EZ-Air?

mattR

If you book EZ-Air are you able to still use airline perks that I would get if I booked directly with the airline? I have a WestJet MasterCard so have WestJet dollars and entitled to free checked luggage if I booked directly with WestJet using my MasterCard.

2 hours ago, mattR said:

If you book EZ-Air are you able to still use airline perks that I would get if I booked directly with the airline? I have a WestJet MasterCard so have WestJet dollars and entitled to free checked luggage if I booked directly with WestJet using my MasterCard.

The short answer is yes.  As far as the airlines is concerned you are no different from any other passenger.  At least that has been my experience.

Edited by wallyworld1059
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mattR said:

I believe that the general answer would be yes and no. Some airline/credit card perqs, such as your free bags, priority check in and/or boarding, etc probably would still apply, assuming you make the EZ-Air booking and pay with that specific Mastercard. Some other perqs, however, probably would not work. One example that comes to mind is our Air Canada/Aeroplan Buddy Pass, where my wife flies anywhere in North America for $99. That has to be applied at the time of booking on Aeroplan's web site and even has a separate department inside AC that deal with them. I doubt I would be able to apply it if I booked with EZ-Air as the option would not exist, the booking has to be made directly with Aeroplan.

• Like 1

You have to ask your airline or review the fine print of your credit card. EZ Air is a consolidator. Airlines have different rules regarding application of credit card benefits when booked through a consolidator. An example is United. To receive the credit card benefits you have to book direct with the airline and charge to your United credit card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to book through West Jet to get your perks. If you book through EZ-Air and use your Master Card, West Jet won’t know because EZ-Air transfer the funds to West Jet.

I would contact West Jet to confirm this however, on the safe side, I suggest booking directly with West Jet. And secondly, they maybe cheaper than booking with EZ-Air.   

Within the EZAir booking engine is a place to input your frequent traveller number.  Enter your Westjet rewards numbers there.

Have done this a number of times and had no baggage charges.

• Like 1

I've booked flights on United and American Airlines through EZAir, using their associated credit cards, and did NOT get my usual free luggage benefit.  When asked, those airlines told me that they have no idea what credit card I used to pay Princess, because the funds for the flight came from a Princess bank account.    

7 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

I've booked flights on United and American Airlines through EZAir, using their associated credit cards, and did NOT get my usual free luggage benefit.  When asked, those airlines told me that they have no idea what credit card I used to pay Princess, because the funds for the flight came from a Princess bank account.    

With AA, you got shafted.  The free luggage benefit does not require the cruise to be booked with an AA credit card.  You just need to make sure your Faf number is on your reservation. Misunderstanding somewhere.

It is different on United where the CC free luggage benefit requires you to use the United CC for the flight.

Who charged you for the luggage on your AA flight?