We usually stay at The Hampton Inn/ Home2Suites at 1155 E Kennedy. It is less than a 10 min walk to the National location I mentioned. They have a free cruise shuttle that will drop you off and pick up. You just have to call them for pick up from the ship. I can give you the number if needed. We have walked to terminal 6 and 3, and used shuttle from 2. There is also a Publix grocery,CVS drugstore, restaurants and free Teco Trolley close by.

The other closest are Avis at Embassy Suites on S Florida Ave, Hertz at Marriott on S Florida also. Enterprise also has a location at 1001 W Kennedy. Dont know about any shuttles with these. Just watch opening and closing times esp(Sat/Sun) with these locations. They arent 24hr like some airport locations.

Like JohninDC also said the Tampa Airport 20 min away from port is also a possibility.

Dave

@LB_NJ We're on Radiance of the Seas March 2024 and want a car rental post cruise. Do you know if Enterprise has a shuttle that will pick us up at port?

If any one else knows of rental company that will pick us up at port, please chime in.

15 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

@LB_NJ We're on Radiance of the Seas March 2024 and want a car rental post cruise. Do you know if Enterprise has a shuttle that will pick us up at port?

If any one else knows of rental company that will pick us up at port, please chime in.

I don't know. We just walked.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...