Cunard 2026 Itineraries Preview

bluemarble

52 minutes ago, Jim_P said:

I just noticed I'm in Sydney overnight on my embarkation day.. A bit annoying, paying for an extra day to just sit in port. Had anyone else had this before? I've had it on disembarkation before (actually last month in Sydney) but I've never seen an embarkation day on the day before it sails.

I've had that on another line in Reykjavik - stayed overnight in the port on embarkation day. I guess it's very different if it's your home port though.

13 hours ago, Bedruthen said:

This is probably it. The Princess grills were available in a limited quantity (1 cabin!) on the 14 night cruise but none on the 21 day combined. I’m pretty disappointed as it would have been our first grills experience and, if we had enjoyed it, would probably have upgraded in the future. Instead we are just feeling really cheated by Cunard.

13 hours ago, Bedruthen said:

Except it was the longer 21 day segment that we wanted to book. The cruise was then divided in to a 7 and 14 day. 

Have you phoned Cunard?

If you identify that a cabin or selection of cabins that you would be happy with are being sold on both the 7 and 14 day cruises, phone them and ask that a request be made to the "berthing team" to release one of those cabins to the 21 day itinerary that you want to book.

In our case, if we had booked as two separate crossings, we would have paid 22% more. It seems like a very crude attempt at yield management to try and sell cabins on shorter trips for a higher total amount of money.

13 minutes ago, D&N said:

Have you phoned Cunard?

If you identify that a cabin or selection of cabins that you would be happy with are being sold on both the 7 and 14 day cruises, phone them and ask that a request be made to the "berthing team" to release one of those cabins to the 21 day itinerary that you want to book.

In our case, if we had booked as two separate crossings, we would have paid 22% more. It seems like a very crude attempt at yield management to try and sell cabins on shorter trips for a higher total amount of money.

our agent has phoned this morning. Cunard will not release any of the Princess Grill cabins that are available on the separate legs for booking on the combined 21 day. So anyone wanting to book Princess Grill on 21 day cruise, there is no availability.

• Thanks 1

I phoned today and spoke to the lady on the phone about the error messages:

"Sorry, we are unable to process your booking at the moment."

"Payment has failed due to package unavailability."

She wasn't sure why it was displaying these as there was availability on the cruises in question but said she would feed back the problems I had.  So I am none the wiser.

5 hours ago, D&N said:

Cunard has been pulling this stunt for several years on some consecutive voyages.  We discovered this with the Québec-NY-Southampton and vv voyages. Very few cabins - especially in Britannia Club - are available as one 14-day voyage but ample space is available for two back-to-back voyages at a higher cost.  Even if the same cabin is available on both segments Cunard will not sell it as one voyage once the single voyage is marked sold out in that category.  

On principle we shouldn't let them treat us this way, but those two segments are amongst our favourites so we do it.  At our age we don't like booking much more than a year in advance.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

Cunard has been pulling this stunt for several years on some consecutive voyages.  We discovered this with the Québec-NY-Southampton and vv voyages. Very few cabins - especially in Britannia Club - are available as one 14-day voyage but ample space is available for two back-to-back voyages at a higher cost.  Even if the same cabin is available on both segments Cunard will not sell it as one voyage once the single voyage is marked sold out in that category.  

On principle we shouldn't let them treat us this way, but those two segments are amongst our favourites so we do it.  At our age we don't like booking much more than a year in advance.

For 2025 they offered one, which our agent booked then got changed. This time it was only A2s. We would settle for an A2 on deck 12 but prefer a particular group of A1s, and the combination of agent's and my own efforts succeeded in releasing one. If forced to book as two segments, on principle we wouldn't go. I enjoy sailing on QM2 but there's plenty we can do here on staycation.

3 hours ago, D&N said:

For 2025 they offered one, which our agent booked then got changed. This time it was only A2s. We would settle for an A2 on deck 12 but prefer a particular group of A1s, and the combination of agent's and my own efforts succeeded in releasing one. If forced to book as two segments, on principle we wouldn't go. I enjoy sailing on QM2 but there's plenty we can do here on staycation.

I hope your TA can square away your BtoB TA’s. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:39 PM, Jim_P said:

Queen Mary 2 - Sydney to Hong Kong 2026 booked . . . I couldn't get a cabin where I wanted even though it's not a particularly popular location (Deck 11 forward). 

Why would deck 11 forward not be particularly popular?  Nice views from high up and no ugly QM2 lifeboats to look at!  I think deck 11 forward would be lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisMV said:

Why would deck 11 forward not be particularly popular?  Nice views from high up and no ugly QM2 lifeboats to look at!  I think deck 11 forward would be lovely.

People generally try to avoid being up high and at the front of ships. They're always the last areas to sell out. I love deck 11 forward for quick access to the glass elevator and forward observation deck and I actually enjoy feeling the movement of the ship.

• Like 2

Yes we had 11049 on our last Caribbean round trip from Southampton- very quiet and easy access to my favourite scenic lift - loved popping out into Commodore 😆😆Also the viewing area for a breath of air. 

• Like 2

Yeah, it's especially good if you're in an interior cabin and like to see everything that's happening or just want some fresh air, I must have ducked out onto that observation deck about half a dozen times a day. I was in 11015, literally a few seconds walk to get out on that deck or onto the glass elevator and straight to the spa, commodore club and library. There's a laundry there too.   

Closest I could get this time was 13019. Hopefully it's all right. At least it will be quick to get to the rooftop and the pool.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 11:10 PM, Jim_P said:

Glad to see QM2 on another world voyage after missing a year but the itineraries for Australia are shockingly bad. Given that they pulled Queen Elizabeth out of the region with promises that the Australian market would still be important as part of world voyages they could have thrown us a bone. My options are fly to New Zealand for only a five night cruise back to Australia, or embark in Sydney and have to go all the way to China.

I live in NZ, only saw this 5 day cruise on Queen Mary Auckland/Sydney on 8th March, seems like the cabins are long gone😭

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, anjo said:

I live in NZ, only saw this 5 day cruise on Queen Mary Auckland/Sydney on 8th March, seems like the cabins are long gone😭

Something weird going on with that one. I was keeping an eye on it too, but it disappeared from the listing on Cunards website about a week before the cruises went on sale, so I don't think they are booked. Perhaps Cunard has removed it until they get the numbers for USA to Sydney to avoid good cabins being taken by those on a five nighter?    

Edit: still comes up when you google it, just can't select anything.https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/M605C/M605C

Edited by Jim_P

4 hours ago, Jim_P said:

Something weird going on with that one. I was keeping an eye on it too, but it disappeared from the listing on Cunards website about a week before the cruises went on sale, so I don't think they are booked. Perhaps Cunard has removed it until they get the numbers for USA to Sydney to avoid good cabins being taken by those on a five nighter?    

Edit: still comes up when you google it, just can't select anything.https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/M605C/M605C

we are booked on this cruise. The cabins were fully sold months and months ago.  However we will be cancelling our booking so at least on will become availabe!

7 minutes ago, Bedruthen said:

we are booked on this cruise. The cabins were fully sold months and months ago.  However we will be cancelling our booking so at least on will become availabe!

It was only announced two weeks ago. You must be thinking of the Queen Anne next year.

2 hours ago, Jim_P said:

It was only announced two weeks ago. You must be thinking of the Queen Anne next year.

You're right. Though that one also booked up almost immediately after launch.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread came up in my search for "waitlist," so I thought I might add a small bit to the discussion. My wife and I received something from Cunard (I forget if it was a mailed brochure or an e-mail) regarding recently released sailings. In looking at options, we found a round trip TA (NYC-Southampton-NYC) in December 2025 that had a reasonably attractive Grills price, certainly the round trip price was significantly less than the two one-ways that made up the trip. 

Attempting a dummy QG booking on-line gave me error messages regarding nonavailability of the cabins, which I thought strange given they had them listed for sale. For PG, there was a P2 cabin offered near the front of the ship (definitely prefer P1, given that the sleeper sofa in P2 takes up too much floor space). I called and was told that all QG cabins were waitlisted.

Playing around a bit, I identified at least nine QG cabins and several P1 cabins that were available for each of the one way routings. Our travel agent had no more luck than I in getting access to a waitlisted cabin.

We booked the P2 cabin that was offered (they are now showing PG guarantee as the only cabin for sale) and were added to the waitlist. Evidently, we are #5 on the list, if anyone believes that means anything.

It does appear to be relatively common practice to waitlist the longer trip and sell the shorter ones that comprise it.