Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

it’s so cool (literally lol) to see the huge chunks of ice. When we did the Arctic Crossing in 2022 and did a day cruise on Prins Christin Sund, the crew was all outside with us the whole time. I was so happy to see them enjoying it as much as us. I’m trying to attach 2 pics. Not sure if this works.. one night during dinner the captain announced for us to go out and see the train of icebergs, and the sun was setting at the same time.  Sorry, I can’t get the iceberg one to post… 

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_5258.heic 861.51 kB · 18 downloads

Went through in the TA 2024 as well.     Possibly one of the most memorable cruise days ever!  It was a nice sunny day, so it felt a bit warmer than it was.  Photographer snapped photos with large icebergs in the background.  We bought the photo but some folks we show it to  think the background is fake!

So blessed to have such wonderful memories.  I can't imagine  taking in so many interesting and beautiful sights as those on the WC will do. 

M

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Makes sense. Ultimate World Cruise is deserving of Ultimate Drama, both here on CC as well as TikTok😉😇

No drama here....just really big chunks of ice and glaciers.  😉   I would then call that "dramatic".  😄 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I had to chuckle at the end of the video when I heard someone excitingly squeal there was snow!   Usually it's said with a resigned sigh or groan. 🙂

Yeah, my friend Dave will agree to that 😄 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Down to Chops for breakfast at 8 am...starting seeing more icebergs.  🙂 

20240112_063557.jpg

Hey Patricia 

I just showed  my grandson this iceberg.   His response. ......  Oh wow! That sailor needs to be careful! They don't want a Titanic repeat!

😆 

BTW, keep the pics coming.  We are enjoying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We’re watching from inside and running out periodically to take pictures!  It is sooo cold!  I gave up trying to photograph the whales!  Just watchin* with binoculars too!  They sure have been putting on a show!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We’re watching from inside and running out periodically to take pictures!  It is sooo cold!  I gave up trying to photograph the whales!  Just watchin* with binoculars too!  They sure have been putting on a show!

Yeah, those darn Humpback whales....knowing just how to stay out of camera range!!   But indeed, have been watching many pods of them with the binoculars.  Happy we brought two really good sets!

Have only seen the one pods of Orcas. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, those darn Humpback whales....knowing just how to stay out of camera range!!   But indeed, have been watching many pods of them with the binoculars.  Happy we brought two really good sets!

Have only seen the one pods of Orcas. 

What brand and power are they? 

9 minutes ago, doghog said:

What brand and power are they? 

The big ones are Nikon (I think are 10 x 50).   My favorite little travel pair (that stay in our carry on bag at all times) are Steiner 10 X 26...but Bucky said don't get the American made ones if you get Steiner...only the German made ones.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, island lady said:

The big ones are Nikon (I think are 10 x 50).   My favorite little travel pair (that stay in our carry on bag at all times) are Steiner 10 X 26...but Bucky said don't get the American made ones if you get Steiner...only the German made ones.  

Thanks. I use to have a pair of Leupold binoculars that were 10 x 50. But I sold them with all my other hunting equipment when I stopped hunting. We are going on an Alaska cruise (first for us) in September and I'm contemplating on buying another set.