Cunard 2026 Itineraries Preview

bluemarble

2 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Blue Marble, help, I'm not tracking.  On Dec. 5 you posted a WB world cruise itinerary for QM2.  On Jan. 12 you posted port calls that indicate an EB world cruise, but I can't see where either you or anyone else noted the apparent discrepancy.  

Disregard - I've finally sorted myself out.

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

Blue Marble, help, I'm not tracking.  On Dec. 5 you posted a WB world cruise itinerary for QM2.  On Jan. 12 you posted port calls that indicate an EB world cruise, but I can't see where either you or anyone else noted the apparent discrepancy.  

OK, hopefully I can resolve any apparent discrepancy.

On December 5, and in one or two follow-up posts, I did indeed post a QM2 world voyage itinerary for 2026 which is a full westbound circumnavigation of the world (and surprisingly includes a transit of the Panama Canal).

Looking back at what I posted on January 12, that was a summary on the dates for QM2 that we can verify from various port authority websites. I'll repost a consolidated list of only the world cruise dates for QM2 found on various port authority sites, minus the date listed for Haifa. As I mentioned in a follow-up reply on January 13, I believe that's an error on the Haifa port website since it's QA that's supposed to be there, not QM2.

I'll also include the date for Honolulu you found on the Hawaii Portcall website and reported on the "world cruises 2026" thread. And by the way, that Hawaii Portcall website also confirms the date for QM2 in Kona. I'll add that to this list as well.

Queen Mary 2

11 Jan 2026 - Southampton

11 Feb 2026 - Honolulu

12 Feb 2026 - Kona

4-5 Mar 2026 - Sydney

7 Mar 2026 - Brisbane

14 Mar 2026 - Darwin

21-22 Mar 2026 - Hong Kong

These dates from port authority websites are consistent with the QM2 world voyage itinerary I posted on December 5. I apologize if I confused you by listing that erroneous Haifa date for QM2 in my January 12 post.

Edit to add: It took me so long to compile this answer I missed your follow-up that you've sorted things out. Nonetheless, this was a worthwhile exercise if only to add confirmation of QM2's call at Kona.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

We intend to have our agent book a 2026 trip on March 6th. But I'm not sure I like this change to release dates. If Cunard release 2027 itineraries at same time next year, by the time we sail on our next crossings in June 2025 we'll have 2026 and 2027 booked as well.

When June sailings were released in September we would only ever have another one booked when sailing and if circumstances changed and we decided we were no longer interested there would only be one more to take.

When booking between 27 and 30 months in advance it would certainly be a benefit if deposits were refundable for an initial period.

It could cause insurance issues as well. As French residents, Holiday Extras won't cover us. The few companies who offer suitable insurance won't issue cover that far in advance. The deposit may be at our own risk until about a year before travel. That is of course already the case but the longer time increases the risk of changes in health etc.

I can see from Carnival's point of view that they want to get as much cash in the bank as early as possible to speed up the reduction of the huge debt incurred during the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watsonbeau said:

Is QM2 docking at San Pedro ? Thank you

Probably. The Ports America calendar for the World Cruise Center in San Pedro currently only lists cruises through the end of 2024. The Long Beach cruise terminal is mostly used by Carnival Cruise Lines ships (Radiance, Firenze, Panorama).

Thank you. Overnight in LA is good as would probably do a trip over to Queen Mary in Long Beach, if only to photograph exterior if closed and second day maybe go round the Iowa as we did a tour up to Santa Monica/Becerkey Hills last time I was in LA. The Panama transit is what  I’m really interested in though. I did hear they are likely building another bridge Pacific end with funding from China - if they do I wonder if they will decommission Bridge of Americas or keep both. Can’t wait for March !! 

Edited by watsonbeau

So, QM2's first full globe circumnavigation since 2016 and, more importantly, first ever Panama Canal transit, are finally confirmed. A great 'thank you' to Blumarble for revealing it first and enabling us the joy of anticipation.

I wonder, what has really changed since Cunard asserted some years ago that QM2 was unable to pass under the Bridge of the Americas due to her height? Could it be works in the Canal,? Climate change (barely possible)?

• Like 5

Here's an observation comparing the QM2 itineraries I found elsewhere and what's listed in the brochure @D&N found.

For voyage M625, Quebec-New York, 4-11 Oct 2026:

I found Sept-Îles listed for that itinerary.

The brochure lists Îsles de la Madeleine.

Now Sept-Îles would be expected as that's a typical port call on that Quebec-New York itinerary. I'll be interested to see if Îsles de la Madeleine is on the itinerary when that voyage is posted on the Cunard website. I think that would be a new port for Cunard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's an observation comparing the QM2 itineraries I found elsewhere and what's listed in the brochure @D&N found.

Now Sept-Îles would be expected as that's a typical port call on that Quebec-New York itinerary. I'll be interested to see if Îsles de la Madeleine is on the itinerary when that voyage is posted on the Cunard website. I think that would be a new port for Cunard.

On our 2022 NE/CANADA sailing on the QM2, Sept-IIes was on our itinerary after departing Quebec.

Given I was so eager for the QM2 World Voyage as I am interested in booking, I used my "technical skills" to reverse engineer the Cunard API to find the lowest prices (was easier given I now know the voyage number from the above) - so for anyone who is interested in the prices for M603H, they are as follows:

Britannia Inside: £10,349
Britannia Ocean View: £15,209
Britannia Balcony: £15,659
Princess Grill: £32,849
Queens Grill: £38,699

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Isles de la Madeleine  is an annual call for PO UĶ Canada cruise. Been there on Arcadia 

• Thanks 1

Glad to see QM2 on another world voyage after missing a year but the itineraries for Australia are shockingly bad. Given that they pulled Queen Elizabeth out of the region with promises that the Australian market would still be important as part of world voyages they could have thrown us a bone. My options are fly to New Zealand for only a five night cruise back to Australia, or embark in Sydney and have to go all the way to China.

17 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The itineraries posted on the Cunard websites list Sept-Îles rather than Îsles de la Madeleine as the port call for voyage M625 in October 2026. The new brochure seems so convincing about Îsles de la Madeleine, even including it on their map for USA and Canada.

USAandCanada2026BrochureMap.jpg.89672498c145876cb6e679934882124b.jpg

There seem to be a few changes to ports overall, but not many.

QA to Iceland in July ‘26 now returns via Greenock and Liverpool instead of Stornoway and Cobh.

QE in March ‘26 has substituted Amber Cove for Grand Turk.

Many thanks again John for your fine advance research!

• Like 2