Covid test needed?

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Even if you tell them you're happy to have a private script and pay the full price? My clinic started giving them to people on request early last year.

Yes, even if happy to pay.

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I would suggest that anybody who still suffers from the Covid Paranoia virus should not even consider going on a cruise - or to their local shopping centre. Stay at home! 

That is a strange way of referring to anyone who is immunocompromised or with co-morbidities.

But yes, if you cruise you are currently getting short odds for catching it. If there is a fair chance it will make you very sick, the protections from screening no longer exist and even government advice says that cruising is not a safe environment for you. No comparison to a shopping centre though.

• Like 2

Everyone has their own risk analysis based on their own circumstances. 

I do not take RATS on travels but I am fully vaccinated and relatively young and healthy, and wouldn't qualify for anti viral treatment anyway.

I certainly dont think testing oneself and accessing treatment on board is something to make derogatory remarks about.

Nor is choosing not to cruise if one doesn't feel safe doing so.

And of course anyone with flu like symptoms should avoid contact with others, known diagnosis or not.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kristelle said:

Everyone has their own risk analysis based on their own circumstances. 

I do not take RATS on travels but I am fully vaccinated and relatively young and healthy, and wouldn't qualify for anti viral treatment anyway.

I certainly dont think testing oneself and accessing treatment on board is something to make derogatory remarks about.

Nor is choosing not to cruise if one doesn't feel safe doing so.

And of course anyone with flu like symptoms should avoid contact with others, known diagnosis or not.

Well said 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I would suggest that anybody who still suffers from the Covid Paranoia virus should not even consider going on a cruise - or to their local shopping centre. Stay at home! 

Agree and get your groceries and booze delivered on line from Coles and Woolies. I still get my groceries on line but not paranoid.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2023 at 8:30 AM, bazzaw said:

Anyone who understands the short term AND long term consequences of repeated covid infections is not being PARANOID to wish to avoid them! They're being responsible adults.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2