Cashrewards

Does anyone use cashrewards or similar programs? I have noticed of late that on some weekends that Princess has a 6% cash back offer though cashrewards so I gave it a go. Had never used it for Princess before just the normal online shopping type stuff so I paid the outstanding balance for an upcoming cruise and have the 6% cash back in the account awaiting approval (normally processes after delivery so I guess after travel in this case?)

The regular cash back offer seems to be 2% so a handy way to offset credit card fees?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Does anyone use cashrewards or similar programs? I have noticed of late that on some weekends that Princess has a 6% cash back offer though cashrewards so I gave it a go. Had never used it for Princess before just the normal online shopping type stuff so I paid the outstanding balance for an upcoming cruise and have the 6% cash back in the account awaiting approval (normally processes after delivery so I guess after travel in this case?)

The regular cash back offer seems to be 2% so a handy way to offset credit card fees?

I have never seen or heard of it, please let us know how it goes.

When is the cruise.?

Cruise is in Jan, it was the Black Friday online shopping that reminded me of it to go back and check.

To be honest I was surprised to see Princess appear on it and even more surprised to see no cap on the amount of cash back in the t&c so at this point there is over $1k due back 👍

Will definitely be on the lookout for another 6% weekend when our next cruise is coming due for payment.

• Like 2

I have used cashrewards before but not for cruises.   You have to remember to go in and claim the money once the qualifying period has been met.  I use it a lot for booking hotels.   I saved $50+ at Marriot Sydney earlier this year, had to wait until 45 days after staying then claimed the money back.   

• Like 1

I use Cashrewards a fair bit, I've received around two grand back from them in the last 3 years, no cruise bookings though...

A lot of what I've claimed has been for bookings with Discovery Parks, they often have 8 or 10% cashback, BWS often have 30% cashback (usually capped at $25 or $30), any orders from eBay, Amazon, Anaconda, Chemist Warehouse, and the likes I usually activate also, a lot of the time the reward for those sites is only 1%, but they often have promotions for 10% cashback... I buy a lot of Boost (Telstra) Sim cards though them which I use in a data modem while travelling in the campervan (most winters), they often have deals where you pay like $12 for a $35 (50GB) Sim card, and the cash-reward is $18, so you get a free sim card and make $6 profit... (it just takes 3 or 4 months for the money/reward to come back to you)

Most the cash rewards get approved after 90 - 120 days, it's fairly reliable, occasionally one will slip through the cracks or get denied for no reason, you just have to lodge an enquiry and they usually pay up without any issues.. 

For purchases to be tracked you generally have to disable ad-blockers on the sites your buying from, and most the time if you use other discount codes or the likes the cashback will be denied.. (you generally cant combine Qantas FF or Flybuys points/perks with Cashrewards, but at times you can get both, it can be a bit of a gamble)

Aware of, and it is a thing which Today show talks-up from time to time with Effie Zahos. Not something I would have associated with cruises, but as long as it fits with what/when, any cash back is a good thing.

I gather this only applies to booking direct with Princess? I booked a Princess cruise yesterday which was around 2% cheaper with a T/A. 6% is obviously better if available.