Daily fee for full internet

BVILady

2 hours ago, BVILady said:

How much is the current fee for the full internet package? Thanks in advance

By the day Surf is $30 and Premium is $35, but the price per day drops off quickly if buying for the full OR remaining days: "7- DAY SURF VOYAGE PRICING BEGINS AT $18 PER DAY AND 7- DAY PREMIUM VOYAGE PRICING BEGINS AT $23 PER DAY. PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE UP TO 135 DAYS."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

By the day Surf is $30 and Premium is $35, but the price per day drops off quickly if buying for the full OR remaining days: "7- DAY SURF VOYAGE PRICING BEGINS AT $18 PER DAY AND 7- DAY PREMIUM VOYAGE PRICING BEGINS AT $23 PER DAY. PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE UP TO 135 DAYS."

Would you, or anyone happen to know what the Surf package price would be for an 18 day cruise? We have a sizeable amount of OBC and prepaid gratuities. Since we aren’t planning any HAL excursions I’m thinking I might splurge on an internet package to use some of the credit. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, AryMay said:

Would you, or anyone happen to know what the Surf package price would be for an 18 day cruise?

Back when there were three levels (before StarLink was a twinkle in anyone's eye), there was a hard to find table of prices for ranges of cruise lengths but I haven't seen one this calendar year.

I can tell you Premium bought in advance for a 14-day cruise is $208 and marked "20% off" which is $260 bought on board. Using the $18/$23 ratio of the 7-day example given, that would calculate to about $203 on board price (where you can use your OBC) for Surf level. Possibly a little more for being 4 days longer, but at some threshhold they start charging the same for a few different lengths as Bill B posted above.

• Thanks 2

I have two upcoming cruises

for the 12 day cruise I believe the internet package in advance would be $187.99

for the 15 day cruise the internet package in advance is $223.99

I was able to verify the 12 day finally and it has been updated.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I can tell you Premium bought in advance for a 14-day cruise is $208 and marked "20% off" which is $260 bought on board. Using the $18/$23 ratio of the 7-day example given, that would calculate to about $203 on board price (where you can use your OBC) for Surf level. Possibly a little more for being 4 days longer, but at some threshhold they start charging the same for a few different lengths as Bill B posted above.

Trying to do a little math here...

The premium internet package for my 18 day cruise purchased at 20% savings in advance = $268

So full price on the ship should be = $335

Using your $18/$23 ratio that figures out to be about $262 for the Surf package onboard which is about the same cost as the premium package purchased in advance. 

But...since we want to use our OBC we will wait until we are on the ship and settle for the Surf package. I just want to be able to keep in touch with family at home so I think we should be OK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AryMay said:

Using your $18/$23 ratio that figures out to be about $262 for the Surf package onboard which is about the same cost as the premium package purchased in advance. 

Oh great you followed my math! That was the point I was trying to make. Unless you need audio/video, the other apps are THE SAME. Premium is not faster. So use your OBC.

As far as audio calls (which I think would include cell-phone texting), I believe if you enable VOIP (voice-over-internet-protocol) on your phone before the trip, you can even do that with Surf. Just no Skype/streaming.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 12:47 PM, Vict0riann said:

The first day on board, I usually find the internet pretty poor, so we often wait a day (or two) to buy internet.  The price goes down that way.

Like how much down?

I have a 9 day coming up in Jan with only 3 possible days of getting wifi in ports (really 2 cause Grand Turk is tough).  My prepurchase price is $155.99 for premium for 9 days.

15 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Like how much down?

I have a 9 day coming up in Jan with only 3 possible days of getting wifi in ports (really 2 cause Grand Turk is tough).  My prepurchase price is $155.99 for premium for 9 days.

We just get surf, and after our discount, I usually figure it costs about $10 a day, so it would go down about $10 each day we wait to buy it...   (something like that).

39 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Like how much down?

Note that @Vict0riann is a 5* Mariner. There is no internet discount for 3* (or any other star, only 5s). 

This page:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/onboard-packages/cruise-ship-wifi

Used to give 7-day package prices for Surf and Premium. It has been changed! and quite recently. 

Premium on board will be 125% more than the pre-cruise price, or $195. My experience has been that the 20% discounted Premium is only a little more than the non-discounted Surf. So figure $12/day on board. Pretty sure (my only evidence is the OLD table from when there were three levels available) the packages are pro-rated on a curve, but they do go down each day. Or you can buy one day only for $30 Surf, $35 Premium.

• Like 1