A

1 week on STAR for 2 PAX @ $15.5k

B

6 weeks on Granduer for 2 PAX @ $15.5k

A or B

You have avoided answering 🤯

Which would you choose 

Nancy 

A 12 year old Scotch is better than a 1 year old, sometimes older offers better refinement and quality with knowledge and wisdom 

and like comparing cars, some of the classics are worth so much more than the new ones 😉

Neither, as neither is worth it for me.  If I am spending 15k, I am probably doing international travelling or going island hopping in Hawaii for a few weeks.

There is nothing wrong with someone preferring the older classes of ships, just like there is nothing wrong with someone preferring the newer class of ships. 

For many 6 weeks of travelling is not an option, and only have ability to do 1-2 weeks so I can see where someone will splurge more for a short period vs. extending for long period. 

Edited by SUgwoz
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 8:45 AM, SUgwoz said:

How does TAs securing blocks of cabins for group pricing impact pricing on Royals end?  Meaning if several TAs contact Royal for a sailing, does that raise prices.

We weren't able to secure groups for the inaugural sailing, only future sailings.  

On 12/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, schooner_Drinker said:

That was not my intention to minimalize the great deal they got 

Nothing more, please don’t try and twist something out of nothing

As you say different strokes

everyone cruises differently I get that 

I couldn’t live in one bedroom house with 3 others 

Nancy

Before I left on harmony I booked Voyager TA. Even my TA was surprised a balcony was less than $30 more than the inside price. Ship was wide open and I could have almost any deck I wanted so I picked the pool deck. I'm kind of excited. $1321.xx. but then I wanted the next leg as long as I was already over there, France, greece x 2 and 4 stops in Italy.. 10 days .. fewer days and costs more but might as well not waste the airfare to fly home. 

All these posts per person per day. With varying numbers of people. That's my total cost for 13 days with fees and taxes. About $100 a day. I'm not even going to try and figure out 9 days at $62 a day was it 4 people. If people have to post it that way and not total cost imo they are trying to hide the true cost. I want to know total cost for how many days. It's a advertising ploy to say pppd to make you think it's cheaper. The 2nd leg did cost more but my TA did have much better prices. Thank goodness for DP340 I say. Comparing prices is like saying a apple and a pear are the same. 

My problem with icon is its geared to attract more kids. And star. I'm on harmony b2b2b and we have enough kids to suit me. Very cute but enough. Also I'm just ready for something new, hence the TA. 

I am pretty sure we all agree icon and star prices are high. And no appeal for me. No other line gives me solo discounts. Just royal. 

On 12/5/2023 at 2:50 PM, schooner_Drinker said:

Agreed

But there will come a time where the hand is forced due to the silly prices 

(That is if cost is an issue) For some it isn’t 😎 

Just a comparison between old and new

Prices are accurate as I have the first on HOLD and the latter sailed recently for that price 

for 2 PAX

$15.5k for 7 nights in a JS on STAR 

($1107 per person per night)

$2.5k for 7 nights in a JS on Grandeur 

($180 per person per night )

Neither have speciality dining or drinks package (ignore status for the purpose of free drink coupons)

let’s say a low level newbie 

Both basically providing Bed & Board and some entertainment and a slice of free pizza

(More $$$ will need to be spent on both  the wifi and excursions etc)

Do you go big for one cruise or take 6 for same price 

or spend $1100 per night on an ultra luxury line 

1 week double points 14 

6 weeks double points 84 points and now you are Diamond  💎 

Nancy 🍹

I did grandeur last year when it came to texas. First ship I was more than ready to get off.

I want a promenade where the pizza is usually hot. I'm with mike, prefer the bigger ships. I'm loving harmony and all the food though I havent tried wonderland, next week. 

If grandeur was free and I could hit pinnacle... maybe, but I'm not paying for it. Just was not my cup of tea. I feel the same about icon and star they are for kids. I did book wonder and utopia. I think 6 weeks on grandeur I'd be crying let me off ... let me off. Sorry. I'm in between. Harmony is a perfect size. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm with mike, prefer the bigger ships. I'm loving harmony and all the food

@firefly333 Glad to hear the B2B2B is going well! Haven't been following the forums as closely as usual, been busy with life stuff and I have nothing to look at cruise-wise until the other PC cruises are released. I always just ask my extended family for gift cards for Xmas (I'm boring and frugal so they work me; I don't need t-shirts and socks). I debated asking everyone for RC gift cards. 😁

Not sure if you saw my other post. It's by no means an amazing deal, but my March 2024 Wonder cruise is at the lowest starting price it has ever been... lower than when it was released according to the fruit site that tracks prices. It won't apply to Star obviously but it gives me a little hope that prices may come down over time and/or there may be decent deals closer to sailing (and the GGG sales ofc). Just sharing b/c I know you're not happy with PC right now.

Enjoy the final week of the cruise!

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

@firefly333 Glad to hear the B2B2B is going well! Haven't been following the forums as closely as usual, been busy with life stuff and I have nothing to look at cruise-wise until the other PC cruises are released. I always just ask my extended family for gift cards for Xmas (I'm boring and frugal so they work me; I don't need t-shirts and socks). I debated asking everyone for RC gift cards. 😁

Not sure if you saw my other post. It's by no means an amazing deal, but my March 2024 Wonder cruise is at the lowest starting price it has ever been... lower than when it was released according to the fruit site that tracks prices. It won't apply to Star obviously but it gives me a little hope that prices may come down over time and/or there may be decent deals closer to sailing (and the GGG sales ofc). Just sharing b/c I know you're not happy with PC right now.

Enjoy the final week of the cruise!

I'm not following your dates that closely. We have our Bella group feb 2025 wonder, then 1 day later utopia so I'm not watching other dates. April 2025 I have adventure southern which seems crazy high. May 2025 b2b TA to overseas. That's all i can cram in during that space.

1 more week but I'm changing cabins this morning. As a solo I see nothing that makes me want icon or star if even more kids. Sleepy this morning. Last week I broke down and paid for a extra day of internet. Havent been a early morning person this cruise. ..until this morning. Uggh.

Be home in a week to follow more closely what's going on.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Be home in a week to follow more closely what's going on.

Not much as far as good prices from PC, lol. It was just interesting to me that a Wonder cruise < 100 days out and during what should be a popular month was lower than the original price, that's all. Enjoy your last week.

TA's seem to make sense for you if the prices are right.

51 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not much as far as good prices from PC, lol. It was just interesting to me that a Wonder cruise < 100 days out and during what should be a popular month was lower than the original price, that's all. Enjoy your last week.

TA's seem to make sense for you if the prices are right.

But is it lower that the original group rate.

Are they comparing the same category.  for example GTY to GTY or is it a gty compared to a 4V

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But is it lower that the original group rate.

Are they comparing the same category.  for example GTY to GTY or is it a gty compared to a 4V

I was comparing 4V to 4V. It's pretty close. My group rate with benefits is still better but not by a lot.

The line graph for the price of this particular cruise looks like the stock market, lol. At one point it was approaching twice the price it is now.

Edited by OCSC Mike

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@firefly333 Glad to hear the B2B2B is going well! . 😁

Not sure if you saw my other post. It's by no means an amazing deal, but my March 2024 Wonder cruise is at the lowest starting price it has ever been... lower than when it was released according to the fruit site that tracks prices. 

So when did that site come back ? Thought it had gone away!