Cunard 2026 Itineraries Preview

bluemarble

John - what do you think is Cunard’s thought process for leaking these schedules to the travel agency and not simply putting them on direct sale now that they have been completed?

I would think Cunard would want to maximize their selling opportunities as far in advance as possible.

10 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

John - what do you think is Cunard’s thought process for leaking these schedules to the travel agency and not simply putting them on direct sale now that they have been completed?

I would think Cunard would want to maximize their selling opportunities as far in advance as possible.

It is somewhat unusual to find these 2026 itineraries so far in advance of a March "on sale" date which is a typical for the world and exotic voyages. In the past, I've usually found them one or two months before they are released for sale. Naturally they want to give their travel agents some time to prepare their systems to accept bookings for the new itineraries, but three months ahead of the release date does seem excessive. I'm not sure what their thinking is.

It is extremely odd that I've found the 2026 itineraries into December for QM2 and QA and into October for QV this early. It's unprecedented for this to happen during the time I've been monitoring the Cunard itineraries and their official announcement/release dates. This would seem to imply they might be announcing the more complete 2026 itineraries in March, not just the world/exotic schedules through Spring 2026 which has been the standard practice in the past. Assuming what I've found is real (which is still an assumption at this point), it certainly makes no sense for Cunard to release their full 2026 itineraries to travel agents for them to hold onto until the typical September timeframe for the announcement/release of their Summer/Autumn itineraries. I guess we shall see what happens in March.

• Thanks 1

I'll repost the QM2 2026 itineraries since I am now able to see the embarkation ports and dates for the various segments rather than having to guess at them. Those are the dates I've indicated in red.

This version also includes the alternative dates for the start of the world voyage through Los Angeles I mentioned earlier. The website where I've found the 2026 itineraries lists two different sets of dates for the port calls at the beginning of the world voyage. This is the version (with two days in New York and one in Los Angeles) listed within the itinerary for the full world voyage from Southampton. The other set of dates (with one day in New York and two days in Los Angeles) is listed within the itinerary for the full world voyage from New York. I guess time will tell which (if either) is correct.

Queen Mary 2 2026 Itineraries

11-Jan-26    Southampton
18-Jan-26    New York
19-Jan-26    New York
24-Jan-26    Willemstad
27-Jan-26    Panama Canal Transit
31-Jan-26    Manzanillo
3-Feb-26    Los Angeles
5-Feb-26    San Francisco
6-Feb-26    San Francisco
11-Feb-26    Honolulu
12-Feb-26    Kona
18-Feb-26    Papeete
19-Feb-26    Moorea
26-Feb-26    Bay of Islands
27-Feb-26    Auckland
28-Feb-26    Tauranga
4-Mar-26    Sydney
5-Mar-26    Sydney
7-Mar-26    Brisbane
10-Mar-26    Yorkeys Knob
14-Mar-26    Darwin
17-Mar-26    Bitung
21-Mar-26    Hong Kong
22-Mar-26    Hong Kong
24-Mar-26    Chan May
27-Mar-26    Singapore
28-Mar-26    Singapore
29-Mar-26    Port Kelang
2-Apr-26    Colombo
8-Apr-26    Abu Dhabi
9-Apr-26    Dubai
10-Apr-26    Dubai
12-Apr-26    Muscat
18-Apr-26    Safaga
19-Apr-26    Safaga
21-Apr-26    Suez Canal Transit
23-Apr-26    Piraeus
27-Apr-26    Cadiz
30-Apr-26    Southampton
1-May-26    Le Havre
8-May-26    New York
15-May-26    Southampton

16-May-26    (Refit)
23-Jun-26    (Refit)

24-Jun-26    Southampton
25-Jun-26    Jurassic Coast Scenic Cruising
26-Jun-26    Southampton
3-Jul-26    New York
4-Jul-26    New York
5-Jul-26    Newport
7-Jul-26    Halifax
8-Jul-26    Halifax
10-Jul-26    New York
17-Jul-26    Southampton
19-Jul-26    Hamburg
21-Jul-26    Southampton
28-Jul-26    New York
4-Aug-26    Southampton

5-Aug-26    Zeebrugge
7-Aug-26    Olden
8-Aug-26    Skjolden
11-Aug-26    Isafjordur
12-Aug-26    Reykjavik
13-Aug-26    Reykjavik
18-Aug-26    New York
25-Aug-26    Southampton
27-Aug-26    Hamburg

29-Aug-26    Bergen
30-Aug-26    Olden
31-Aug-26    Alesund
2-Sep-26    Hamburg
4-Sep-26    Zeebrugge
5-Sep-26    Le Havre
6-Sep-26    Southampton
13-Sep-26    New York
20-Sep-26    Southampton
27-Sep-26    New York

28-Sep-26    Boston
29-Sep-26    Boston
1-Oct-26    Sydney
3-Oct-26    Quebec
4-Oct-26    Quebec
5-Oct-26    Quebec
6-Oct-26    Saguenay
7-Oct-26    Sept-Iles
9-Oct-26    Halifax
11-Oct-26    New York
18-Oct-26    Southampton
20-Oct-26    Hamburg

22-Oct-26    Zeebrugge
23-Oct-26    Southampton
30-Oct-26    New York
6-Nov-26    Southampton

7-Nov-26    Rotterdam
8-Nov-26    Rotterdam
10-Nov-26    Southampton
17-Nov-26    New York

21-Nov-26    St Thomas
22-Nov-26    Basseterre
23-Nov-26    English Harbour
24-Nov-26    Philipsburg
25-Nov-26    Road Town
29-Nov-26    New York
6-Dec-26    Southampton

7-Dec-26    Le Havre
9-Dec-26    Rotterdam
10-Dec-26    Rotterdam
11-Dec-26    Zeebrugge
13-Dec-26    Southampton
20-Dec-26    New York

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A bit disappointed of the QM2 2026 voyage list compared to 2025.

Glad we booked our sailing in 2025.

Maybe, but Maybe that will be the year we would do our first BtoB on her for a special occasion that year of 2026.

Edited by BklynBoy8

21 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Queen Mary 2 2026 Itineraries

The first thing that stands out for me is the "Panama Canal Transit" on the 2026 World Voyage itinerary. We know QM2 can fit through the new Panama Canal locks but it's a tight fit for QM2 to get under the Bridge of the Americas.

It will be a very close fit.  The Bridge of the Americas clearance at high tide is 61.3 meters.  QM2 from keel to funnel is 72.0 meters.  At a typical draft of approximately 10.3 meters, that leaves an air draft of approximately 61.7 meters.  I guess they are planning to go through at a lower tide.  And maybe tell everyone out on deck to crouch down.

It felt close even for QE during our August transit earlier this year.

image.thumb.png.fe9761fe47d077db48d4fe2a185636bf.png

If it occurs, the Bridge of the Americas would replace the Askoy Bridge in Bergen Norway as the lowest bridge in the world that QM2 passes under.  Askoy has a clearance of 62 meters.

Edited by sfred
  • Like 3

Delighted to see QUEEN VICTORIA's doing the classic Southampton-West Indies long cruise in Jan 2026... done it on QM2 in Jan 2022, booked on QM2 for Jan 2024 and will certainly do so for 2026.

But sorry she's still exiled on "fly cruises" for another season.  I guess we'll get by without our summer ex-Southampton r/t cruise for yet more years.  Her annual longer autumn one was always a sell out but I guess that doesn't impress Cunard's schedule planners.

The good thing is that is always "something" and in the good sense of the word. 

21 minutes ago, sfred said:

It will be a very close fit.  The Bridge of the Americas clearance at high tide is 61.3 meters.  QM2 from keel to funnel is 72.0 meters.  At a typical draft of approximately 10.3 meters, that leaves an air draft of approximately 61.7 meters.  I guess they are planning to go through at a lower tide.

I found this in a Vessel Requirements document on the Canal de Panamá website (pancanal.com). I believe we've discussed these (or similar) details in the past when the subject has come up about whether QM2 is able to transit the Panama Canal.

"Maximum Height

The allowable height for any vessel transiting the Canal or entering the Port of Balboa at any state of the tide is 57.91 meters (190 feet) measured from the waterline to its highest point. With prior permission from the Transit Operations Division Executive Manager, height may be permitted to 62.5 meters (205 feet) on a case-by-case basis, with passage at low water (MLWS) at Balboa."

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The first thing that stands out for me is the "Panama Canal Transit" on the 2026 World Voyage itinerary. We know QM2 can fit through the new Panama Canal locks but it's a tight fit for QM2 to get under the Bridge of the Americas.

Ooh, I'd do that trip.

I've always maintained that it could do a transit with coordination with the canal authority.

From the Vessel Requirements document:

"The allowable height for any vessel transiting the Canal or entering the Port of Balboa at any state of the tide is 57.91 meters (190 feet) measured from the waterline to its highest 

point. With prior permission from the Transit Operations Division Executive Manager, height may be permitted to 62.5 meters (205 feet) on a case-by-case basis, with passage at low

water (MLWS) at Balboa. Maximum Height Restrictions are due to the tide and the unpredictable upward movement of water from swells, surges, waves, etc., and maintenance equipment suspended beneath the bridge at Balboa."

• Like 1

Or, they will just have QM2 join another famous Cunarder, Tyrrhenia, which en route to Montreal in July 1922 snagged the high tension electric cables across the St. Lawrence and brought down four of the six as her masts were too high.  Needless to say, she never return to the St. Lawrence, at least below Quebec. 

I did enjoy standing beside Stephen Payne outbound from Lisboa in Jan 2022 going under the Salazar Bridge and asked if it doesn't make it, does he just quietly return to his cabin.  But I think there must be feet if not yards clearance. Or something.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tag1000 said:

There does not seem to be a lot of transatlantic crossings in 2026 (from my very quick analysis)

I haven't counted them, but I hope there are more than usual. I have found it difficult to book a round-trip that suits us. I don't mean Back to Back voyages. Sadly, I see no crossings that include Halifax.

• Like 1

It appears that the Zeebruge Chamber of Commerce has been sending free pizza to Cunard for months now....  

But no... the trans-Atlantic crossings seem a bit lost in this.

Was there some British travel show in the last oh five years that suddenly resulted in this positive mania for sailing off to Norway in November and March with two days (!) in Tromso and three (!) in Narvik (I think that was more than the British Army stayed there in 1940)? It's uncanny how this "northern lights" thing has become a feature of Cunard and other UK based lines in the last few years. I visited Tromso once aboard QE2  and found it as dull and dreary a place as any I have visited in 50 years of ocean travel.  "The Paris of the North" they called it.  Sure, why not....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tag1000 said:

There does not seem to be a lot of transatlantic crossings in 2026 (from my very quick analysis)

I count 19 transatlantic crossings scheduled for QM2 during 2026. That includes the 14-night westbound crossing via Iceland in August and the January 3rd eastbound crossing I didn't include on this thread because that has already been announced.

That's a reduction from next year's count of 20 scheduled crossings and the 24 crossings scheduled for 2025. But that's an increase from this year where 18 crossings were scheduled (there will be only 16 crossings this year because of the two crossings that were canceled in April).

When we factor in the 38-day gap in QM2's 2026 schedule during May/June for what is presumably going to be a drydock, that count of 19 crossings for 2026 compares reasonably well with previous years.

Right on cue, I'll post my updated list of QM2 crossing counts per year on this thread pending confirmation of the 2026 schedule from Cunard.

QM2 Crossings Per Year

2004 = 15

2005 = 26

2006 = 20

2007 = 23

2008 = 24

2009 = 23

2010 = 21

2011 = 21

2012 = 20

2013 = 18

2014 = 18

2015 = 22

2016 = 21

2017 = 24

2018 = 24

2019 = 24

2020 = 1

2021 = 1

2022 = 25

2023 = 16

2024 = 20

2025 = 24

2026 = 19

Total QM2 crossings through 2026 = 450.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Gustavus65 said:

How does the OP have access to this information? I'd quite like access to! 

I suspect you may need to spend half your life trawling through travel agents and port authority websites around the globe looking for information that is briefly posted on web pages by mistake!

I personally think it would be quite rude to ask them to divulge their sources after all the time they've taken to gather the information (I know you didn't actually ask them to) and it would be against forum rules for them to mention travel agents by name.

Edited by D&N
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gustavus65 said:

I believe we should be thankful to have bluemarble (John) as a valuable asset to this board with his talent and resources and make them, information, available to us. 

We too also have access to information we share too on these boards.

John (bluemarble)

Thank you as always!

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gustavus65 said:

I'm happy to mention various port authority websites that list their 2026 schedules. The cruise ship schedules on those websites are meant to be accessible to the public. I've had the help of other members of this forum who have mentioned some of these sites, especially @sogne and @LittleFish1976.

Port Authority of New South Wales ("portauthoritynsw.com.au") for Sydney, Australia

Victorian Ports Corporation ("vicports.vic.gov.au") for Melbourne, Australia

Darwin Port ("darwinport.com.au") for Darwin, Australia

Fremantle Ports ("fremantleports.com.au") for Fremantle, Australia

APRAM - Portos Da Madeira ("portosdamadeira.com") for Funchal, Madeira

Gibraltar Port Authority ("gibraltarport.com") for Gibraltar

Sites such as these help us get a head start on discerning Cunard's future intentions even if they might only indicate port reservations rather than confirmed itineraries. An example illustrating that point was a statement I made on another thread indicating it looked like QE was going to be doing a 2025/26 Australia season after finding entries for QE on the Sydney cruise ship schedule from late 2025 into early 2026. But as we now know, Cunard recently announced QE won't be returning for a 2025/26 Australia season. Those dates for QE from late 2025 onwards have since been removed from Sydney's cruise ship schedule.

Sorry, I can't share specific travel agent names on this forum. But even if I could, it wouldn't be appropriate to mention sites that have probably made mistakes by posting itineraries before Cunard's official announcement dates.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1